Manager/Coach Interesting comment from KR post-match.

Wallop

I only half heard it as I was walking back to the car but he said he was happy with the players and the fans but frustrated by other things. Did he indicate what or who these other things were?

I only half heard it as I was walking back to the car but he said he was happy with the players and the fans but frustrated by other things. Did he indicate what or who these other things were?
It doesnt take the greatest leap of imagination!

I fear we have another manager vs board issue, which will culminate in only one outcome eventually.... sound familiar?

Getting rather sick and tired of this continuous cycle we seem to find ourselves in... As someone who tries to be positive and see the good in eveything and everyone, I do feel tested at times.

Maths really isnt my strong point however even I can add 2+2 & come up with the board as the nailed on culprits

Maybe zaki , tiger n co should consider a course of drumming lessons.... to learn about timing ? ;)

I just hope it is not the MAPP scenario all over again, we tee ourselves up in a great position for the playoffs etc only for the ownership to get cold feet over the thought of going up.
Some interesting criteria for Champ clubs... Especially if I'm reading right we need goal line tech installed. Looks to be around 250k a pop.

Personally as long as the status quo around the stadium ownership exists we will be sat just where we are in L1, I am all for sustainability and the model of balancing the books with a few player sales but the money grab on the last day of the transfer window says it all. Great I'm happy we can address the deficit and offset the losses for this season, yet did we need to snatch at the first offer? could we have waited to the close season? are not both players under contract for next season and in budget for this season.
Yes Fosu had a release clause met but where was the persuasion to hang on to the end of the season, maybe I'm looking at it to simplistically

Losing Cadden then Baptiste / Fosu has obviously upset the apple cart, it has irked KR and the fact we seem to be rushing Branners back in to try stem the tide of the downturn has back fired although he had a better game last night. We have a lot of fight but I see heads have dropped and minds elsewhere..

Still, I'm very happy the training ground has been sorted that's a great plus, we have again had a lovely cup run but it does have a feel of MAPPS last season.
I predict if the stadium ownership does not get resolved soon we will have another turnover of owners soon.

Let's face it the infamous first press conference of tigers! said it all.

Deja vu

Last edited:
Just a question,has Tiger taken a back seat recently ?

Selling off our assets bit by bit? Someone will be along shortly to assure you that the seats are all there, don't worry.

Could it be a swipe at the Football League for the fixture schedule?

Just a thought.

Could it be a swipe at the Football League for the fixture schedule?

Just a thought.
No, no, no! It is definitely Zaki, or Tiger, or Agyei, or the cold showers at the training ground, or Mrs Robinson for not making his favourite dinner last night (fish fingers, chips and beans I think?!).

It can not possibly be the standard of refereeing, the fixture congestion, the treatment many of our players get, or any of the real issues that he is expected to swallow!

of course it could be possible that it's a combination of all the above, unfortunately as Manager he has no control over outside influences or decisions of his employer.
Would he for example really want the mickey mouse cup, i would say unlikely but from his employers point of view there is fair money to be had and at least a realistic chance of success financially and the flip side being there is also more chance of winning it than the 2 domestic cup competitions.
Perhaps he could see what was in front of us and fancied the chance to have a go thus helping him the players and the board and in the case of him and the players their careers, maybe frustration with injuries that most clubs get but we have been dealt a more difficult card and he has had to bring back players into the main fold before he ideally wanted.

He has shown that with the right tools he can do a decent job but lose a couple of them on top of 2 or 3 getting broken and others a little rusty and the job becomes harder and the frustration with your lot creeps in.

Are we (the only constant) ever happy?

It`s either:
1. The Board
2. The Manager
3. The Team
4. Certain individual players.
5. The Ground.

etc etc etc.......................... its like politic`s you`ll never get 100% satisfaction.

Yes, there will always be something... this is always a rollercoaster of a ride after all.

But, when things are going great the other negative issues get muffled somewhat and likewise when things are not going great they rear their ugly head with a vengeance.

We are on a downer at the moment and more of the “constant” are struggling to remain optimistic. That is not to say we do not still turn up for games and rally support but it is just that little harder at the moment.

It doesn’t help when you can clearly see some discontent in the manager and between the players. That togetherness is being tested at the moment... right through the club.

And why is that the case... maybe those closest to the hierarchy know. But I am most definitely not ITK and so I simply judge by what I see on the pitch and the actions of the board. It just keeps it very simple and non conspiratorial.

The facts since Christmas, as I see them, is that we have a squad whose morale and confidence has been muted because despite giving it everything to succeed up to that point the message from up top is one of negativity. If they wanted to demonstrate that real desire to push on for the remainder of the season (actions speak louder than words and all that) it wouldn’t have let the squad become weakened on final transfer day.

Don’t be so cryptic KR if you’ve got something to say just say it or deal with it behind closed doors.

Scotchers I love your optimism on here but I think this time there is an underlying issue.

KR came out just before the new year and made a statement that the board needed to back him.

Now he did get Browne, Holland and Atkinson early in the window but lost Cadden

If that had remained the case I think things would have been acceptable especially as you claim we tried for Grigg but Sunderland wouldn’t play ball and the lad from Scotland(O Donnell?) didn’t want to move

Had we got them two the loss of Baptiste and Fosu wouldn’t look so bad

To lose them so late was really bad, now I’m not sure if that is the Boards fault or not but it has certainly made our chance to get promoted even harder.
Perhaps the deal for Fosu and Baptiste was mooted earlier in the window

We could do with some honest answers and as Blox21 says Tiger has been quiet for a while and I agree especially as we have played Newcastle at home and it showed the club in a really good light

Anyway I get the feeling that all is not well behind the scenes at the moment.

We are on a downer at the moment and more of the “constant” are struggling to remain optimistic. That is not to say we do not still turn up for games and rally support but it is just that little harder at the moment.

It doesn’t help when you can clearly see some discontent in the manager and between the players. That togetherness is being tested at the moment... right through the club.

This is when the team needs the fans the most. We have had some cracking support this year with support even when we have been behind/drawing with a few minutes to go (even with some grumblings from certain quarters). We need to keep this going.

Wins against Sunderland and AFC would really brighten things up and are achievable.

He’s quite political KR. A bit like a lower league Benitez. Likes a project and wants full support from the board.

Back
Top Bottom