Injury List

LeftSideBoy

Had a little look on the OUFC site a moment ago and came across this board which is in KR's training room office. Hard to overlook the impact of having players sidelined when it's put across in such a way. Granted, some are still featuring (albeit sparingly) but 12 players out injured for however long is pretty bad. However, I am pretty buzzing to see Jordan Graham training with us. Not so fussed about Nile Ranger...

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2018/november/injury-update/

Weird to name him as a "fit player" as he cannot currently play, same applied to Graham though.

Yeah, that's what confused me. Publishing something like this makes little sense to me because a) it further highlights our injury problems and b) creates a grey area with the whole Ranger situation. Strange.

Makes the official announcement this week a bit easier....

Bet he is in the match day squad Saturday.

Makes the official announcement this week a bit easier....

Bet he is in the match day squad Saturday.

I did think this was a way to soften his entry into the side (for those that care to look at these kinds of things). Not quite sure what reception he would get if he played for us and it goes against the whole 'family values' ethos that Tiger wants us to abide by but hey, score 20 goals and you can do what ya like sunshine!

It's to what extent are they injured and with 4 days before the game on Saturday, how many will have time to recover/be patched up.
Also from the list of U23's there is 5 players there that could fit into the squad for Saturday.
We will be there or there abouts, with an able squad for Saturday.

It's to what extent are they injured and with 4 days before the game on Saturday, how many will have time to recover/be patched up.
Also from the list of U23's there is 5 players there that could fit into the squad for Saturday.
We will be there or there abouts, with an able squad for Saturday.
I would definitely like to see Bradbury given some game time! Heard a lot of good things about him.

I would definitely like to see Bradbury given some game time! Heard a lot of good things about him.

In the few minutes he played las Tuesday, you could see he was a big lump, who wasn't going to get pushed around. Moved well.

In the few minutes he played las Tuesday, you could see he was a big lump, who wasn't going to get pushed around. Moved well.

6ft 3 and 13ish stone sounds like quite the lump to me! Hopefully he isn't used in the same way Obika was because lets face it, aside from him being shite, it just didn't work for us at all. We have pace to burn out wide so a sluggish front man seems a littttttle counterproductive.

Bradbury has pace —and grace.
Tall yes, but definitely not a “ sluggish lump”

He went around the Wycombe No2 ( best player on the night)with ease.

The player we could do with now is Canice Carroll. I've seen him play centre half and right back. I gather his favourite position was midfield. I think he played left mid at Millwall (A), he played centre forward at Wigan (A) last season.
A young, fit lad with a bit of experience, could literally play anywhere, likes to get stuck in but had a bit of quality. Was doing well on International duty so other managers rated him .... but Robbo got rid, why, oh why, a crazy decision and very poor judgement.

The player we could do with now is Canice Carroll. I've seen him play centre half and right back. I gather his favourite position was midfield. I think he played left mid at Millwall (A), he played centre forward at Wigan (A) last season.
A young, fit lad with a bit of experience, could literally play anywhere, likes to get stuck in but had a bit of quality. Was doing well on International duty so other managers rated him .... but Robbo got rid, why, oh why, a crazy decision and very poor judgement.

Of all the ex players Robinson got rid of, I don't think Canice would still be able to get into the team. I wouldn't say it is poor judgement either to get rid of a player who's attitude wasn't the most professional from what i've heard.

Back
Top Bottom