Injuries

As far as Maynard is concerned, I don’t really get this ‘he’ll only be able to last 10-15 minutes’ thing. Surely if he was really motivated to earn a contract somewhere he’d be busting a gut to get fit, even hiring a personal trainer if necessary. He might not be match fit but a 31 year old man should be able to get to a level of fitness where he can run around for 90 mins shouldn’t he..? Or am I being naive?

As far as Maynard is concerned, I don’t really get this ‘he’ll only be able to last 10-15 minutes’ thing. Surely if he was really motivated to earn a contract somewhere he’d be busting a gut to get fit, even hiring a personal trainer if necessary. He might not be match fit but a 31 year old man should be able to get to a level of fitness where he can run around for 90 mins shouldn’t he..? Or am I being naive?

Nope!

For the most part, it has been down to bad luck. However, when you have multiple injuries for similar positions that's when problems can occur. We all know about Hall's knee, Holmes has a persistent back injury, Mackie's not been fit from the outset and I've lost count of the amount of times Browne could 'only play 60 minutes this match'.

In our attack we've signed an array of new players, who are all at varying degrees of fitness. It can't be good for the team's attacking cohesion when the attack isn't a stable or consistent line-up. Ask KR what his strongest front 4 are and he could probably tell you. Getting them all on the same pitch at the same time? That's the tricky thing.

Every team has their “bad luck” injuries and injury prone players, that’s just the way football is and it should be accounted for by whoever is managing the team, it’s called putting together a squad. As we all know, there are a lot of impacting factors in squad building: Budget, time, relationships, location etc etc. Different Managers take varying levels of risk but a the end of the day the buck has to stop with them.

I roll my eyes at the Mackie injury but otherwise yes. Are you suggesting we doing something to cause increased injuries?

Yeah, sign players that are either in their twilight years or already known injuries or both. Hall, Mackie, Browne, McMahon, and I’m not sure re; Curruthers.

Yeah, sign players that are either in their twilight years or already known injuries or both. Hall, Mackie, Browne, McMahon, and I’m not sure re; Curruthers.
"Everyone at the club deserves a pat on the back".Really?

Isn't Browne injured because of some the challenges in games that have been largely unpunished? Rather than being a crock

Isn't Browne injured because of some the challenges in games that have been largely unpunished? Rather than being a crock

Just like Zaha.

Browne gets the ball, he gets chopped. Teams taking it in turns. Same with Holmes.

I know Browne said he takes it as a compliment, however some of the synical stuff is under punished

We don't know one way or the other, do we? It is true that he was carrying an injury when he came to us, but you'd hope it wasn't anything that would have lasted this length of time or been likely to repeat, unless we kept playing him with the injury which has meant it hasn't had time to heal properly. Who knows?

Can't we recall Napa - he was decent for us last season and surely gives us another attacking option.

We don't know one way or the other, do we? It is true that he was carrying an injury when he came to us, but you'd hope it wasn't anything that would have lasted this length of time or been likely to repeat, unless we kept playing him with the injury which has meant it hasn't had time to heal properly. Who knows?
Did Browne arrive here as a crock? No. Has he had he a patellar injury since playing, that has been exacerbated by hard pitches? Yeah. Hence the, he can only play a certain amount of minutes. No doubt not helped by Whyte going off on international duty and Holmes being out.

I understand it doesn't fit the "we only sign crocks" narrative, but no evidence from the crock crew has been presented to why Browne arrived as a damaged player either. Mackie is fairly obvious as a damaged player. Kind of disrespectful to Browne as well.

Was there due diligence over the fitness of our transfer targets. Ffs this is bloody ridiculous. A P**s poor match day shape 3-2-3-1 which doesn’t seem to work, when will the club learn.

Injuries bloody injuries it’s not great and yes I know these things happen in football but OUFC seem to be a magnet for injury prone players.....or is it the recruitment, if so who’s at fault?

3-2-3-1. Can't believe it's taking KR so long to spot the flaw in that system.

Sorry Bazzer, no offence ?

Mitchell, Shearer, Norman, Garbutt, dickie, Nelson, mousinho, raglan, long, mcmahon, hanson, Holmes, Ruffels, baptiste, Smith, Whyte, Henry, obika.

That's 18 and haven't included Brannagan.
Robinson said 15 outfield players. So I'm guessing he isn't counting McMahon .

Was there due diligence over the fitness of our transfer targets. Ffs this is bloody ridiculous. A P**s poor match day shape 3-2-3-1 which doesn’t seem to work, when will the club learn.

Injuries bloody injuries it’s not great and yes I know these things happen in football but OUFC seem to be a magnet for injury prone players.....or is it the recruitment, if so who’s at fault?

3-2-3-1? It's not only Robinson that can't count then

Back
Top Bottom