Injuries

Makes me wonder is training to intense? As out of all those injuries only Carruthers and Eastwoods was on matchday.

Makes me wonder is training to intense? As out of all those injuries only Carruthers and Eastwoods was on matchday.
I can't help thinking that pre-season was too intense - what was it four games in five days or something? It just struck me that far from preparing the players for the opening day, they were trying to kill them off. We were sluggish in the fitrst couple of games and quite a few players picked up strians, pulls and knocks more associated with fatigue than one would expect.

It certainly is McVicar & I get the feeling things are not right between Manager & Chairman - Saturday will be a very interesting day!

That only means one of the 18 named at Wycombe are missing (BRowne) with one of Hanson (suspension over?), McMahon (out of favour?), Bradbury (making his mark up front in U23s) or say Spasov from the youth team to replace him on the bench. Not sure who is excluding from his count of 'professionals'?

That only means one of the 18 named at Wycombe are missing (BRowne) with one of Hanson (suspension over?), McMahon (out of favour?) or say Spasov from the youth team to replace him on the bench. Not sure who is excluding from his count of 'professionals'?
Brannagan could well be out due to concussion rules? Hanson in for him.
We look light on the bench with Browne out.

I can't help thinking that pre-season was too intense - what was it four games in five days or something? It just struck me that far from preparing the players for the opening day, they were trying to kill them off. We were sluggish in the fitrst couple of games and quite a few players picked up strians, pulls and knocks more associated with fatigue than one would expect.

Browne and Mackie were barely here for preseason.
Browne hasn't been 100% since he arrived and was actually carrying an injury upon signing. So I imagine the risk factor of playing him has backfired.
Mackie, well he hasn't played more than 20 times in a season since 2014/15. And has had a number of injuries. Seemed a peculiar signing at the time.

Just so we have a secure foundation prior to discussion:

Pep Clotet, signs players he knows, some of whom are unfit and/or injury prone = managerial incompetent
Karl Robinson, signs players he knows, some of whom are unfit and/or injury prone = Scouse messiah

Hope I got that right...

• React
Reactions: Ian
Mitchell, Shearer, Norman, Garbutt, dickie, Nelson, mousinho, raglan, long, mcmahon, hanson, Holmes, Ruffels, baptiste, Smith, Whyte, Henry, obika.

That's 18 and haven't included Brannagan.

Not sure this is the worst news in the world. Brown is more of a blow than Mackie. Gives us a chance to play a more settled side for the next few weeks or even try a new formation?

4-3-3. Brannagan, Baptiste & Hanson as a theee.

And rotate the front three.

Without stating the obvious, if you bring in lots of players with a history of injury, you kind of have to expect injuries.

Maybe not all at the same time though.

Our summer recruitment was an absolute disaster.

Browne and Mackie were barely here for preseason.
Browne hasn't been 100% since he arrived and was actually carrying an injury upon signing. So I imagine the risk factor of playing him has backfired.
Mackie, well he hasn't played more than 20 times in a season since 2014/15. And has had a number of injuries. Seemed a peculiar signing at the time.
Mackie was at QPR with Derry. Say no more!!

Mitchell, Shearer, Norman, Garbutt, dickie, Nelson, mousinho, raglan, long, mcmahon, hanson, Holmes, Ruffels, baptiste, Smith, Whyte, Henry, obika.

Yes so by KR's calculations there are 3 other injuries or 3 he won't include for some reason. Raglan and McMahon are 2 I guess.

Hmm, so the options are: KR can't count, he doesn't know who is in his first team squad, there are three injuries he hasn't told us about, he has fallen out so badly with three of those eighteen that they won't even be on the bench or he is lining up his excuses early.
TBH - every single one of those worries me.

Back
Top Bottom