Injuries

Ox Mail report today adds McMahon and Brannigan to the injured list:

Gives us a potential line up of: Mitchell, Norman, Garbutt, Mous, Nelson, Baptiste, Hanson, Henry, Whyte, Holmes & Obika
with a bench of: Shearer, Long, Dickie, Raglan, Ruffles, Smith and one other.
Napa, Bradbury, Little & Noel-Williams are out on loan and KR has said he will not recall loanees, and Lopes is on injured list
So that leaves forwards Spasov (who played in Checkatrade) or Owen James; or midfielders Hopkins (who I think is back from his loan) and Heap as next most experienced.
My guess would be Spasov or Hopkins to get the nod

Its not down to due diligence. so it was a calculated risk they wouldnt recur.

We needed a cheap striker, we took a risk with Mackie.
If what you say you i
3-2-3-1. Can't believe it's taking KR so long to spot the flaw in that system.

Sorry Bazzer, no offence ?

Fare cop mate, been up in the lakes and it’s a crap signal should have been 4-2-3-1

3-2-3-1? It's not only Robinson that can't count then

Alright, alright, alright. Gobby ? as explained been in the Lake District and the signal is crap, now sat in Harry Ramsden’s in Keele services and email’s and messages and everything else that comes through when you get a signal??

Just outside in Flookburgh 30 miles from Wind(y)mere town

Lovely. Know it and the surrounding area well as my old man was born in Millom, on the other side of Barrow and the Duddon Estuary.

If you didn't, and are still there or go again, go up the Duddon Valley. Quieter than a lot of areas, tourist wise, but absolutely stunning. Go swimming in the Duddon at Devil's Bridge and it also has a lovely hidden gem of an old Slate mine (at the top of Broughton Mills) where you can go in the entrance from 1800s with original graffiti etc which is free. The other bonus is you can then carry on to go over Hardknott Pass (superb remains of a Roman Fort on the Pass) into Eskdale or go down Wrynose Pass into the Langdales and onto Ambleside.

If going the other way into the Duddon Valley, grab something to eat in Broughton in Furness as my old man stays there when visiting and the restaurants are good. It also has the benefit of a proper drinking pub in the village with the landlords/locals friendly as well.

Last edited:
We don't know one way or the other, do we? It is true that he was carrying an injury when he came to us, but you'd hope it wasn't anything that would have lasted this length of time or been likely to repeat, unless we kept playing him with the injury which has meant it hasn't had time to heal properly. Who knows?
According to KR it is not the knee that was being managed and similarlyto with Mackie's hip which could be down to strain put on good side to compensate or bad fouling as much

According to KR it is not the knee that was being managed and similarlyto with Mackie's hip which could be down to strain put on good side to compensate or bad fouling as much
Browne came here after 8 months out with recurring tendonitis of the knee which needs to be managed. If it is now a problem with the other knee that in itself is a concern.
Mackie is just an injury waiting to happen! Carruthers has also been out before with knee ligament problems.

Ox Mail report today adds McMahon and Brannigan to the injured list:

Gives us a potential line up of: Mitchell, Norman, Garbutt, Mous, Nelson, Baptiste, Hanson, Henry, Whyte, Holmes & Obika
with a bench of: Shearer, Long, Dickie, Raglan, Ruffles, Smith and one other.
Napa, Bradbury, Little & Noel-Williams are out on loan and KR has said he will not recall loanees, and Lopes is on injured list
So that leaves forwards Spasov (who played in Checkatrade) or Owen James; or midfielders Hopkins (who I think is back from his loan) and Heap as next most experienced.
My guess would be Spasov or Hopkins to get the nod

Register Derry? Could be useful if the Man City match goes to pens ?

Isn't Browne injured because of some the challenges in games that have been largely unpunished? Rather than being a crock

He came to the club with a known knee injury and it appears that we’re managing him through that process, hence why it’s hit or miss as the whether he can play or how many minutes we can get from him.

Just like Zaha.

Browne gets the ball, he gets chopped. Teams taking it in turns. Same with Holmes.

I know Browne said he takes it as a compliment, however some of the synical stuff is under punished

Oh yeah, I forgot to add Holmes to that list!

Lovely. Know it and the surrounding area well as my old man was born in Millom, on the other side of Barrow and the Duddon Estuary.

If you didn't, and are still there or go again, go up the Duddon Valley. Quieter than a lot of areas, tourist wise, but absolutely stunning. Go swimming in the Duddon at Devil's Bridge and it also has a lovely hidden gem of an old Slate mine (at the top of Broughton Mills) where you can go in the entrance from 1800s with original graffiti etc which is free. The other bonus is you can then carry on to go over Hardknott Pass (superb remains of a Roman Fort on the Pass) into Eskdale or go down Wrynose Pass into the Langdales and onto Ambleside.

If going the other way into the Duddon Valley, grab something to eat in Broughton in Furness as my old man stays there when visiting and the restaurants are good. It also has the benefit of a proper drinking pub in the village with the landlords/locals friendly as well.

Cheers mate next year we’re going again, only had 3 days the weather was atrocious yesterday but Tuesday did the chuff chuff from Haverthwaite to Lakeland and then the boat up to Bowness and that was that obviously went back there in the car and up to Wind(y)mere the Wife’s former area manager has the post office there so had a decent time with them and also took in Ambersid, But so much to see and photo we are going next May/June from r a bit longer so will have a look at Duddon Valley.
Once again Cheers mate........oh and yes there was the usual 8 vehicle pile up on the M6

Well, as things stand at the moment, at least it doesn’t look like there’ll be much danger of any us losing any of our loanees through recalls. All the anxiety that we’d lose them in January through their eye catching performances and there’s more danger that it’ll be Shandon who departs if anybody!

Now that Caruthers, Brannigan and Mackie are back hopefully, who apart from Eastwood and Hall are still injured?

Back
Top Bottom