Injured players

Who’s still out, that could return this season?
Pekalski, Hall, Rothwell, anyone else.

FFS! Pekalski's so injury prone, his arms, torso and legs have fell off!!

1517944374622.png

Hall return was due Saturday now delayed 2 weeks after fluid from Burst Cyst on top if his knee has got inside his knee.

Makes Brannagan being in the side very important for Saturday. Without Brannagan or Rothwell we'll have no creative outlet.

At a guess, 10 days of intense rehab, back in light training after that and full training the week after. 3 to 4 weeks if all goes well...

How many serious injuries have we had? are we over-training?
It'll be a case of under training if anything. If the intensity of training isn't high enough then injuries in games are more likely because players muscles will fatiuge and weaken quicker.

• React
Reactions: Ian
How many serious injuries have we had? are we over-training?
It'll be a case of under training if anything. If the intensity of training isn't high enough then injuries in games are more likely because players muscles will fatiuge and weaken quicker.

Yep, that seems to be what was reported about the Pep reign. Sessions were too light and infrequent.

Yep, that seems to be what was reported about the Pep reign. Sessions were too light and infrequent.

Not disagreeing, hadn't heard about that, but haven't we scored a fair few late goals in tight games this year? Suggesting we were in better shape than our opponents? Donny and Charlton off the top of my head.

Not disagreeing, hadn't heard about that, but haven't we scored a fair few late goals in tight games this year? Suggesting we were in better shape than our opponents? Donny and Charlton off the top of my head.

We also concede a lot in the first 30mins

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 14.25.22.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 14.25.22.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 7

Yes you’re right (as the subsequent graph above suggests).

The point about light and infrequent sessions was made by Radio Oxford in the manager’s special they aired in the hour before the Checkatrade game against Chelsea. Apparently it was common knowledge and that the backroom staff and the players weren’t exactly enamoured with the lower intensity.

Bloody hell, that BBC managerial special pre-Chelsea was a long time ago now! The discussion amongst the panel at that point was about who Pep’s likely long-term successor was to be. Thank god we’re no longer in that position, eh?

Yes you’re right (as the subsequent graph above suggests).

The point about light and infrequent sessions was made by Radio Oxford in the manager’s special they aired in the hour before the Checkatrade game against Chelsea. Apparently it was common knowledge and that the backroom staff and the players weren’t exactly enamoured with the lower intensity.

Bloody hell, that BBC managerial special pre-Chelsea was a long time ago now! The discussion amongst the panel at that point was about who Pep’s likely long-term successor was to be. Thank god we’re no longer in that position, eh?

Don’t get me wrong I’m trying to forget the Pep reign as quickly as possible but there is something professional players can do... Take the initiative and work on their own strength and conditioning.

I know it’s not a completely fair comparison but if you look at the likes of Wilkinson in rugby or Beckham and even Maguire they all continued training long after sessions were over and not just their set pieces.

Definitely agree though, the players don’t look physically up to the rigours or the sport as a result.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Don’t get me wrong I’m trying to forget the Pep reign as quickly as possible but there is something professional players can do... Take the initiative and work on their own strength and conditioning.

I know it’s not a completely fair comparison but if you look at the likes of Wilkinson in rugby or Beckham and even Maguire they all continued training long after sessions were over and not just their set pieces.

Definitely agree though, the players don’t look physically up to the rigours or the sport as a result.

Back
Top Bottom