Injured players having to leave the field even when opposition player is booked...

lerekdilley

I noted that this has happened with Kane, Rothwell and Brannagan during the last 2 games and I was of the understanding that if the the fouling player had been booked then the injured player didn’t have to leave the field after receiving treatment.

I asked former Premier League Referee Mark Halsey to clarify the rule. He said the rule is that if the booking process is complete whilst the player is still receiving treatment then the player still has to leave the field. Which he disagrees with and said referees should hold of cautioning the player until treatment has stopped.

Seems a stupid rule to me as the Yellows always seem to be shown before the Physio is even on!!

At EFL level lets not forget a certain Shaun Harvey has a say.... think we all know how much he likes to tweak, tinker with and change things after rules n regs hasve been announced.o_O

Given the competence levels for match officials continuing to plummet season after season, and so called assistant referees failing to assist game after game, they probably make things up to suit themselves ?:cautious:

At EFL level lets not forget a certain Shaun Harvey has a say.... think we all know how much he likes to tweak, tinker with and change things after rules n regs hasve been announced.o_O

Given the competence levels for match officials continuing to plummet season after season, and so called assistant referees failing to assist game after game, they probably make things up to suit themselves ?:cautious:

Yes, I’m sure this wasn’t how the rule was originally interpreted and have seen games where players haven’t had to leave the field. The standard of officiating is definitely dropping each year. I’d hate to see what the Conference refs are like these days!!

Yes, I’m sure this wasn’t how the rule was originally interpreted and have seen games where players haven’t had to leave the field. The standard of officiating is definitely dropping each year. I’d hate to see what the Conference refs are like these days!!
could always enquire via Leyton Orient...theyll have a good idea what its like in that 'poxy league' ( copyright old chippy) :D

Back
Top Bottom