Chairman Takeover now Old Car Chat

Unless we move their wouldn't be any chance of redevelopment on the kass though ? Surely OCC would need to be involved somewhere for that reason. And it would be/ could be a great asset

Well the kassam can only be used for sports use unless we have found a new ground and the city council give planning on the land. Lots of projects are becoming joint ventures between 2 councils. Vale and South Oxfordshire are with alot to do with Didcot garden Town.

But as the kassam is was that sale going to be linked do both councils needing to be involved?
Surely if something is going to be built in am area of binging to one authority surely another authority can't have a say? Or put it another way you are buying a deepened shag pile carpet and your neighbour says no you should have the green hard pile carpet .

Well the kassam can only be used for sports use unless we have found a new ground and the city council give planning on the land. Lots of projects are becoming joint ventures between 2 councils. Vale and South Oxfordshire are with alot to do with Didcot garden Town.
The reason the Vale of where horse and the South Oxfordshire District Council have joined forces are because they're both now run by rhe Libdems but if Oxfordshire County Council got the 5 councils under one authority then it wouldn't or at least shouldn't be a problem

The reason the Vale of where horse and the South Oxfordshire District Council have joined forces are because they're both now run by rhe Libdems but if Oxfordshire County Council got the 5 councils under one authority then it wouldn't or at least shouldn't be a problem
County Council - District Council - Parish Council.

Look them up @bazzer9461 There are very distinct differences between them and what authority they have to conduct their business.

And, just to help you out and because I'm enjoying my first glass of the red stuff, here's a helping hand:

Local Government structure

County Council - District Council - Parish Council.

Look them up @bazzer9461 There are very distinct differences between them and what authority they have to conduct their business.

And, just to help you out and because I'm enjoying my first glass of the red stuff, here's a helping hand:

Local Government structure
Manor I do understand, Parish council have no authority but talk about local issues at monthly meetings of which I have attended on occasion, 75% of the time they're attended by someone from District Council and on approx8 15% of the time a county councillor will attend. District councils can cooperate but its normally a case ( no not a case like yours, Burgundy) prid quo we will do that but you will do this for us and the County Council is can recommend, veto or whatever, but no District Council can just fo and say to another council you will allow this.

Manor I do understand, Parish council have no authority but talk about local issues at monthly meetings of which I have attended on occasion, 75% of the time they're attended by someone from District Council and on approx8 15% of the time a county councillor will attend. District councils can cooperate but its normally a case ( no not a case like yours, Burgundy) prid quo we will do that but you will do this for us and the County Council is can recommend, veto or whatever, but no District Council can just fo and say to another council you will allow this.

Maybe Cherwell district council have started to come around to the idea that a stadium will be benefit to them not just oxford city especially if it means this will increase their coffers to spend on their area.

Good. I had the vision of you battering down doors demanding to know why things weren't being done in a manner of which you approved!

Cherwell District adopted a 'Local Plan' sometime ago which lays out quite clearly the objectives they have in mind. They include community sports facilities and quite a bit of transport improvements all around the railway station at Oxford Parkway. New roads, footpaths and access to Kidlington. (think Stratfield Brake and Kidlington Garden Village) Whilst that is not set in stone, it does mean that planners have an idea of what they would/will like to see. The co-operation between Oxford City and Cherwell District is clear. They have to provide a number of houses and infrastructure to meet Oxfordshire and central government directives. The local plans are there to both facilitate and direct development. I remain optimistic and treat this latest "news" as no more than someone being a mischief maker. I have emailed the councillor in question and requested a response - we will see if that is forthcoming.

Sounds like Robbo was told to keep his mouth shut this time!

I would have thought the Water Eaton site would have been muck more likely because:-

It is larger
It has a large car park which could be made larger
next to Railway station
Next to park and ride

So didn’t say we’re still in for promotion for this season when Pete (last question) made reference to building in the summer for next season’s promotion! Basically just thanked him and said we are where our budget is e.g. not in the top 6, so I guess we have a budget for 12th?

said we are where our budget is e.g. not in the top 6, so I guess we have a budget for 12th?
Higher. Plus 4th in the division for agent fees (just under £300,000). Plus three separate fees paid out for Cooper, Clare and McNally while most clubs in L1 weren’t paying fees at all, and in some cases struggled to even keep hold of what they had due to the cap.

We’re nowhere near 12th when you add it all together. He can claim what he likes.

Higher. Plus 4th in the division for agent fees (just under £300,000). Plus three separate fees paid out for Cooper, Clare and McNally while most clubs in L1 weren’t paying fees at all, and in some cases struggled to even keep hold of what they had due to the cap.

We’re nowhere near 12th when you add it all together. He can claim what he likes.
The agent thing backs up what you say, but in that case why do we keep apparently missing out on targets and signing crocks who are presumably cheap, rather than just paying the going rate for good players? Is it just Robinson trying to be clever?

The agent thing backs up what you say, but in that case why do we keep apparently missing out on targets and signing crocks who are presumably cheap, rather than just paying the going rate for good players? Is it just Robinson trying to be clever?

Don't think Winnall is cheap, or McGuane, or Shodipo, or Kelly etc.

Back
Top Bottom