Chairman Takeover now Old Car Chat

Disagree, there are several other clubs out there who are punching below there weight with decent fan bases and good potential fan bases, not northern ****holes, where a new ground / investment could revitalise them. Plymouth, Bristol Rovers, Exeter, Portsmouth etc, .

Charlie used to give the example of Brighton as a club with a big catchment area in the South East, big potential. and look where they are now.
But I'm sure they know what is likely to 'sells' in Asia football wise.

If we'd had the Plymouth AZ vaccine, the Bristol AZ vaccine , Exeter AZ vaccine, Portsmouth AZ vaccine etc, I don't think the City of origin would have been pushed so much.

I know it's hard to get your head round (well it is for me 😁) but there is more to Oxford than OUFC.

Is that what we want? To be 'sold in Asia'?

Pragmatically: yes.

It's the paradox of football for me.

Obviously we want our team to do well; play good football at the highest level possible. Money clearly gives you a huge advantage in achieving this.

And yet we spend much of our time complaining of how money is ruining or has ruined the game.

And we've all heard it said, after someone has hit the heights and then crashed and burned, "I didn't hear their supporters complaining when...etc".

We wouldn't be complaining either.

But I'm sure they know what is likely to 'sells' in Asia football wise.

If we'd had the Plymouth AZ vaccine, the Bristol AZ vaccine , Exeter AZ vaccine, Portsmouth AZ vaccine etc, I don't think the City of origin would have been pushed so much.

I know it's hard to get your head round (well it is for me 😁) but there is more to Oxford than OUFC.
hmm, but some of the first big Thai investments into UK football were Manchester City with Pairoj etc, and Leicester. I don't know anything that Leicester is internationally renowned for. So they picked bigger clubs to start with.

Whereas would you argue that Cambridge should "sell" on the same basis as being a famous University ?

hmm, but some of the first big Thai investments into UK football were Manchester City with Pairoj etc, and Leicester. I don't know anything that Leicester is internationally renowned for. So they picked bigger clubs to start with.

Whereas would you argue that Cambridge should "sell" on the same basis as being a famous University ?
Apparently Red Leicester cheese is huge in Asia, that is what the club was sold on.

Disagree, there are several other clubs out there who are punching below there weight with decent fan bases and good potential fan bases, not northern ****holes, where a new ground / investment could revitalise them. Plymouth, Bristol Rovers, Exeter, Portsmouth etc, .

Charlie used to give the example of Brighton as a club with a big catchment area in the South East, big potential. and look where they are now.
Isn’t that exactly the point though? Agree completely that Plymouth, Exeter, Portsmouth etc have potential. You could probably make an argument that some of them have more potential in terms of long term fanbase growth than we do. The ‘Oxford’ brand is at least as attractive (and valuable) as the football potential in my view. Not entirely sure how I feel about that, but I suspect it’s the difference between getting a decent stadium that we own, playing in a higher league and having a bit of fun rather than rather than making a loss, having our best players sold just as they blossom and being handcuffed to Firoz f*****g Kassam.

Oxford (c. 11000) has over x3 as many international under graduate students each year than Cambridge (c. 3100) so is far better known outside the UK.

Oxford had it's first overseas student (Emo of Friesland in 1190) 20 years before Cambridge Uni even started!

So when is an official announcement going to be released? Its like waiting for Christmas when you're a kid but no actual date set. 🙄

Yes and they shelled out major money for them. Some investors think growing their own could be more cost effective. And if you are going to do that you need to look for other advantages e.g a world renowned name.

Is that what we want? To be 'sold in Asia'?
I want to be back at the Manor but I ain't gonna get it.

If you want investors expect those investors to want a return.

Back
Top Bottom