Chairman Takeover now Old Car Chat

Could be quite a pre-season tour especially for our Manager who doesn't like flying.
Oo oo yes please. It's only a 5.5 hr flight from here. (A bit like when i lived in Dundee and my "home" games were at Carlisle (3.5 hr drive)).

Could be quite a pre-season tour especially for our Manager who doesn't like flying.
He could manage the team by telephone like at the weekend!

For a new stadium and top 30 budget I'm sure he would find a way to get by!

Tiger's on the five minute fans forum this week according to Jerome on Radio Oxford just before kick off. Tiger said a couple of weeks ago that he'd go on that show and tell us personally when there was stadium news, maybe this is that time?

At the very least I hope we get straight answers from him and not politician answers.

Tiger's on the five minute fans forum this week according to Jerome on Radio Oxford just before kick off. Tiger said a couple of weeks ago that he'd go on that show and tell us personally when there was stadium news, maybe this is that time?

At the very least I hope we get straight answers from him and not politician answers.
Question: Good Evening Tiger. Fred, a fan, asks can you give an update on the stadium issue and the potential of an Indonesian takeover.

Tiger Answer: Yes, a good question. I am pleased to tell you the weather in Bangkok is beautiful today and we encourage everyone in Oxford to really support us over the next 5 games and we will provide an update soon on both the latest weather and the opening times of the shop and anything else important to the fans.

If there is stadium news, it won’t be revealed in a niche five minutes fans forum. Unless it’s part of a big launch announcement today or tomorrow, I wouldn’t get your hopes up on anything significant being said in the phone-in.

And with regard to politicians’s answers, that’s EXACTLY what I would hope and expect from our club hierarchy in the public domain. A planning application of this nature is an incredibly complex, sensitive and, yes, political venture, so the club should absolutely be keeping its powder dry publicly until everything is in place with all the relevant partners.

Like every other fan, I’d love news. But I’d rather wait until the time is right, rather than risk jeopardising it for the sake of a five minute Q&A on Radio Oxford!

Question: Good Evening Tiger. Fred, a fan, asks can you give an update on the stadium issue and the potential of an Indonesian takeover.

Tiger Answer: Yes, a good question. I am pleased to tell you the weather in Bangkok is beautiful today and we encourage everyone in Oxford to really support us over the next 5 games and we will provide an update soon on both the latest weather and the opening times of the shop and anything else important to the fans.
I don’t think he’ll tell us that much 🀣

Let's see if Tiger does infact do the 5 minutes fan forum this week. He was meant to be on last week and dropped out and let Robbo answer the difficult questions.

Let's see if Tiger does infact do the 5 minutes fan forum this week. He was meant to be on last week and dropped out and let Robbo answer the difficult questions.

We might see Jamie Hanson replacing Tiger potentially. It’s not his usual position at the club, but he needs to cover a number of different options given the wages he’s on.

Jerome: Welcome to tonight’s 5 minute fans forum. We have a last minute change of personnel tonight. Instead of Tiger, who was scheduled to field your questions, I am pleased to welcome, for the first time (dry ice and drum roll) Mr Erik Thohir! πŸ‘ŠπŸ’₯πŸ‘ŠπŸ’₯

Jerome: Welcome to tonight’s 5 minute fans forum. We have a last minute change of personnel tonight. Instead of Tiger, who was scheduled to field your questions, I am pleased to welcome, for the first time (dry ice and drum roll) Mr Erik Thohir! πŸ‘ŠπŸ’₯πŸ‘ŠπŸ’₯

Can he speak fluent English though? All his twitter is posted in Indonesian.

I think you will find that we are a million miles from any "Planning Application" - anyway as soon as anything is 'lodged' it is in the public domain.

Message from OxVox, for those who aren't members:​

Takeover

The club have said nothing more with regards to the potential takeover. We have spoken to everyone we have access to, including Tiger. Despite our frequent requests we have yet to have any access to the other members of the board, however, following a meeting on Wednesday (see below) we have been assured that the matter will be addressed. As they are board members it is a little disappointing not to hear more from them, but as bidders and potential owners we feel it is imperative supporters have the access to put our questions to them. We fully respect the confidentiality of the details of any negotiations, but an appropriate degree of communication and transparency is important in offering supporters confidence and an appreciation of the vision for our football club and stadium. As things stand it remains clear that conversations are ongoing and the little we do know on them will remain confidential, but all parties are working together to progress the club and it seems likely that all will still be around to continue that next season. As soon as we have any more information we will report back to members.

I hope it happens personally, I think the Indonesian's have the potential to establish us as a Championship club.

I don't think a new stadium will ever happen regardless of who is in charge as I don't think planning will be granted as none of the local authorities will be supportive. I'd expect a planning committee to say a new stadium was built only 20 years ago so why is another one needed already? It's not the councils fault there's a strained relationship between the club and Firoka.

Just a thought would the takeover or buyout of Tigers shares depend which division we play in?

If we did get promotion would the value of the shares go up
This could be why there is a delay or am I overthinking this

Correct Aldo - Tiger will want more if (very big if) we find ourselves getting promoted.

Back
Top Bottom