Chairman Takeover now Old Car Chat

I would think that we are around 8th in the budget league?
My guess would be
Sunderland
Hull
Pompey
Ipswich
Charlton
Peterborough

Then Blackpool, Oxford, Doncaster, Lincoln, Fleetwood ( those last 5 no idea which order)?

Don't think Winnall is cheap, or McGuane, or Shodipo, or Kelly etc.
Winnall wouldn't be. But the other 3? As loanees I guess that it depends on how much the club that own the players pay towards their salaries.

Winnall wouldn't be. But the other 3? As loanees I guess that it depends on how much the club that own the players pay towards their salaries.

I suspect their wages are pretty decent to begin with and whilst we won't be paying all we'll be paying a chunk. Likewise we'll be paying a good chunk for Barker imo.

I suspect their wages are pretty decent to begin with and whilst we won't be paying all we'll be paying a chunk. Likewise we'll be paying a good chunk for Barker imo.
Barker yes.
Shodipo I would guess wouldn't be particularly expensive but who knows?

We often hear something like ‘if we can get him fit he’ll be the best in the league’. But I’m not sure it ever works.

Barker yes.
Shodipo I would guess wouldn't be particularly expensive but who knows?

He was a squad player with a long term Championship team (according to Wiki made 12 Lg last year and had made 1 this season) so only guesswork but I reckon he will still be on good money for Lg 1.

Love the way these Agents fees now keep being used as a stick to beat the Manager with but think for a moment if we are said to be 4th highest on Agents fees with the players we have then what would they have been with the Big Players that everyone so desperately craves and how are we meant to afford it?

Could do a lot worse than Granada's stadium (with a roof).

Loved the bit on the fans forum this afternoon where a fan questioned we had no plan B, no other formation to play etc etc...

KR immediately responded saying ‘I think you’ve been playing too much football manager on the computer!’

Talk about chucking a fan under the bus Karl... 😉

Thing is Karl is talking absolutely rubbish, Sunderland tinker their squad, formation depending on the opponent so they aren't one dimensional as he claimed.

Thing is Karl is talking absolutely rubbish, Sunderland tinker their squad, formation depending on the opponent so they aren't one dimensional as he claimed.

Completely agree. I hadn’t listened to 5 min forum for quite some time, but thought Karl seemed quite bored and fed up to be there with his blunt yes/no replies.

Loved the bit on the fans forum this afternoon where a fan questioned we had no plan B, no other formation to play etc etc...

KR immediately responded saying ‘I think you’ve been playing too much football manager on the computer!’

Talk about chucking a fan under the bus Karl... 😉

Tbf, he responded in a similar fashion to the question imo.

think he knows more than you do though.

think he knows more than you do though.

Difference is he getting paid big bucks to be a football manager and I'm not! I'm just pointing out his comment that Sunderland do not change shape or tactics is false.

Difference is he getting paid big bucks to be a football manager and I'm not! I'm just pointing out his comment that Sunderland do not change shape or tactics is false.
do you watch sunderland then?

do you watch sunderland then?

No but my mate is a season ticket holder and he laughed when he heard Karl on the radio earlier, I'm sure he knows more then Karl does about how his team play.

Back
Top Bottom