Indicative vote - What would you vote for?

What would you vote for?

• Labour’s alternative plan (K)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Contingent preferential arrangements (O)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
If you have ONE choice, what would you pick? Post your reasons why.

No Deal (B) – John Baron (Conservative)
Agrees to leave the EU on 12 April without a deal.

Common market 2.0 (D) – Nick Boles (Conservative)
Government joins the European Economic Area (EEA) through the European Free Trade Association (EFTA), and negotiates a temporary customs union until alternative arrangements can be found.

EFTA and EEA (H) – George Eustice (Conservative)
Remains in the European Economic Area (EEA), and applies to re-join the European Free Trade Association (EFTA).
Declines to form a customs union but seeks “agreement on new protocols relating to the Northern Ireland border and agri-food trade”.

Customs union (J) – Ken Clarke (Conservative)
Enshrine the objective to form a customs union in primary legislation.

Labour’s alternative plan (K) – Jeremy Corbyn
Negotiate changes to the withdrawal agreement and the political declaration to secure Labour’s position, and pass these objectives into law.

Revocation to avoid no deal (L) – Joanna Cherry (SNP)
If the Withdrawal (Agreement) Bill has not been passed before exit day, the government will ask MPs to approve no deal. If this does not pass, the government will revoke Article 50.

Confirmatory public vote (M) – Margaret Beckett (Labour)
Government cannot implement or ratify the withdrawal agreement and the political declaration unless and until they have been approved in a referendum.

Contingent preferential arrangements (O) – Marcus Fysh (Conservative)
Malthouse Plan B: The UK makes its budgetary contributions to the EU to the end of 2020 and agrees with the EU a period of two years in which UK goods have full access to the EU.

Last edited:
I'd have to read up on some of those options in order to make an informed decision.

Resolves the Irish issue, exits EU Fisheries policies, restriction applied to free movement, EEA membership and we can say No to what we don`t like. Trade continues, reduced contribution, security & information sharing.

Its a sensible middle ground and more like what we voted for when we joined!!

I'd have to read up on some of those options in order to make an informed decision.
Yes, the snippet i included does not go into much.

I assume the MP's have had chance to read up on the possible options before now?

Resolves the Irish issue, exits EU Fisheries policies, restriction applied to free movement, EEA membership and we can say No to what we don`t like. Trade continues, reduced contribution, security & information sharing.

Its a sensible middle ground and more like what we voted for when we joined!!
How about negotiation of our own trade deals?

Small point ESB, but option L isn't straight revocation of A50 as described in the actual poll so comes across as misleading. It is actually a straight vote between a WTO Brexit and revoking A50, ruling out anything in between.

Small point ESB, but option L isn't straight revocation of A50 as described in the actual poll so comes across as misleading. It is actually a straight vote between a WTO Brexit and revoking A50, ruling out anything in between.
Ok, that's the spiel from the BBC.

Early days in this poll, but interesting that nearly 50% of voters in the poll on the main Brexit thread were in favour of no deal. So far, under 20% on this thread are 'no dealers'. As I say, very early days, but I wonder if people have realised that 'no deal' could be economically bad for the UK, and a rush to simply 'get out under any circumstances' might not be the way to go?
Only 12 votes

when does the house of commons mps vote on the options?

It’s interesting to me really, that 7 of them options are basically Remain in one way or another, and only one is a genuine Leave. That’s how I see it!

It’s interesting to me really, that 7 of them options are basically Remain in one way or another, and only one is a genuine Leave. That’s how I see it!

The question on the referendum was:

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

So every option other than K or L (probably) achieves us leaving the EU, and therefore delivers on the result of that referendum.

If they wanted to get a better idea of what exactly the people of Britain wanted from Brexit, they should have asked a better question or set of questions!

• React
Reactions: m
I get what your saying Tony, it’s obvious the two main reasons for people voting to leave, were being fed up of being bullied by Brussels and the other was to end the free movement of people. They were the two smoking guns, and why people want to get out.

I get what your saying Tony, it’s obvious the two main reasons for people voting to leave, were being fed up of being bullied by Brussels and the other was to end the free movement of people. They were the two smoking guns, and why people want to get out.

Sure, but the other side would argue that it's equally obvious that leave voters didn't want a return to a hard border with Ireland, and didn't want all their fruits and veggies to become subject to tariffs (each of which are likely consequences of a No Deal Brexit).

If the Remain/Leave campaign had been run in a fair and honest fashion (by either side) and voters had been clearly told that a No Deal Brexit achieves separation from Brussels and ends free movement, but comes at the cost of a border with Ireland and tariffs on all imports/exports with the EU - then it would be reasonable to state that a No Deal Brexit was the will of the people.

But it wasn't and they weren't, and therefore we have the current chaos.

Well that all got blown out of the water and we are no better off after they fudged another day.

Should lock them in the chamber with no food,water or phones and see what the result is after a week. ?(y)

Back
Top Bottom