International News India - Covid - The EU

Does that mean they are not already doing something?

Yes they are "standing in solidarity" as that will help.

And tweeting about it according to Reuters.......... that will help too.

"Alarmed by the epidemiological situation in India. We are ready to support," Commission President Ursula von der Leyen wrote on Twitter on Sunday.

"The EU executive is already coordinating with EU countries that are ready to provide urgently needed oxygen & medicine rapidly," European Commission for humanitarian aid Janez Lenarcic wrote on Twitter.

Lethargic, slow............. just like the vaccine procurement and roll out.

Meanwhile the UK is actually sending equipment.....

So....not one single EU country is doing anything to help India.

Are you completely sure about that?

Just highlighting the "Oh lets have a meeting and then decide what we are going to do"............... lethargic, slow, unresponsive and dare I say not agile enough to be modern.
Same as the vaccine procurement - they are now talking about suing AZ for not supplying the vaccine they spent weeks saying they weren`t going to use!

Just highlighting the "Oh lets have a meeting and then decide what we are going to do"............... lethargic, slow, unresponsive and dare I say not agile enough to be modern.
Same as the vaccine procurement - they are now talking about suing AZ for not supplying the vaccine they spent weeks saying they weren`t going to use!

And for context............ while they were tweeting....

"The first consignment of aid left the UK on Sunday and is due to arrive in India on Tuesday. Further shipments will take place later in the week."

And how do you know that EU countries aren't already doing this? Maybe we were slower on the uptake!

India in a pile of trouble.
UK & US sending aid alongside others.

The EU are having a meeting to decide on the 8th May..........

Come along all you Remainers............. justify that as thousands die......
Just a guess, but it might be that not every 'Remainer' agrees with everything every EU member does, or feels the need to justify it.

Emergency mission to be approved immediately, 23 systems for generating oxygen on way from Germany to Delhi (announced last Friday in fact).
I'm sure other countries will be doing the same of their own volition, if I could be arsed to check or translate...

Shame they didn't JFDI for red listing India, or closing borders, or being too late around Christmas locking down, or for countless other things that should have come under JFDI...

This government has moved at a glacial pace for over a year now...

Measured and reasonable........ measured and reasonable and guided by the science.

It`s not a two way street. :)

Measured and reasonable........ measured and reasonable and guided by the science.

It`s not a two way street. :)
It's the way you tell them 😂 😂

FirstResponsibleArchaeocete-size_restricted.gif

UK & US sending aid alongside others.
Last Friday over on the Boris Johnson - PM thread I was questioning why the wonderful Mr Dyson wasn't already doing this. So not really a case of JFDI if a poster on the political section of a league two football team's supporters web site is ahead them on this.

Back
Top Bottom