Transfer News incoming ooc player ?

A decent run out. Only player aside from Baptiste, Agyei, Karacan and Hall that looked decent was Nico Jones.

The other trialist was Malik Dijksteel:

Was Dijksteel No.10? Definitely worth another look. And if it was the 10 then he isn't a defender but a midfielder who looked to get forward.

Watched the game as well.

Wasn't impressed with Karacan at all. Maybe he hasn't had a proper pre-season but he was ineffectual for me and I have seen him play for Central Coast Mariners in A-League on TV and he didn't impress me then either.

Agyei needs to score a goal to get going as he missed some good chances but played right will have an impact. Based only on that Zamouri won't trouble the 1st team, with ball technically good but little end product and a bit slow. Thought Robbie Hall was poor overall and KR wasn't impressed with his freekicks based on his comments! Thought Loftouse had a decent game, certainly in the 1st half and Berkoe had a decent 1st half as well.

Should have been comfortably ahead before they scored with the chances we missed in the 1st half. Apart from Jack Stevens stopping a near own goal, they scored with their only 2 shots in the 1st half and Jack Stevens stood no chance on either. A good/clinical finish for their 1st and poor defending for the 2nd goal from a free kick; on the free kick, personally think Sam Long was unlucky for it to be given against him as the forward kick him after shoving his elbow into Long's neck.

Karl Robinson and Chrissy Allen clearly weren't happy at half time.

2nd half we missed good chances again and their keeper deserves some praise for his saves as well. Sam Long took his goal from the corner well. Bad defending for the 3rd from a corner when we were on top as the marking was again not good and not sure on the keeping. 4th goal was a well taken free kick but not sure on the placement on the wall.

Overall, the team had some good moments but some shockers as well and the team play didn't seem cohesive for chunks of the game which with trialists doesn't seem a surprise. Have to give Wimbledon credit for being clinical whereas we weren't.

Last edited:
Was Dijksteel No.10? Definitely worth another look. And if it was the 10 then he isn't a defender but a midfielder who looked to get forward.

Wasn't impressed with Karacan at all. Maybe he hasn't had a proper pre-season but he was ineffectual for me and I have seen him play for Central Coast Mariners in A-League on TV and he didn't impress me then either.

Agyei needs to score a goal to get going as he missed some good chances but played right will have an impact. Based only on that Zamouri won't trouble the 1st team, with ball technically good but little end product and a bit slow. Thought Robbie Hall was poor overall and KR wasn't impressed with his freekicks based on his comments! Thought Loftouse had a decent game, certainly in the 1st half and Berkoe had a decent 1st half as well.

Should have been comfortably ahead before they scored with the chances we missed in the 1st half. Apart from Jack Stevens stopping a near own goal, they scored with their only 2 shots in the 1st half and Jack Stevens stood no chance on either. A good/clinical finish for their 1st and poor defending for the 2nd goal from a free kick; on the free kick, personally think Sam Long was unlucky for it to be given against him as the forward kick him after shoving his elbow into Long's neck.

2nd half we missed good chances again and their keeper made deserves some praise as well. Sam Long took his goal from the corner well. Bad defending for the 3rd from a corner when we were on top as the marking was again not good and not sure on the keeping. 4th goal was a well taken free kick but not sure on the placement on the wall.

Overall, the team had some good moments but some shockers as well and the team play didn't seem cohesive for chunks of the game which with trialists doesn't seem a surprise. Have to give Wimbledon credit for being clinical whereas we weren't.
cheers @Marked Ox :)

2nd half we missed good chances again and their keeper made deserves some praise as well. Sam Long took his goal from the corner well. Bad defending for the 3rd from a corner when we were on top as the marking was again not good and not sure on the keeping. 4th goal was a well taken free kick but not sure on the placement on the wall.

yep would agree! Dijksteel was #10.
I think Karacan’s tole is tough to look good in.

KR was laying into the at HT and was talking to Berkoe throughout...was helping Agyei too with his runs.

There wasn’t anyone outside of the 1st team squad, aside from jones that should be included...Zamouri will be gone in January I imagine!

aside from the match there was a good feel around the ground and liked all the coaching

yep would agree! Dijksteel was #10.
I think Karacan’s tole is tough to look good in.

KR was laying into the at HT and was talking to Berkoe throughout...was helping Agyei too with his runs.

There wasn’t anyone outside of the 1st team squad, aside from jones that should be included...Zamouri will be gone in January I imagine!

aside from the match there was a good feel around the ground and liked all the coaching

Agreed on the coaching and the training ground. Nice to see the place in person.

Karacan was poor with the ball, and when comparing to Gorrin from memory, his positioning was poor imo.

By the sound of it then, neither really looked like they could cut it? By the time they have got to the required fitness level, we will perhaps not need them anyway. Worth a look I suppose.

I dont want to write Karacan off without having seen him play but his career does seem to be in a bit of a decline. Since Reading, where i believe he had a long term acl injury, he doesnt seem to have stuck around anywhere for long. Maybe just bad luck and he needs to find the right club, maybe us..?

Back
Top Bottom