Transfer News incoming ooc player ?

Sarge

God like member
talks take place this afternoon whether an out of contract player is likely to be incoming any time soon? ..... is KR on radox 5 min ff this evening? if he is this is likely to be raised Idve thought?

If it’s an out and out DM it could be Jack Rodwell, not had a whole lot of luck in recent years.

Tom Adeyemi maybe?

I posted on another thread, a quick google search through up the likes of Darron Gibson, Joe Ledley, Chris McCann and Jordan Mutch as out of contract DMs.

If Jordan Mutch was fit, and he is only 27, I'd happily have him until the end of the season and see where that goes.

been training with Cardif apparently, so although not match fit, fitness levels may be ok. could be problems with wage demands though

Yes you would think so but apparently he was about to join some tin pot lower league Dutch club but it fell through. I guess these guys need to ask themselves do I want to play football or sit about posting on Twitter and insta.
Personally i’d Take a pay cut and drop a couple of divisions to prove myself and maybe get a bigger club at the end of the season. At the very least they’d be earning a bit and still playing.
My only concern is why haven’t they got clubs? As KR intimated we don’t want no big time Charlie or ‘personality’ upsetting the dressing room.

You really do have to think why there is any player who is still a free agent at this time of the season! Surely the idea that there is a fit, affordable, enthusiastic, available, quality, free, team player just out there ready to step in to our slightly depleted midfield is pretty optimistic?

You really do have to think why there is any player who is still a free agent at this time of the season! Surely the idea that there is a fit, affordable, enthusiastic, available, quality, free, team player just out there ready to step in to our slightly depleted midfield is pretty optimistic?

A quick look who signed for who from Oct-Jan last season in league 1 may give some ideas of what to expect:

Karl Henry - Bradford - 4 games from Nov to Jan - released
Paul Caddis - Bradford - 27 games Nov - Jun
Shaun Cummings - Doncaster - 4 games Nov-Jun
Yasin Ben El-Mhanni - Scunny - 5 games since Oct but still there
Sebasien Bassong - Peterborough - 1 game - Oct - Jun?
Steve Davies - Blackpool - 2 games - Oct-Jan - Moved to Hamilton in Jan

A quick look who signed for who from Oct-Jan last season in league 1 may give some ideas of what to expect:

Karl Henry - Bradford - 4 games from Nov to Jan - released
Paul Caddis - Bradford - 27 games Nov - Jun
Shaun Cummings - Doncaster - 4 games Nov-Jun
Yasin Ben El-Mhanni - Scunny - 5 games since Oct but still there
Sebasien Bassong - Peterborough - 1 game - Oct - Jun?
Steve Davies - Blackpool - 2 games - Oct-Jan - Moved to Hamilton in Jan
From that (thanks) it looks like only one - Caddis - was much of a signing. And Bradford released him at the end of the season, sp presumably he wasn't that brilliant for them!

So if this year is anything like last year, slim pickings indeed.

all this talk about getting a midfielder (which i wasn’t too sure we needed until Thorne got injured + Woodburn &Hanson) but could we do with cover at lb?
if anything happens with Ruffels we could have problems there.
i know Berkoe is a left back but can he fill for a few games if needed?
i guess the ideal person would be someone like our Josh - able to play both positions ?

all this talk about getting a midfielder (which i wasn’t too sure we needed until Thorne got injured + Woodburn &Hanson) but could we do with cover at lb?
if anything happens with Ruffels we could have problems there.
i know Berkoe is a left back but can he fill for a few games if needed?
i guess the ideal person would be someone like our Josh - able to play both positions ?
Sam Long can play left back.

Back
Top Bottom