Transfer News Incoming :another midfielder - Josh Wright?

don’t think they actually promised anything and as mentioned numerous times just about every club wants strikers and can’t see anything happening until end of transfer window
And by the end of the window all that could be lefT are the John Obikas

While not a "Wow" signing things obviously clicked for him at Gillingham - Captain, goals and Player of the Year. So while things clearly haven't worked at Bradford it may be the place, the squad or the management structure and not just the player. So I agree - No "wow" but if he can do a job and he is not a replacement for Brannaghan - then he could be a useful addition. But PLEASE get a proper striker.

Well it won’t be Brannagan leaving, pretty confident on that one. Nelson with Moushino dropping back? Possible..

Well it won’t be Brannagan leaving, pretty confident on that one. Nelson with Moushino dropping back? Possible..

I posted the same thought on another thread.

Every player has his price, especially one nearing the end of their contract. I hope it doesn’t happen but it wouldn’t surprise me if it did.

I posted the same thought on another thread.

Every player has his price, especially one nearing the end of their contract. I hope it doesn’t happen but it wouldn’t surprise me if it did.

I would argue if Nelson was going then we'd be signing a centre half as we'd still need be a centre half short.

I don't think Cam Brannagan is going unless we get a silly offer either.

If this is genuine (like Sercombe and Pompey we seem to get linked to Josh Wright each transfer window) then I think it is adding depth and competition to the squad. Especially as we've lost Baptiste etc and Carruthers is obviously a risk considering he has already broken down after coming back from injury once.

We all know we need a striker or two no question. Put that to one side..,

I think wright could be s good signing. Hanson is now our right back, Ruffels our left back, baptise injured, Brannagan is one yellow away from a suspension, Sykes one for the future (since signing him KR might realise it’s gonns be 6 months - like Dunkley), and Kashi and Mous will sit in front of the defence, I think we do need an extra body in.

Wright hasn’t worked out well at Bradford but has done well at this level before and 29 is a fine age for a centre mid. Also meant to be a leader which we need. Can’t see it breaking the bank so surely helps the depth of the squad and aids us moving forward...

Scored 14 goals in a season at this level for Gillingham a couple of years ago and won all their player of the season awards. Also captained them until a change of manager. Played in an advanced midfielder role at that stage.

Not all as bad as the Bradford fans say....possibly!

If we need another midfielder surely the thing that makes most sense is buy a new left back and use Ruffels as cover for both positions?

Can't we get a f*cking striker? The last striker I remember at Oxford was Red Robbo from the car factory in the bloody 70's! Yes, I know he was based at BL in 'Brum, but you get my point, eh?

We all know we need a striker or two no question. Put that to one side..,

I think wright could be s good signing. Hanson is now our right back, Ruffels our left back, baptise injured, Brannagan is one yellow away from a suspension, Sykes one for the future (since signing him KR might realise it’s gonns be 6 months - like Dunkley), and Kashi and Mous will sit in front of the defence, I think we do need an extra body in.

Wright hasn’t worked out well at Bradford but has done well at this level before and 29 is a fine age for a centre mid. Also meant to be a leader which we need. Can’t see it breaking the bank so surely helps the depth of the squad and aids us moving forward...
Who do we drop to accommodate him?

Think the striker situation will be hoping Mackie stays reasonably fit. We have an abundance of midfielders, ffs Robinson get your f*****g act together, don’t matter whether Wright scores 14 goals a couple of seasons ago and Captained them it’s a case of why Bradford are letting him go so soon.

It’s been reported that it’s a loan with a view to it being made permanent next summer. As Robinson is apparently a long term admirer of the player, maybe it was just too good an opportunity/price etc to turn down.

Just seems strange. We have brought in 2 midfielders already in this window and also have Curruthers back fit. Do we really need what will effectively be a 4th new one ?

Add to the fact we already have 5 loans and we can probably assume our striker (s) will be be loans. Also talked about Holmes coming back (or staying) in a different loan arrangement

We seem to be overloaded with loans and midfielders.

I wonder if his situation is similar to Tony McMahon's here, where he hasn't settled up north and wants to be nearer home?

We now only have 18 games left, it does seem a strange signing if nobody leaves, we have 5 players for the two midfield positions, one of them is not going to see much action.

Back
Top Bottom