Matches iFollow next season - prices

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
So I was thinking, will the club increase the cost for each home game? It's currently £10 a game, which would be less than what ST holders will be paying. Plus the club could do with a few more quid.

What would you pay per match? Surely £20?

So I was thinking, will the club increase the cost for each home game? It's currently £10 a game, which would be less than what ST holders will be paying. Plus the club could do with a few more quid.

Don't encourage them! A tenner is more than enough for the quality of service.

You can get a 7 day pass for Sky Sports for a tenner - objectively, £20 for a single game of football would be horrible value for money.

You can get a 7 day pass for Sky Sports for a tenner - objectively, £20 for a single game of football would be horrible value for money.
.... given the many still ( up till lockdown) unresolved 'issues' with ifollow , £10 per game is about £8 too much .... imo

But as a ST holder we'll be paying £15+ for it.
Joking aside, there is no way that I would pay £15.00 to watch a one camera angle coverage of the game. I've tried a few times, for a lot less, and found it very poor quality and lacking in any real satisfaction. If there was no other way to see the game, and there won't be, I would still have to give a deal of consideration to paying. £15.00 too much, £20.00 taking the P**s.

.... given the many still ( up till lockdown) unresolved 'issues' with ifollow , £10 per game is about £8 too much .... imo

I agree the network infrastructure is extremely poor - I've tried it a few times in the past and always been unimpressed with the experience - so they'll have to get a few more hamster wheels in ahead of next season otherwise it'll probably crash with all the additional viewers.

Joking aside, there is no way that I would pay £15.00 to watch a one camera angle coverage of the game. I've tried a few times, for a lot less, and found it very poor quality and lacking in any real satisfaction. If there was no other way to see the game, and there won't be, I would still have to give a deal of consideration to paying. £15.00 too much, £20.00 taking the P**s.
So it would be cheaper for someone to just buy the games on iFollow rather than buy a ST.

So it would be cheaper for someone to just buy the games on iFollow rather than buy a ST.
If you want to sit at home and miss all the real experience! ?

I know what you mean but, we haven't reached that point just yet. I would say that it should be a privilege exclusively for season ticket holders and not available to others.
You should not be able to pick and choose when to support your club. (that'll get someone on their soapbox!)

Also it's a flat rate across all clubs for iFollow which will be subject to a national (EFL?) contract and so I can't see any bespoke pricing happening. If you want to give more money to the club - a bag full of cash delivered to the training ground will do the job just as well.

If you want to sit at home and miss all the real experience! ?

I know what you mean but, we haven't reached that point just yet. I would say that it should be a privilege exclusively for season ticket holders and not available to others.
You should not be able to pick and choose when to support your club. (that'll get someone on their soapbox!)
I can't see fans being allowed back in at the start of the season.

I can, season ticket holders only with no away fans. At quarter capacity (which I reckon the ground will be restricted to) we would be allowed 3125 in, that could well be our season ticket sales this year.

What’s the difference between going to football and going to Bicester Village?

I can, season ticket holders only with no away fans. At quarter capacity (which I reckon the ground will be restricted to) we would be allowed 3125 in, that could well be our season ticket sales this year.

What’s the difference between going to football and going to Bicester Village?
Well, if you don't know that, where have you been all this time?

To be fair i have always thought the cost of watching a game on iFollow should at least be the same price as attending in person, it's like they don't want people to watch 'live' football anymore

Back
Top Bottom