Matches iFollow next season - prices

The person who would "normally" pay on the day will still wish to see his/her team play no? so why should they be denied that opportunity (via ifollow ) just because they did not/could not purchase a season ticket?
i repeat a season ticket bought on finance is paid by the finance company and the st holder pays monthly for the privilege, to clarify my point let's assume 2 home games in a month where the st holder pays the finance company £40 for a month and the on the day of match person pays £20 per game that is the same £40 per month .Both are still paying for those games in the same month...

if a person decides to still buy a season ticket as they can afford to then that is the choice they make but that does not mean that a person who could not buy a season ticket for which there could be many reasons should be denied the opportunity to watch their team.

If a non-season ticket holder wishes to view the game via iFollow, how much should they be charged? The price of a match day ticket? The Championship allows all season ticket holders (current season) to watch for free, others pay £10.00. At that price what incentive is there to buy a season ticket?
We will renew anyway (when corporate sales are available) but, do you not see how this is a skewed system?
The thought process here is that should attending the match not be allowed, then a season ticket holder should be given access to iFollow as a privilege gained through their support of the club from purchasing in advance. Making access to iFollow available to everyone simply devalues the season ticket. And, I don't say this as someone whose season ticket equates to approximately £36 a match although, could anyone say I was in the wrong to complain about the lack of parity with other season tickets? (Also bear in mind that Mrs Lounger also has a season ticket = £72.00 per match)

It is tempting to say that neither argument is right but, don't go down the route of thinking that I am advocating a segregation of support.

Your argument reference a finance purchase is flawed as the total purchase still equates to a season ticket regardless of how much and when the instalments are made. Paying on the day is just that, on the day for a one off event. No way at all does it equate financially to a season ticket. The financial obligation is to paying for an entire season. It is not possible to attend one game and then cancel the agreement.

It's good iFollow managed to fix it pretty quickly, but this is far far fewer games compared to the possibly of next season.

For me the whole season ticket/ifollow is as clear as mud, what happens if having paid for a season ticket I feel it’s unsafe for me to go to football when fans are allowed back, and watching home games on ifollow is my best option, would my season ticket cover this?, equally would I be allowed to watch home games at all at that time, it’s just confusing what the best option is for me

For me the whole season ticket/ifollow is as clear as mud, what happens if having paid for a season ticket I feel it’s unsafe for me to go to football when fans are allowed back, and watching home games on ifollow is my best option, would my season ticket cover this?, equally would I be allowed to watch home games at all at that time, it’s just confusing what the best option is for me
When fans are allowed back, the 3pm blackout might come back into force.

an on the day person has as much right to ifollow as a season ticket holder, not everyone can shell out in advance and my point was if a st is paid by credit card or installment you have not paid cash you are paying the cc company or finance company per month so that's what i meant by it equates to the same thing as someone paying on the day.
it's hard enough getting people to attend without creating a them and us scenario, they are all fans of the club and should be treated as such...if ifollow could be streamed are you really advocating denying much needed income just because some people cannot pay a whole season up front, for which there will be many reasons by the way.
Hi,
Agree all income streams are welcome, as are all fans however they choose to follow our club.
When you buy a ST by whatever means, you are committing to a full season of say 23 games.
Nobody needs to buy there ST with a credit card and pay interest.
The club offer an interest free option payable over 10 months via V12 finance.

Last edited:
If a non-season ticket holder wishes to view the game via iFollow, how much should they be charged? The price of a match day ticket? The Championship allows all season ticket holders (current season) to watch for free, others pay £10.00. At that price what incentive is there to buy a season ticket?
We will renew anyway (when corporate sales are available) but, do you not see how this is a skewed system?
The thought process here is that should attending the match not be allowed, then a season ticket holder should be given access to iFollow as a privilege gained through their support of the club from purchasing in advance. Making access to iFollow available to everyone simply devalues the season ticket. And, I don't say this as someone whose season ticket equates to approximately £36 a match although, could anyone say I was in the wrong to complain about the lack of parity with other season tickets? (Also bear in mind that Mrs Lounger also has a season ticket = £72.00 per match)

It is tempting to say that neither argument is right but, don't go down the route of thinking that I am advocating a segregation of support.

Your argument reference a finance purchase is flawed as the total purchase still equates to a season ticket regardless of how much and when the instalments are made. Paying on the day is just that, on the day for a one off event. No way at all does it equate financially to a season ticket. The financial obligation is to paying for an entire season. It is not possible to attend one game and then cancel the agreement.

You're renewing early and you're taking this risk. There's a reason they're only giving you until the 29/06. You know the risk you're taking. Also by having a ST, you have the privilege of going back early if they do only let ST holders in. If you're that concerned then don't buy a season ticket and wait until you have the confirmation if/when fans are allowed back in.

You're renewing early and you're taking this risk. There's a reason they're only giving you until the 29/06. You know the risk you're taking. Also by having a ST, you have the privilege of going back early if they do only let ST holders in. If you're that concerned then don't buy a season ticket and wait until you have the confirmation if/when fans are allowed back in.
You obviously haven't read my earlier posts. We will be renewing, as usual but, it needed to be pointed out that the position regarding season ticket and streaming is not simple or straightforward. We have already agreed to decline the refund on this season's tickets (a total of £293.48) and, no doubt, will be investing in the new kit when it appears. We are not shy when it comes to supporting the club. By the way, 1893 club members cannot yet renew as there is no process in place to do so.

You obviously haven't read my earlier posts. We will be renewing, as usual but, it needed to be pointed out that the position regarding season ticket and streaming is not simple or straightforward. We have already agreed to decline the refund on this season's tickets (a total of £293.48) and, no doubt, will be investing in the new kit when it appears. We are not shy when it comes to supporting the club. By the way, 1893 club members cannot yet renew as there is no process in place to do so.
I have read your post - that wasn't a swipe at you personally, I'm just saying if people want to buy discounted tickets then they have to take that risk, they know the risk involved. If they don't want to take the risk of missing games then they'll have to wait and suck up paying the higher prices

Just wanted to point out (because I've not seen it mentioned elsewhere on this thread) that for Exiles living overseas, the early bird rate for an iFollow season pass in 2019/20 was £110. Given that you (in theory, pre-Covid and I guess pre-Bury) were going to get all 46 home and away league games plus the early rounds of the tinpot trophy, this meant that the overall price per game was a smidge over two quid.

So the same product (i.e. video streaming of Oxford games that people are unable to go and watch in person) that was valued at £2 at the beginning of the season, we're now talking about charging £20 for.

Laws of supply and demand I guess......what was a secondary revenue stream for the club catering to a small subset of fans is now looking like being the main revenue driver!

Just wanted to point out (because I've not seen it mentioned elsewhere on this thread) that for Exiles living overseas, the early bird rate for an iFollow season pass in 2019/20 was £110. Given that you (in theory, pre-Covid and I guess pre-Bury) were going to get all 46 home and away league games plus the early rounds of the tinpot trophy, this meant that the overall price per game was a smidge over two quid.

So the same product (i.e. video streaming of Oxford games that people are unable to go and watch in person) that was valued at £2 at the beginning of the season, we're now talking about charging £20 for.

Laws of supply and demand I guess......what was a secondary revenue stream for the club catering to a small subset of fans is now looking like being the main revenue driver!

I doubt we will be in an empty ground from the start of next season after today’s announcement, if you can sit in a cinema from the beginning of July it’s going to be hard to justify empty football stadiums two months later.

Still the whole thing needs looking at, I can only attend Saturday games but I have a season ticket, must be plenty of people who can only attend weekends who are put off buying a season ticket as they are in the same boat who would be swayed if they could watch the games they can’t attend online as part of their season ticket cost for example.

I doubt we will be in an empty ground from the start of next season after today’s announcement, if you can sit in a cinema from the beginning of July it’s going to be hard to justify empty football stadiums two months later.

Still the whole thing needs looking at, I can only attend Saturday games but I have a season ticket, must be plenty of people who can only attend weekends who are put off buying a season ticket as they are in the same boat who would be swayed if they could watch the games they can’t attend online as part of their season ticket cost for example.
We will all be sat with face masks then!

Don't forget, it's 1m+, where 2m CANNOT be done. 2m is still the required distance. . Correct me if I'm wrong. It's confusing!

We will all be sat with face masks then!

Don't forget, it's 1m+, where 2m CANNOT be done. Correct me if I'm wrong.

By September that will have morphed into 1m, the 2m rule is being widely ignored now so it will be quietly dropped soon.

People’s patience has run out, you only have a finite time to work a lockdown and once everyone is back to work, school and everyday normal life then it’s all over.

I have worked all the way through this and over the last week or two it’s become increasingly obvious to me on my travels that the country has quietly ended it and the government has gone along with it (or vice versa), just a matter of getting everyone who hasn’t returned to work back and that will happen by August (assuming they have a job to go back to)

There is a hell of a long way to go before the next football season starts in September.

I think football stadiums are more comparable to theatres than cinemas, and they're not getting back to 'normal' any time soon.

Always thought £10 per match was way too much to charge for iFollow, but the fact anyone here thinks £20 is reasonable is extremely surprising.

For me season ticket holders should ideally get free access to any games (both home and away) shown on the service. Or at the very least a heavily subsidised rate. And I say that as someone who lives too far away from the ground to justify getting a season ticket.

There is a hell of a long way to go before the next football season starts in September.
I've heard that the working assumption within EFL circles is a September start for next season and they expect to hit it.

I've heard that the working assumption within EFL circles is a September start for next season and they expect to hit it.
Correct.

But let’s wait and see what happens in terms of infection rates now that they’ve cut the distance restrictions and told people they can go and slosh pints about.

An enormous difference between football starting and football starting with people in the stands.

Correct.

But let’s wait and see what happens in terms of infection rates now that they’ve cut the distance restrictions and told people they can go and slosh pints about.

An enormous difference between football starting and football starting with people in the stands.

Indeed hence my lack of reference to any crowds!

Indeed hence my lack of reference to any crowds!
Sorry - my original comment was in response to someone saying they think we’ll all be back like nothing happened by next season. I assumed you were agreeing with them.

Go in peace.

Back
Top Bottom