iFollow - Live domestic streaming

Robie

Snuck into a wordy but enjoyable article about iFollow is the news that video of games will be streamed inside the UK not just abroad.

Whilst, thankfully, Saturday 3pm games will not be I think this will be pretty terrible for attendances, atmosphere and therefore enjoyment of live football.

I'll still be extending my subscription to the service!

Craig

Yep, all midweek (including bank holiday I believe) games that aren’t shown on Sky. This was announced a while ago actually, it’s only now we’ve decided to mention it ourselves. I barely used it last year, so won’t renew, I’ll just buy match passes to midweek away games.

Dave T

Yep, all midweek games that aren’t shown on Sky. This was announced a while ago actually, it’s only now we’ve decided to mention it ourselves. I barely used it last year, so won’t renew, I’ll just buy match passes to midweek away games.
How much is a match pass ?

Robie

I don't think it is a coincidence that you are not able to subscribe at the moment...

They will be increasing their prices and I imagine people will be deciding between this and a season ticket.

Craig

That’s pretty decent. Will that just be league games or any Oufc game not on a sat 3pm
So checkawank trophy games, league cup, fa cup ?
All cup too, I think. I’m almost certain you could pay to watch Checkawateva games live last season for about £5. Not at the beginning, it was introduced after the group stages if I remember rightly.

Dave T

What was full subscription. I struggle to get to midweek away games so would Definitely be interested if they start showing live games in uk

Craig

I believe so.

Was it £5 for streaming video? I expect it will be more...
Really? I don’t. You can buy a Sky Sports day pass for £7, so there’s no way they can expect to charge that much for streaming video without commentary.

Robie

Really? I don’t. You can buy a Sky Sports day pass for £7, so there’s no way they can expect to charge that much for streaming video without commentary.
I wasn't aware that Sky Sports is £7 for a day. Fiver seems about right then.

Neville60

Sky should put sound on for the games, or allow you to be able to listen to Radio Oxford at the same ime for the commentary.

watched the last home game last season whilst abroad - was £5, fantastic picture quality - with the exception of sound, the crowd noise was few seconds ahead of the picture so had to put on mute and enjoy another cold beer ;)

Bue Guado

I make it 5 league home games , 3 away games and 1 Home cup game so far.

Plus any other league cup and checkawank games will be midweek. And most of the Ireland games are midweek and a few of the ones when we’re back
I doubt the Ireland games, or many of other friendlies, will be available for video streaming.

Top Bottom