iFollow for 2021/22Season

I enquired what the fee would be for next year and was told140 pound or equivalent. I then checked that they still had my credit card number (was used automatically last year). No, it had vanished. So tried to put it back and after my card app had confirmed payment of 0.00 euros the ifollow site told me that "something" had gone wrong. So emailed and got told how to do it, which was exactly what I had done 3 times. Told them that do they said check that my address by the credit card was the same as they had. Well I have only lived at my current address since 1988 so that was not the problem. Emailed again and got a standard mail that they were too busy at the moment to help me.
Bunch of wankers.

Is it still £140 for overseas customers? Reckon I must have spent close to £500 on iFollow last season what with league fixtures and cup matches.

Whilst I appreciate most of the money goes to the club, would be nice if they did a season ticket iFollow option for fans who live a fair distance from Oxford but still in the UK and realistically can't attend home matches. And want to watch the away ones too.

Yes 140 pounds, or eqivalent in your local currency. Had it confirmed this week.

Do we know yet if we can watch the Cambridge game on iFollow as I can’t make that one.

Do we know yet if we can watch the Cambridge game on iFollow as I can’t make that one.
I would like to know too, it all depends on if the 3pm Saturday blackout is restored.

Personally I cannot see how they can restore it.

The logical thing to do would be to remove the blackout for at least another season. So I fully expect them to bring it back before the season starts.

I would like to know too, it all depends on if the 3pm Saturday blackout is restored.

Personally I cannot see how they can restore it.
According to the minutes of a meeting held last Thursday between Cambridge Utd and their Supporters Panel, the starting point for iFollow next season is that there will be no streaming of games "because it was provided as an exceptional service when fans were not allowed in the ground. One possible exception might be for long-distance away games – most likely midweek – that fans are unable to get to, as having iFollow would not necessarily affect the gate. It will continue for overseas residents." But thinking might possibly have changed since then because of the rising Covid infection rate and the possibility of a further lockdown. Who knows?

It also appears from the same minutes that printed Cambridge Utd programmes mightn't be available for away fans.

According to the minutes of a meeting held last Thursday between Cambridge Utd and their Supporters Panel, the starting point for iFollow next season is that there will be no streaming of games "because it was provided as an exceptional service when fans were not allowed in the ground. One possible exception might be for long-distance away games – most likely midweek – that fans are unable to get to, as having iFollow would not necessarily affect the gate. It will continue for overseas residents." But thinking might possibly have changed since then because of the rising Covid infection rate and the possibility of a further lockdown. Who knows?

It also appears from the same minutes that printed Cambridge Utd programmes mightn't be available for away fans.
So with hundreds of thousands of people being told to isolate at home, new daily covid cases in the tens of thousands, death rates on the rise again and millions of people still worried about their personal safety, the only way for us to watch football is to go to the game and sit a couple of inches away from someone we probably don't know and who may, or may not, have covid.

Is this really the plan?

So with hundreds of thousands of people being told to isolate at home, new daily covid cases in the tens of thousands, death rates on the rise again and millions of people still worried about their personal safety, the only way for us to watch football is to go to the game and sit a couple of inches away from someone we probably don't know and who may, or may not, have covid.

Is this really the plan?
I'd be very surprised if the EFL don't have second thoughts for the reasons you've mentioned. It would be irresponsible if they didn't.

In any case we don't know whether what was said at the Cambridge Utd meeting was an accurate summary of what the EFL were intending at that time.

I would not be in the least surprised if we started the season with similar restrictions in place as there were for the Blackpool game. No away fans, socially distanced seating, masks until you get in your seat.

Is this really the plan?
And that’s the main reason I have decided to give it a miss,I am happy to pay to watch games on I follow

My guess is that we'll know what's happening with iFollow videostreaming when Cambridge Utd tickets go on sale.

Back
Top Bottom