iFollow for 2020-21Season

Wouldn't that be the same for the EFL though. They only collect the data that you voluntarily provide?
Of course, it's what happens to it thereafter. The EFL do not impress me with their poor leadership and bowing down to the PL and in their chairperson they have an odious backside licking lackey.
iFollow is, at this time, a necessary evil and sadly, has to be tolerated but they, likewise, are not fit for purpose.

Oh come off it, iFollow isn’t that bad.
No it isn't, but it is de rigeur to kick it.

iFollow has seen a huge leap in performance from last season. Audio and visual streams are now in sync, the quality of the picture has improved and it's been rock-solid in its availability (bar the brief, but inconvenient timing, episode vs Gillingham).

Is it perfect? Of course not.

Is it as good as SKY? No.

Is it allowing us to watch games during this hateful time? Yes, and I am bloody grateful for its existence.

Is it earning the club money? Yes, and I expect they are hugely thankful that it exists, too.

Yeah as much as I bitch and moan about iFollow, living too far to make it to home games generally (when we can go to matches) means at least I get to watch more games a season than I would otherwise. Even if I can't with most of the 3pm kick-offs.

Anyone having an issue with the latest interviews only playing out of one headphone?

Oh come off it, iFollow isn’t that bad.
How forgiving some are! Their customer service is appalling, there are more than a few still waiting for the promised refund from last season with all attempts at a reasonable conversation ignored. We have three unanswered emails regarding that subject alone. Then there is the blatant disregard to club directions as to when the coverage should be on. Both Radox and OUFC are happy and have agreed and directed iFollow, that coverage should continue, uninterrupted, for as long as the duration of embargo on internet broadcasts. The recent fail to resume broadcast post half time (with the inevitable break in transmission) was another example of how frail their infrastructure can be.
The cumbersome and poorly designed interface from the club site is embarrassing and has already caused some to pay twice or pay for a game where they have a code as a season ticket holder.
Yes, there is the opportunity of income to the club albeit a meagre amount. Is that offset against the aggravation of dealing with complaints about the service? Chris Williams has had to put out a disclaimer to the effect that he has no power to effect refunds or reinstate service. Try getting a response from iFollow other than automatic statements about re-booting, changing browser etc etc.
In pre-season all this was discussed by the clubs under the EFL umbrella and doubts were expressed then.
OK, we get to see the games and that is a redeeming factor but does it excuse everything? I think not.

i am probably going to check out the Banbury United FA Cup game this afternoon in the absence of the main match - will be interesting to see how the InPlayer system works. £1.50 and has replays, commentary etc.

There is a difference in who I trust and who I don't. The EFL do not have my email address, to my knowledge. And, I don't use social media aside from two forums. Neither have given me any grief. No one in the Lounger household uses the commonly used social media for the very reason that they are all too often the source of data for scammers. When I still worked I had to deal with the fall out from misuse of social media platforms by staff, defending them in disciplinary process hearings. ( I was a Unison work place representative)
I would be intrigued to know what personal data you think is collected by this forum. Aside from what I have voluntarily provided to join, what else have they collected?
Probably every website, and google search you have made on any device you own since signing up to this forum.
Also every IP address and Mac address you have signed in from so a good map of the locations you have been in the past few years.

Probably every website, and google search you have made on any device you own since signing up to this forum.
Also every IP address and Mac address you have signed in from so a good map of the locations you have been in the past few years.
A little paranoid methinks.

Google is the worst. Google Maps popped up on my phone the other day and gave me a summary of my day. It included every address I had been too, how many minutes I stayed there for, and every time I was in the car and how long for.

God another process to do to make sure you get a match code. But glad we no longer have to add codes.

If you have a season ticket, won't email addresses have already been dealt with at that point?
Not everyone had signed up for an iFollow and eticketing account, now you have to hope the email addresses are the same.

Not everyone had signed up for an iFollow and eticketing account, now you have to hope the email addresses are the same.

My memory may be letting me down but I thought season tickets could only be purchased online this summer so people will have an eticketing account. And if season ticket holders are already watching the games on iFollow then they will have that account as well. From my understanding this change is simplifying the process.

Last edited:
My memory may be letting me down but I thought season tickets could only be purchased online this summer so people will have an eticketing account. And if season ticket holders are already watching the games on iFollow already then they will have that account as well.
Mars and Venus. ?
The video explains all.

Best just to check that your eticketing email is the same as the iFollow email. If not just reregister by iFollow.

Anyone having an issue with the latest interviews only playing out of one headphone?
Yes. I've just watched some new interviews on the OWS and it sounds mono. Maybe Chris Williams's camera microphone has a loose contact somewhere. And input provided by the EFL is also mono but then on the other speaker/ear. Going back through the matches the last one that I feel is okay is Peterborough. Maybe I'll contact CW.

Back
Top Bottom