iFollow for 2020-21Season

Barbadosyellow

EFL has sent me an email saying they're going to charge me a renewal fee of £140 for my international subscription on 1st Sept. No mention of what I'll get for that or if there will be any changes for coverage when I'm in the UK if games are still behind closed doors.

It hints of some changes as does the OUFC website but that we won't be told until later.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that iFollow are increasing the fee without giving any idea about what we'll be getting for the money.

Same here.
I'm assuming that the service is going to be the same as last year. I don't see anything in the email that suggests differently.
If they did try and water down the content, I think we'd have pretty strong grounds to force cancellation and reimbursement.

What actually surprises me is that the price hasn't gone up by more than that.

If the club can't have a full or even partial crowd in the ground, then their main source of match day income is going to be iFollow.

Unless they're going to charge UK subscribers a much higher fee for a pass (which wouldn't seem very fair....but they may do) then they're going to cap themselves at, what, £3 per viewer per game? That's going to show up as a big drop in revenue for the club for 2020/21.

So I went from 30 to listen, which I was happy with. Then 110 to watch or listen to which I just listen and now 140 mmmmm
I think I'll be back to, as I was when I first came to Norway, just looking out for the results and reading the write ups.

So I went from 30 to listen, which I was happy with. Then 110 to watch or listen to which I just listen and now 140 mmmmm
I think I'll be back to, as I was when I first came to Norway, just looking out for the results and reading the write ups.

Just get a free account and watch the 10 mins highlights the next day.

The official OUFC website iFollow subscription page says that the 2020-21 season package will be "bigger and better.........with more live access to the matches you care about."

Sounds promising but I hope we get the details before the deadline for cancelling the sub.

I got an email to say I won’t be able to pay by direct debit next season and will have to re-subscribe. So I imagine it will be an annual fee.

All of a sudden I can't watch any videos on iFollow. Can anybody help?

I'm trying to watch on Safari, on a Mac, and keep getting a message saying the following when I try to Log In;

Desktop: Safari > Preferences > Privacy > then uncheck 'Prevent cross-site tracking'
iOS: Settings > Safari > then uncheck 'Prevent cross-site tracking'

When I go to Preferences>Privacy as suggested there is no option to "Prevent cross-site tracking" What do I do?

Everything was working fine until yesterday, or the day before, can't remember which, and it's not a payment issue as they emailed me a couple of weeks ago to say they'll take next season's money on 1st September. My operating system is up to date, as is my Safari. Everything else on my laptop is working fine, so any help would be appreciated, especially in anticipation of some new signing videos being released shortly!!!

I would ask the EFL/iFollow helpline, but I don't have the willpower to deal with them based on past experience.

I recieved an email a few weeks ago saying I would get 19% back for the missed matches in the last season. Haven't recieved a penny back yet and now they want 140 quid for next season. Will they reduce that by 19% or even by 19% of last aeasons payment?
Luckely I've kept that email for if I don't get a rebate.

Colin - what operating system do you run/version of Safari do you have?

Because I'm running Safari right now (version 13.1.2, Mac OS Mojave), and if you go to Preferences>Privacy, then literary the first menu item is a tick box that enables you to "Prevent cross-site tracking". I had to uncheck it myself earlier in the year to get iFollow to work on Safari.......

Not even letting me get into the log in screen saying I must register when I'm already registered for a free account so I can only assume they want everybody to re-register/register again. I guess this might be something to do with the price changes and season tickets getting it as part of the season ticket (for however long assuming it happens).

Cheers Tony,

I'm running Safari 12.1.2 so it's pretty recent. I did exactly the same as you, but the "Prevent cross-site tracking" option is not there! I bloody hate technology sometimes!!!

How are season ticket holders going to receive streaming of home games they are not permitted to attend? Surely not via ifollow?

How are season ticket holders going to receive streaming of home games they are not permitted to attend? Surely not via ifollow?
Surely that is *exactly* what will happen? They aren't going to set up a parallel service for ST holders!

Season ticket holders will get a match day pass. I would think that it be via email much the same as the print at home ticket service works. There will also be an e-program available. And, yes, it will be via iFollow.

They are going to park a big van with a massive satellite outside your house and beam it on to a free 8k UHD 100 inch TV which they supply free of charge, together with a lukewarm can of carling to help recreate the matchday experience (n.b. please ensure you do NOT try and clean your toilet for at least 5 weeks before matchday)

They are going to park a big van with a massive satellite outside your house and beam it on to a free 8k UHD 100 inch TV which they supply free of charge, together with a lukewarm can of carling to help recreate the matchday experience (n.b. please ensure you do NOT try and clean your toilet for at least 5 weeks before matchday)
5 weeks,that's should really be 5 years

I was quite warming to this until you spoilt it by the mention of Carling. Lukewarm or otherwise, I'm not letting that cock P**s anywhere near my lips.

@tonyw I've now updated my system and am running exactly the same version of Safari as you and also updated to the latest Catalina OS. As you experienced, I found the "Prevent cross-site tracking" box where you did, and unticked it. So far, so good, BUT I still can't get onto iFollow and still keep getting this same error message.

Any suggestions?

@tonyw I've now updated my system and am running exactly the same version of Safari as you and also updated to the latest Catalina OS. As you experienced, I found the "Prevent cross-site tracking" box where you did, and unticked it. So far, so good, BUT I still can't get onto iFollow and still keep getting this same error message.

Any suggestions?

I had the same problem a few months ago I did all the same things but it didn’t work until I deleted the iFollow app and downloaded it again, logged in and that seemed to fix it .

Back
Top Bottom