Ifollow access

I've paid my £10 for a day pass on Now. However it appears that Huddersfield Vs Blackpool is on Sky Sports Football red button. Doesn't appear that I can get it on Now. Hey ho, we'll get by with Hull Vs Blackburn.
Hull game has been called off..

And..........after half an hour, I'd really think we could hold our own against these two. Very average.

Any idea why the LIncoln game on Saturday 8th apparently has video access within the UK? It's a 3pm Saturday kick-off. Is it something special about an FA Cup weekend? Or just an error to be corrected?

Any idea why the LIncoln game on Saturday 8th apparently has video access within the UK? It's a 3pm Saturday kick-off. Is it something special about an FA Cup weekend? Or just an error to be corrected?
It doesn't on the fixture page but does show video on the iFollow page.

Not worth the risk

We have checked and can confirm the match tomorrow between #Imps and #oufc is available to stream on ifollow in the UK, so if you can't get to the match you can buy a matchpass and support from home. #coyy

That’s good news but why is this different to any other Saturday 3pm kick-off?
No idea, and several other matches are not available, but EFL ifollow have confirmed it is for us.

That’s good news but why is this different to any other Saturday 3pm kick-off?
probably because its FA Cup 3rd round weekend..... meaning sky sport not calling the shots for their PL coverage on Saturday, for once the tail isn't wagging the FA dog I'd presume ?

thank you - very clear - is there is an opportunity for OUFC to stream the match on the 22nd on the basis of self-isolation still being very much in place. Away end will be full anyway so why not grab £10 from thousands of other SWFC fans to boost the club's coffers?

City chief executive Liam Scully said: "It is rare that a Saturday 3pm kick-off is eligible for domestic streaming, but in this instance the blackout does not apply.

"We remain committed to the principle of the 3pm blackout for streaming, but with the world as it is we felt it appropriate to provide the opportunity for those who have to self-isolate or are a bit cautious about attending events in the current climate the ability to watch."

Our away fixture at Shrewsbury Town on Saturday 26 March is the only other match which may be available for domestic streaming in a 3pm Saturday slot but this will be at the discretion of the home club.

----
Any idea why this Saturday does not apply? FA Cup 3rd round?
and the 26 March for Lincoln?

City chief executive Liam Scully said: "It is rare that a Saturday 3pm kick-off is eligible for domestic streaming, but in this instance the blackout does not apply.

"We remain committed to the principle of the 3pm blackout for streaming, but with the world as it is we felt it appropriate to provide the opportunity for those who have to self-isolate or are a bit cautious about attending events in the current climate the ability to watch."

Our away fixture at Shrewsbury Town on Saturday 26 March is the only other match which may be available for domestic streaming in a 3pm Saturday slot but this will be at the discretion of the home club.

----
Any idea why this Saturday does not apply? FA Cup 3rd round?
and the 26 March for Lincoln?
26th March is an International Break weekend.

thank you - very clear - is there is an opportunity for OUFC to stream the match on the 22nd on the basis of self-isolation still being very much in place. Away end will be full anyway so why not grab £10 from thousands of other SWFC fans to boost the club's coffers?
Its not possible under the contract with EFL. There are only a couple of weekends when 3pm Saturday matches can be streamed.

Its not possible under the contract with EFL. There are only a couple of weekends when 3pm Saturday matches can be streamed.
Ah ok - the Lincoln communication made it sound like it was due to the level of isolations taking place but I think you're saying the fact it's an FA Cup weekend is actually more relevant.

Ah ok - the Lincoln communication made it sound like it was due to the level of isolations taking place but I think you're saying the fact it's an FA Cup weekend is actually more relevant.
Yes. They have a choice for this weekend, and unlike most other L1 clubs have chosen to stream. Most weekends there is no choice under contract.

Back
Top Bottom