‘if you train you are fit!’

It’s a shame Robinson doesn’t take a leaf out of Ardley’s book then:

“I have unbelievable respect for Neal Ardley and they have found a number of different ways to win matches.”

I can't comment as I am no medical expert.
It would be interesting to hear the view of somebody who does know.
Incidentally certainly the Eastwood and Carruthers injuries have nothing to do with this.

I can't comment as I am no medical expert.
It would be interesting to hear the view of somebody who does know.
Incidentally certainly the Eastwood and Carruthers injuries have nothing to do with this.

Yes I fully accept your final point.

I am in support of Robinson, I just couldn’t help feeling that it is another throw away quote that sounds quite slapdash from him, especially considering he has started a number of players this season who have not seemed match fit!

Great news that Carruthers et al are training again.

“That just leaves Marcus Browne in the treatment room with Rob Hall. That certainly strengthens our squad and we have some big decisions to make this weekend. I’m not sure if those three will be quite ready but my theory has always been ‘if you train you are fit!’

Context................. and he`s right ..... I doubt many of us on here could survive a pro-footballer training session without a certain level of fitness ergo: "if you train you are fit".

I suppose the players do prehab and will have worked on fitness to get back into to training, so Robinson's point is likely to be, you are over your injury, your fitness levels are back to normal, you are ready to go.

It all depends on when the player comes back and if they are limited by the physios, etc when they do.

No
“That just leaves Marcus Browne in the treatment room with Rob Hall. That certainly strengthens our squad and we have some big decisions to make this weekend. I’m not sure if those three will be quite ready but my theory has always been ‘if you train you are fit!’

Context................. and he`s right ..... I doubt many of us on here could survive a pro-footballer training session without a certain level of fitness ergo: "if you train you are fit".
No. I'm a runner, I'm recovering from 8njury at the moment, I can do 13 mile training runs OK, but I couldn't do a race, competition is much harder on the body. Just because you can train, doesn't mean you are match ready, it's different fitness. I think the quote was probably taken out of context a bit.

I think we’ll see Eastwood & Carruthers in the team within a fortnight more likely the Plymouth home game with 3 games in a week coming up from Saturday Carruthers will likely get 20/30 minutes over cameo appearances, Browne not to far behind that aswell as he was expected out for around 3 weeks

I suppose the players do prehab and will have worked on fitness to get back into to training, so Robinson's point is likely to be, you are over your injury, your fitness levels are back to normal, you are ready to go.

It all depends on when the player comes back and if they are limited by the physios, etc when they do.
Plus some people seem to have a sense of humour bypass..it was a semi serious line said in the usual KR tongue in cheek style!

Back
Top Bottom