oufc1991

If I could sign 5 players to improve us for next season I would go with
Archer gk
Cadden rb
Raggett cb
Whyte on loan rw
Henderson st

I would go for:

Young Premier League GK on loan (maybe Nathan Bishop who left Southend for Man U?)

I think Cadden at RB is beyond us, financial situation means we probably can't even bid now what we did in January for him. Chris Gunter OOC I think, but not in the mould we're looking for.

I would love to get Liam Kelly in on a permanent, he showed in the Playoff final that when fit he's an excellent Gorrin alternative. Then we wouldn't be getting so anxious about Alex's booking count throughout the season.

Agree with Gavin Whyte on loan. Career stalled in the last year, very good option for all parties involved.

Matty Taylor of course. Do we take another look at Tshimanga if Boreham fail in the playoffs? 18 goals in National League this year.

Don't think Archer is actually better than Eastwood, would be a bit of a step back (or at best sideways). Cadden absolutely would be top of my list but probably priced out now.

Would be surprised now if Kelly or Taylor would want to move to a League One club permanently.

Owen Evans impressed in goal at Cheltenham on loan from Wigan. With their financial problems it could be a good chance to bring him in, only 23 and British so fits our usual transfer policy. Only question would be whether he is ready for first team football in L1 yet.

Callum Morton on loan from West Brom. Done brilliantly for Northampton on loan and might want to stay there next season too but would be disappointed if we aren't enquiring at least.

Then of course the unlikely dream that Taylor, Browne and Cadden sign permanently!

Kelly isn’t likely to get a gig elsewhere , he’s small and out of condition and hasn’t done much for a while

Owen Evans impressed in goal at Cheltenham on loan from Wigan. With their financial problems it could be a good chance to bring him in, only 23 and British so fits our usual transfer policy. Only question would be whether he is ready for first team football in L1 yet.

Callum Morton on loan from West Brom. Done brilliantly for Northampton on loan and might want to stay there next season too but would be disappointed if we aren't enquiring at least.

Then of course the unlikely dream that Taylor, Browne and Cadden sign permanently!

Got to agree with Owen Evans, has had an excellent season. Him or Luke Southwood from Reading who has been on loan in Scotland would be great choices within the young catchment.

GK - Owen Evans (Loan)
RB - O'Donnell
CB - Stuart Findlay
RW - Whyte (Loan)
ST - Tyler Walker

George Moncur has under a year left on his contract at Luton and hasn't started games since Christmas.
He often comes on late in a game as a sub.

Decent midfielder and very good on the ball. I would try and get Kelly who again has a lot of ability.

Keep reading we are after Gwion Edwards of Ipswich who is quick but had a disappointing season at Portman Road.

I would think we get two new full backs. Leicester have got an excellent young left back in Luke Thomas
but I doubt he'd get a look in when Ben Chilwell and Christian Fuchs are fit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom