If KR went, who would you want?

unification

Hypothetical question, obviously, as KR is still here, but should he be sacked who would you want to come in? I’ve heard a lot of people say ‘who else is there?’ which is rather defeatist. The same was said when Patterson was struggling and we ended up with CW who did the necessary in getting us up.

Some reasonably realistic names I’ve seen bandied about are Jaap Stam, Micky Flynn and Dan Cowley.

Personally, I’d sound out a bid for John Coleman. Hugely experienced (over 800 matches), can organise a team, works to a budget and plays decent football. His (ahem) big gig at Rochdale didn’t work out, but he’s come back from that stronger. He admitted interest in the Forest Green job a few years ago so there could be scope to lure him away from the north west too.

Funnily enough, I saw his Southport side play Barnet a few years ago. Considering the meagre resources available to him and the limited players he had at his disposal, he made them a difficult to beat, hard-working outfit that lost in the last minute that day. He’s always impressed me with his approach and his ability to create something when he’s got little (financial or personnel) at his disposal.

The fact that he’s got Accrington to where they are is a miracle – and quite frankly we need one right now!

Anyone else got any desired managers on their hitlist?

My initial thought is anyone as long as Gobbo goes, but there are a few decent ones out there, BUT will anyone already in position elsewhere want to join a bottom 2 league 1 team, so that I think narrows the selection process to either out of work managers or aspiring new ones. That means a really good in depth selection process.

There have been claims on social media by people "ITK" that Christian Streich has been lined up by Thohir.

Needs to be taken with a dumper-truck full of salt given that he's spent the past 7 years managing in the Bundesliga!

Paul Hurst hasn’t won a game at Ipswich yet. Will get the bullet soon. He’d be my first choice. Closely followed by Gary Bowyer.

There have been claims on social media by people "ITK" that Christian Streich has been lined up by Thohir.

Needs to be taken with a dumper-truck full of salt given that he's spent the past 7 years managing in the Bundesliga!

LOL
If Streich comes to Oxford I will run from Berlin to Oxford in a Borat mankini.
There's far-fetched and then there's this...

John Colman has just signed a new three year contract I thought. He had a brief time with Rochdale and went back to Accrington. Would be very interesting to see if he can get them to the championship, especially as they started as relegation favourites.
Danny Cowley and his brother I’m sure would be excellent at Oxford but again have recently signed new contracts and were rumoured to be interested in Ipswich.
My personal choice would be Warnock. Cardiff may well get rid if they think their status is in jeopardy which currently looks likely

Considering the absolute mess gobbo is currently making at the moment,. I would take Benny from Crossroads, with Miss Diane as his assistant.
Gobbo out!

The one thing that all OUFC supporters know is that it is very difficult to get a decent manager and it is possible to get worse!
I would think that the criteria would be:
- wants to bring on young player's
- teams play decent football
- is going to develop players
- will get the team out if the bottom 4
- then once that's done go for Promotion.

Easy really ? (not)

Graham Alexander? Did very well with Scunthorpe in this division. Was extremely unfortunate to lose his job IMO. Flying with Salford. Don’t think he would come cheap mind you.

Graham Alexander? Did very well with Scunthorpe in this division. Was extremely unfortunate to lose his job IMO. Flying with Salford. Don’t think he would come cheap mind you.
you or I would be flying with rhe comparative budget they have

The one thing that all OUFC supporters know is that it is very difficult to get a decent manager and it is possible to get worse!
I would think that the criteria would be:
- wants to bring on young player's
- teams play decent football
- is going to develop players
- will get the team out if the bottom 4
- then once that's done go for Promotion.

Easy really ? (not)

The problem there is that KR ticked all those boxes after Pep was given the bullet...just the final point is causing him a teensy bit of a headache.

Lee Mack, better than the last 2 comedians we have appointed

John Colman has just signed a new three year contract I thought. He had a brief time with Rochdale and went back to Accrington. Would be very interesting to see if he can get them to the championship, especially as they started as relegation favourites.
Danny Cowley and his brother I’m sure would be excellent at Oxford but again have recently signed new contracts and were rumoured to be interested in Ipswich.
My personal choice would be Warnock. Cardiff may well get rid if they think their status is in jeopardy which currently looks likely

What’s it like out there on Planet Zog?

You never know. If he goes could be a quick appointment and he’d be keen
More chance than Graham Alexander I would imagine who is in a four year contract and flying high with Salford

If Tiger and his group of ‘investors’ are as ambitious as he keeps promising us then there’s no limits to the calibre of candidate we can attract. We should be looking at successful employed managers surely...

Danny Cowley for me. Seems like an extremely good manager and he has probably taken Lincoln as far as they can go.

Back
Top Bottom