I must be mad...........

Essexyellows

So, been doing this running lark, shifted some spare timber and noticed an increase in stamina and "wellbeing".
I was talking to Mrs EY about it and she said "Lets do something radical then".
She had her second hip done last Summer so has now volunteered/coerced me to do the "Thames Path Hike 2019" from Windsor to Henley................. 26 miles if you follow the river!!
Should anyone wish to chuck a £1 or so in a pot for Macmillan it can be done here: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/teammaloney2019

I`m doubting my sanity..........................
clear.png
clear.png
clear.png
clear.png
:):)
I`ll update how the training is going now and then so you can all have a laugh.(y)

Good luck with that mate. I'm currently training for a May marathon, it's (unsurprisingly) bloody hard work, especially getting up at 6am in the dark on a Saturday...

I'm sure you'll blitz it ? ?

Training update.............. aside from doing ParkRun every Saturday morning we have now started the walk training plan.
Basically a long walk Sunday with 2 or 3 x 4 milers during the week as well as strength & bike work.
Last Sunday was a 7 miler, rest day Monday, 4 miler Tuesday, PT Session Wednesday, 4 Miler Thursday, Rest Friday, walk to & from ParkRun Saturday which will be 6 miles round trip, Sunday looking at 8-9 miles.
Got tired typing that!! ?

Training update.............. aside from doing ParkRun every Saturday morning we have now started the walk training plan.
Basically a long walk Sunday with 2 or 3 x 4 milers during the week as well as strength & bike work.
Last Sunday was a 7 miler, rest day Monday, 4 miler Tuesday, PT Session Wednesday, 4 Miler Thursday, Rest Friday, walk to & from ParkRun Saturday which will be 6 miles round trip, Sunday looking at 8-9 miles.
Got tired typing that!! [emoji1787]

Park Run is great. Would really recommend it to others [emoji1303]

I've never done Park run, despite the Bicester one starting about a quarter of a mile from my front door, but love the idea for new runners. If you are looking to get into it then they are a great place to get inspiration.

Keep up the good work @Essexyellows

My training is getting to the silly levels now, just the 20ml training run on Saturday, before bus into Oxford for some drinks and a walk up the Cowley Road and back again for the Kanadia gig in the evening, going to be sore on Sunday ?

Im up to 40 ParkRuns..... started about a year ago. Mrs EY told me she was volunteering locally on the Friday, so I ran it Saturday....extreme "Couch 2 5k" !!! :) Since then shes had her second hip replacement and now walks it in 50 minutes or so.... (y)

Parkrun times started at 36 mins ++ ............. down to 28 mins and a bit...not bad for an old fat bloke. :LOL:

Saturday 16th March....... walked to Parkrun, done it, walked home about 6.2 miles all round.
Sunday.... 10 miles with Mrs M. 6 mile loop to home, pee and banana stop then a 4 mile loop.

Saturday 23rd March was Parkrun, as we have got all the kit walking to it wasn`t an option!
Compensated for that by trialing a new "long" walk route on Sunday , from home to a nearby country park, loop round the lake and back.
11.8 miles.......... mental note that the nice downhill bit on the way out isn`t as pleasant on the way back.

Theory is increasing each long walk by a mile or so with a shorter walk during the week.

Saturday 30th March.......... Parkrun......... 30 minutes.

Sunday 31st March........ 12.5 miles on the "Long Walk". We`ve sorted out the nutrition and hydration lark so it was more comfortable than last week. Weather has been great which helps no end.

Got home from the walk and thought............ thats about half way !! ??

Back
Top Bottom