I don't like doing this but..........time for change (Appy come home)

Are there any other clubs in the country where fans with banners stating their opinions get threatened or intimidated? Apart from illegal ones, of course.
Have people actually been threatened or intimidated? A number of venues prevent any blanners, flags etc that are abusive or overly political, or even just being too big, and will routinely check them on entry. This is far from threatening or intimidating behaviour.

Just a thought about Nathan's warning not to upset the money men. What can they actually do to us that they are not already doing. Perhaps the ones amongst us with business experience can enlighten us.

We have not been contacted by the club. @Malc was just advising @Shaun Rice to think about any protest posts.

Confirmed. Nothing sinister or bad about @Malc contacting me DM. If fact it’s welcome. I’d rather that than get into trouble. With club or forum mods.
But they (or people at the club) do read this forum and so our voices will be heard... or rather read. So:

ROBINSON OUT!

Exactly, and should accept any message someone choses to put on a flag or banner, without resorting to censorship.

Agreed but if I was to suggest a protest that was in somway seriously offensive or inciting violence then that’s not acceptable.
Lest not lose site of the fact that KR however terrible at his job he is he isn’t a bad person and therefore any protest against him should be fair.

Just a thought about Nathan's warning not to upset the money men. What can they actually do to us that they are not already doing. Perhaps the ones amongst us with business experience can enlighten us.

It baffled me.

Was it Kassam, Tiger or Thoir he was refering too?

It's also not the BBC's job to warn fans that way, especially when Nathan works at the club, he's a lovely lovely bloke by the way. Because of that connection it made the brain fire up that does he know something, a rumour, a whisper - I have no idea, it may have just been a guess.

Personally, Ive always thought that the more Oxford fans push against uncle Firoz, the less likely to budge he is, I've met him a number of times and he certainly seems honorable BUT BUT BUT he's very fierce and I'd say, very likely to hold grudges and be super stubbon if it doesnt affect his bottom line.

Could we be pushing Tiger away by being "mean" ?

Could we disrupting the plans for get Thoir on board by our protests?

The way out of the this is clear. The board, ring OxVox, whoever Jem's equivalent is these days, show them the money. proof of the plans, proof of what the problem is. OxVox would then put out a stand down everyone calming statement and thing settle down.

This issue is we have so much mystery and 2nd guessing no one knows anything.

surely the club don't expect fans to not say anything or vent their anger due to what's happened and the lack of information coming out. seems their attitude is put up and shut up. If ST is worried of critical supporters he's in the wrong business

So Nathan said to not annoy the money men...and KR states this in today’s oxford mail:

Attachments

• 01EF449E-AB1B-44F8-A8F8-7B154DB3D90C.jpeg
    01EF449E-AB1B-44F8-A8F8-7B154DB3D90C.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 46
It baffled me.

Was it Kassam, Tiger or Thoir he was refering too?

It's also not the BBC's job to warn fans that way, especially when Nathan works at the club, he's a lovely lovely bloke by the way. Because of that connection it made the brain fire up that does he know something, a rumour, a whisper - I have no idea, it may have just been a guess.

Personally, Ive always thought that the more Oxford fans push against uncle Firoz, the less likely to budge he is, I've met him a number of times and he certainly seems honorable BUT BUT BUT he's very fierce and I'd say, very likely to hold grudges and be super stubbon if it doesnt affect his bottom line.

Could we be pushing Tiger away by being "mean" ?

Could we disrupting the plans for get Thoir on board by our protests?

The way out of the this is clear. The board, ring OxVox, whoever Jem's equivalent is these days, show them the money. proof of the plans, proof of what the problem is. OxVox would then put out a stand down everyone calming statement and thing settle down.

This issue is we have so much mystery and 2nd guessing no one knows anything.

Which turns into a vicious circle. The less the club say, the more fans fill the gaps.

Still no comment on the latest winding up, with the club stating they have some sort of payment arranged...except we’ve been told that before. It’s becoming incredibly tough to trust the club and the information it puts out.

The Oxford mail releasing the Kassam story at the same time the club release the Mixter one is pretty dubious.

Which turns into a vicious circle. The less the club say, the more fans fill the gaps.

Still no comment on the latest winding up, with the club stating they have some sort of payment arranged...except we’ve been told that before. It’s becoming incredibly tough to trust the club and the information it puts out.

The Oxford mail releasing the Kassam story at the same time the club release the Mixter one is pretty dubious.
Why dubious? You think someone was trying to bury bad news? Which didn't work.....!

So Nathan said to not annoy the money men...and KR states this in today’s oxford mail:

1) who exactly are the money men? It's all too vague.

2) its a direct threat to the fans, which after Mixtergate seems all too divisionary

Are the fans being set up to be scape goats? "Oh poor Tiger, he's stepping away because you were mean to him" When actually Tiger is wiping his brow, thinking thank christ I got out of that cash hole.

Why dubious? You think someone was trying to bury bad news? Which didn't work.....!

Not only bury bad news, but was clearly not written by chris williams....along with driving a wedge between the fans in providing a different account of Flaggate 2.

1) who exactly are the money men? It's all too vague.

2) its a direct threat to the fans, which after Mixtergate seems all too divisionary

Are the fans being set up to be scape goats? "Oh poor Tiger, he's stepping away because you were mean to him" When actually Tiger is wiping his brow, thinking thank christ I got out of that cash hole.

It all points to Thohir in April...however thats just another guesstimation based on the lack of information and strange comments that are being made in the media.

KR also goes on to say how 'the pictures that were painted were not all he thought' - is that criticising DE? Kassam? To me, that just points to bad due diligence.

KR further adds that a lot of other chairmen would have walked away...the insinuation from Nathan, and KR, that we should be thankful Tiger has hung around and at some point some money will arrive.

Its all so muddled

"Don’t fall into a trap where we turn on people who do have the financial clout to be successful one day. "

As has been pointed out this came from Robinson, and he must fear that the fans unhappiness regarding him is equating to pressure to sack him.

The fact is Robinson should have gone in November, now no matter what he should be gone as soon as things are decided one way or another this season. The fact that he is still here reflects badly on Tiger and his ability to run the club today.

And here is the crux of the matter this sunshine tomorrow attitude which is all we have heard has not been substantiated by anything concrete. It is blatantly obvious then that when things go wrong that people will question competency and believably of those promising this bright future. This has been compounded by a number of times when statements have been issued by Tiger and Robinson which have proved for whatever reason to be utterly false.

If Tiger genuinely wants us with him he has to sell us the dream. He has to open up share the plans share the problems. Listen to the fans. Because at the moment whether he and his friends have money or not (that's another question!!!) the club is failing on the pitch and struggling financially.

There will be little comfort in sunshine tomorrow if your house has washed away in the floods today.

"Don’t fall into a trap where we turn on people who do have the financial clout to be successful one day. "

As has been pointed out this came from Robinson, and he must fear that the fans unhappiness regarding him is equating to pressure to sack him.

The fact is Robinson should have gone in November, now no matter what he should be gone as soon as things are decided one way or another this season. The fact that he is still here reflects badly on Tiger and his ability to run the club today.

And here is the crux of the matter this sunshine tomorrow attitude which is all we have heard has not been substantiated by anything concrete. It is blatantly obvious then that when things go wrong that people will question competency and believably of those promising this bright future. This has been compounded by a number of times when statements have been issued by Tiger and Robinson which have proved for whatever reason to be utterly false.

If Tiger genuinely wants us with him he has to sell us the dream. He has to open up share the plans share the problems. Listen to the fans. Because at the moment whether he and his friends have money or not (that's another question!!!) the club is failing on the pitch and struggling financially.

There will be little comfort in sunshine tomorrow if your house has washed away in the floods today.

All of the above could easily be negated by simply sharing some sort of vision/plan where Tiger wants to take the club. Its all good saying 'Premiership' (HA!) but at least with DE we knew he was a venture capitalist, built a player trading model and implemented a strong back room.

The above allowed DE to ride the bad time with MApp because everyone could see the long term plan. This simply isn't the case with Tiger. Noone knows his intentions, how he has made his money, if he is a front for others supplying funds, etc etc.

The fact the club have obviously lied on several fronts further diminishes any understanding the fan base have (I think we have been incredibly tolerant on and off the pitch)

Off tangent, are the players/squad back locally or did they stay up in Northern England for a few days? They stayed in Lancashire after the game on Tuesday.
At the match on Tuesday, was mentioned that the team were staying up north ahead of the Blackpool game, using Liverpool FC's training facilities.

Have people actually been threatened or intimidated? A number of venues prevent any blanners, flags etc that are abusive or overly political, or even just being too big, and will routinely check them on entry. This is far from threatening or intimidating behaviour.

Maybe we should bring very small, beige flags with 'Down with this sort of thing' written in an Arial font (not in bold though!).

At the match on Tuesday, was mentioned that the team were staying up north ahead of the Blackpool game, using Liverpool FC's training facilities.
So at least 4 nights hotel bill for an entire matchday squad and coaching staff - hardly sounds like a club without a pot to p**s in!

Back
Top Bottom