I don't like doing this but..........time for change (Appy come home)

Taff Ewe

I wanted KR to succeed more than any other manager we have had, due to 2 things. He turned MK into a brilliant club from top to bottom......they were a similar model to Southampton, Brighton, Swansea, Bournemouth, etc and that is generally a recipe for getting a club up the leagues and as these examples show it can take you all the way.

The other thing being the passion and honour he has shown for OUFC. We have had too many managers who have paid little attention to our history, Appleton and Wilder included. KR wants to be here for a long time and achieve with us.......almost like a fan. I felt that Appleton did not give us the time that he should have first time around and jumped too soon. Another season with us and he would have got a top top job.

I like what KR has done with youth and generally...........strikers the exception, has built a very good squad. Can't remember many managers hauling the youth through in the same way (apart from when we had no choice).

Unfortunately, we are deep in it and Karl's decision with the strikers he has signed (and let go), is probably one of the biggest mistakes. I made a comment 6 months ago on whether Mackie was a step up from Wes Thomas........and I still question this. Bigger is probably the fact that we had a goalscorer that was never given a chance in Hemmings. He would have scored 2.5 to 3 times more than the strikers we have had. Yes he is lazy, but he is a goalscorer. Then there is the Nicky Maynard thing. He has taken risks with Smith and Sinclair so why not a proven scorer like Maynard? I was baffled at the time by that and even more so now. Wingers, I have to say are brilliant buys on paper and generally have been decent apart from goals and injuries.

I don't like calling for someone to lose his job, especially a decent guy, but we have to turn this around and......if there is absolutely any chance that we could bring back Appleton, then should we really pass up the opportunity? Who knows if or when a chance will come up again. He wants ambition and I believe that Tiger is ambitious. There has been huge investment with the club behind the scenes, even if that is not so prevalent on the pitch.

Sorry Karl, but I have believed up to this point....now my faith has now gone.

Appleton would never come back in a million years. The back room structure of the club is still a shambles (hugely important to him) and the constant winding up shenanigans show that the cash situation is woeful. He rebuilt his profile here and needs to be very, very careful about where he ends up next. This club is simply too risky on every level.

Expect Appleton to take over at Luton in the summer as they prepare for life in the Championship.

Appleton would never come back in a million years. The back room structure of the club is still a shambles (hugely important to him) and the constant winding up shenanigans show that the cash situation is woeful. He rebuilt his profile here and needs to be very, very careful about where he ends up next. This club is simply too risky on every level.

Expect Appleton to take over at Luton in the summer as they prepare for life in the Championship.

Sad to admit it but this is spot on

Still being paid £500k a year by Leicester I believe until the summer. He won’t take another job unless it’s financially lucrative.

The back room structure of the club is still a shambles (hugely important to him)
Surely you're not suggesting that Appleton left because he could see how DE was starting to dismantle what had been built?!

It's really hard to accept, but I think we need to realise a few things and we might feel better. Appleton is not coming back. Tiger isn't going anywhere and Robinson is not going to get sacked. I am usually really positive and I don't call for managers to get the sack, but I'm starting to prepare myself for relegation. The club are in the middle of a PR disaster and as badly run as I can remember.

I wanted him to succeed too.

However he has been an utter failure:
KR league win ratio 23.2% point per game 1.02
Brian Talbot league win ration 22.8% points per game 1.05

He currently rates with Talbot who no one would consider anything other than an utter failure.

I am not sure we can say how much he cares for the club due to nearly everything that comes out of his mouth is utter nonsense, and hyerbole. I think that KR care about and loves KR and that is about it.

I completely disagree regarding the squad. This is one of the most unbalanced squads we have had. There are huge gaps in defense and striker force. Plus many of his players look good on paper but are barely fit, past it, or not proven. To me we are a left back, a right back, a central defender, and 2 strikers short of a decent team never mind a squad. I wouldn't trust KR to buy a newspaper never mind one more player.

Unfortunately to time to ask his head has come and gone (should have been sacked in November). Plus with Tiger litterly seems to have no clue so he can't sack, won't sack this fool nor can he be trusted to replace him.

He left us in the sh*t 2 weeks before the start of the season.

He took the big bucks and moved on, we should also move on!!

KR has won as many league football matches in 33 games this season as David Kemp managed in his 31 game tenure in 2000/2001. And even Kemp managed an away win at Northampton in that period.

It's really hard to accept, but I think we need to realise a few things and we might feel better. Appleton is not coming back. Tiger isn't going anywhere and Robinson is not going to get sacked. I am usually really positive and I don't call for managers to get the sack, but I'm starting to prepare myself for relegation. The club are in the middle of a PR disaster and as badly run as I can remember.

Therefore fans are the only part of the equation that can add a different dimension, either by direct action, protesting en masse or/and chanting for the head of kr during games. But this had to happen as a unit, and not a trickle, and without the wets critising what others are doing to try to stop certain relegation.

We heard of tigers reaction to the upside down protest. Maybe thats his achilles heel that fans need to exploit.

We are now at a precipice, where we go down or use the remaining games to show fan discontent, without predujice.

Interestingly last night banners/flags were checked to ensure they would not enflame the situation at the club.

A few more stats to keep us happy.

Graham Rix league win ratio 23.1% points per game 1.08
Brian Talbot league win ratio 22.8% points per game 1.05
David Kemp league win ratio 21.4% points per game 0.75
Mark Wright league win ratio 21.1% points per game 1.00
Mark Lawrenson league win ratio 16.6% points per game 0.95

KR is right down there with the worst we have ever had and yet he has had more games than any of them!

A few more stats to keep us happy.

Graham Rix league win ratio 23.1% points per game 1.08
Brian Talbot league win ratio 22.8% points per game 1.05
David Kemp league win ratio 21.4% points per game 0.75
Mark Wright league win ratio 21.1% points per game 1.00
Mark Lawrenson league win ratio 16.6% points per game 0.95

KR is right down there with the worst we have ever had and yet he has had more games than any of them!

Awesome! Where's Patto and Pepinho?

Awesome! Where's Patto and Pepinho?
Patto league win ratio 43.1% points per game 1.49
Pep league win ratio 35.3% point per game 1.29

No where near the bottom of the barrel. Although Patto in context was during the conference years where he did have the benefit of the budget.

Pep is interesting inherrited a good setup and team from Apps but never good enough for ambitions then, shows how far we have fallen.

Listening to the RadOx interview with KR after the game last night, I am sure I heard him say something like 'people dont know the amount of stuff I have on my shoulders' (may have misheard him).
Sounded an odd thing to say and Ive been thinking about it since.
Suggested to me that he is doing more than a normal 'football manager' would.

So is the reason that he hasnt been sacked because finding a manager to do all that work is impossible?
Or they would need to recruit a new manager and 3 or 4 other staff members to pick up the slack if he left?

Might explain why he is secure in his job regardless!

I think we can assume he is correct in this to some extent. The club does seem an utter shambles with a poor structure in place. However it could also be that KR doesn't have a clue about delegation or is some form of control freak. Whatever it is he is doing his main job badly. From his point of view if this is really mission impossible I would quit before it ruins my career totally. At this time many would believe he if he was to criticize the structure. However if he gets us relegated that is a mark that could finish him as a manager for some time. At the end of the day the workload is only a partial excuse, the workload did not pick the team last night.

Honestly I just think we need need a Mark Ashton type of person with full authority to oversee the footballing matters of the club. Then a manager who is just that (all be it competent).

Therefore fans are the only part of the equation that can add a different dimension, either by direct action, protesting en masse or/and chanting for the head of kr during games. But this had to happen as a unit, and not a trickle, and without the wets critising what others are doing to try to stop certain relegation.

We heard of tigers reaction to the upside down protest. Maybe thats his achilles heel that fans need to exploit.

We are now at a precipice, where we go down or use the remaining games to show fan discontent, without predujice.

Interestingly last night banners/flags were checked to ensure they would not enflame the situation at the club.
Re last paragraph, Accrington stewards were check away fans flags n banners to ensure there was nothing to 'enflame' oxford united? How would they know what was & wasnt inflamatory/ potentially inflammatory? Or were there (senior -presmumably?) Oufc stewards doing the censorship job on oufc travelling support? What ever happened to freedom of speech? This was still England last time I looked not a third world state run by a paranoid maniacal despot!

I don't think there was any censorship attempted by stewards. One guy had a 'Robinson Out' banner (well, old sheet with crude marker writing) and stewards actually tried to help him find a space to hang it up, but space was too limited.
Glad to hear there wasn't any censorship , cheers for clarifying @Pete Burrett

Back
Top Bottom