Manager/Coach I back KR

So when we go on a winning run again will everyone on here be happy again?! Lol

COYY

Gavin Whyte: Worst case: 2000% profit, best case: 4000% profit.
Real issue: Is our manager able to get the balance right between developing a long term vision and style of play while getting adequate results to keep us competitive in the meantime. Seems to me KR is a romantic and an idealist - that's a great strength but also weakness if left unchecked. The number of very good but injury-prone players we've signed is a good indicator that heart is ruling head. I love visionaries in my team at work, they make stuff happen, but always try to balance that type of character with more level headed pragmatists. Do we have that type of authority at the club? Would KR accept any reduction in his total control? Seems to me we'll either get lucky or repeat last season by waiting until things are so grim we abandon the big vision stuff to survive. KR has loads of strengths and I back him but his MK and Charlton teams had lots of these problems too (remember the stupid tactics he deployed that let us back into the game and grab our 2-3 result a couple of seasons back?) He needs an assistant. An assistant who challenges and stretches him.

As I pointed out they seem to be at Oxford though ! Form and injuries notwithstanding
I understand what you’re saying but I’m sure it was just Whyte wanting an attacking midfield number. As you’ve said Gorrin is 6 although 4 always use to be DM in my day and 6 was a CB. (Pogba wears it at manure)

He needs an assistant. An assistant who challenges and stretches him.
I think we need a regular captain for a start - one who is going to be on the pitch most games and can therefore assume the role with authority. That armband has been passed around like a cheap trollope in a barracks for the last 18 months. We genuinely must have been captained by nearly ten different players since March of last year. Part of me wonders if it’s actually about control and not letting any one player appear too powerful or have too much authority. Cameron Brannagan would be my pick, personally. It’s easy to call someone like Mousinho the captain when you know they’ll be on the bench more often than not - all that leaves is a rotating mess on the actual pitch. Let someone assume the role to help. A good captain is very underrated nowadays. They’re essentially a secondary manager during the game, and if you get the right man for the job you can gain a real advantage. But I also think that’s why Robinson doesn’t appear too keen to let that happen. He wants to do it all himself, I believe.

I think we need a regular captain for a start - one who is going to be on the pitch most games and can therefore assume the role with authority. That armband has been passed around like a cheap trollope in a barracks for the last 18 months. We genuinely must have been captained by nearly ten different players since March of last year. Part of me wonders if it’s actually about control and not letting any one player appear too powerful or have too much authority. Cameron Brannagan would be my pick, personally. It’s easy to call someone like Mousinho the captain when you know they’ll be on the bench more often than not - all that leaves is a rotating mess on the actual pitch. Let someone assume the role to help. A good captain is very underrated nowadays. They’re essentially a secondary manager during the game, and if you get the right man for the job you can gain a real advantage. But I also think that’s why Robinson doesn’t appear too keen to let that happen. He wants to do it all himself, I believe.
back in the days of HUFC transmorphing into OUFC Arthur Turner was officially the manager, many tales from back then point to ('Big') Ron Tank Atkinson, the captain, not only being a real leader on the pitch, but also did most if not all prematch team talks and halftime ones too - if the stories are correct of course... best Captain we ever had IMO, and the best manager we never had

Agree with @RyanioBirdio , Brannagan would be a good choice as team captain

Totally agree re Brannagan.

Tonight’s 5 min Fans Forum featuring KR, this should be interesting considering our present form and our league position.

Not really sure about him to be honest. Talks a lot of s**t. Then then next interview a lot of sense. Rattles on about how much he’s backed by the board. But after 3 transfer windows has us just above the relegation zone... again! Can’t seem to convince players to sign for us but then puts together what looks on paper a good squad. Play fantastic for a few games and then we’ll quite ordinary.
Maybe he’s bipolar

Back
Top Bottom