Manager/Coach I back KR

Listening to Karl again tonight it's clear he is doing his best and admitted he makes mistakes.

We really need to all stand together this season which could be a struggle at times.

The mouthpieces who turn on him and OUR team as soon as things don't go well need to be educated and left in the minority.

Up the U's!

Yes let's patronise any ill-educated tards who dont toe the party line into submission!

Yes let's patronise any ill-educated tards who dont toe the party line into submission!
Or just leave the usual few to wallop in their own misery!

Some of the posters on here are like the loons walking round parliament square with the same tired placards shouting Brexit or Remain! Yes you are entitled to your opinion, and have the right to air it, but don't be surprised if the majority just ignore you and carry on enjoying our day!

I can't believe the change in the last 36 hours or so. On Tuesday I wasn't feeling particularly excited about the new season, but by last evening I was feeling much better. Maybe I am easily pleased, but a bit of decent communication from the club (and meaningful news from the Radio Oxford phone in) a couple of quality signings and new contracts for Rob Dickie and Karl Robinson has made all the difference.

I always think it's best to try to back the manager, but KR really does his best and deserves an new contract. You have to say (although he talks a lot) he does care and he wants to do the best he can do. Bring on Sunderland!

I would have settled for just one decent striker and a centre-back Tbh but whoever throws on the shirt will get my full support whatever.
While I am really pleased that we have got players in, the full devil in the detail of funding them remains, despite the assurances.
We are on a short financial rope that will need careful tweaking, but that is for another day.
We are up and running and this season offers potential. Can’t wait!

Or just leave the usual few to wallop in their own misery!

Some of the posters on here are like the loons walking round parliament square with the same tired placards shouting Brexit or Remain! Yes you are entitled to your opinion, and have the right to air it, but don't be surprised if the majority just ignore you and carry on enjoying our day!

Hang on are we educating these imbeciles or ignoring them?

#Where were you when we were s**t!!! ??

Some of us fools were backing Robinson months ago!!!

I think he's always been a decent manager who cares passionately about this club, works really well with all players from the kids to the first team, and looks to play the game in the right way. He gets frustrated as we all do when results don't come, and can be prone to saying things he regrets. That just makes him human in my eyes and I'd rather have that than have someone who comes out with the usual full management speak.

Injuries killed us at the beginning of last season, and although some of that is down to recruitment it was mostly just very unlucky. Eastwood had barely missed a game for years. Carrathurs had no real injury history. Hall had looked good in preseason. Holmes had played 30+ games the season before and the experts indicated that the injection in his back would be enough to see him through.

But even with the results going down, and the off field problems, Robinson never gave up. I think he needed the public backing from Tiger after the Luton defeat and began to pull things back. There is no denying that the last few months showed what Robbo and his team were really capable of and although he got plenty of credit for that, there are those who have made their minds up on him and won't let go of the past.

His recruitment this summer has been good, as it was in January. He has put the work, and has looked knackered as a result. But listening to his latest interview you can see how much he cares about building something for the future. There are real echoes of MApps first full season and I hope that we replicate his second full season too. But promotion or not, I'm hoping that KR will silence all of the doubters this year with the team that is put out week after week.

So, yes, in summary, I back KR!!! ?

Congratulations Karl Robinson on your new contract. I was one of many calling for you to be sacked in October 2018 and I am glad to be proved wrong. The youth set-up is superb and probably the best I have known in the many years I have supported the club. I think the signings this summer will make us very competitive in the season ahead.

Proof in the pudding with Karl. Last season was an abomination but i think hes come out of it a better manager and i think this is a good move.

It shows some relative stability to have KR sign the contract - leagues away from the chaos of when he was appointed. The only way is up

Back
Top Bottom