How will you vote on Thursday?

Who will you vote for in the EU elections?

• Conservative

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Party

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 42 47.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My fear :
Many will be casting there vote in protest.
Fine BUT We may end up not leaving and end up with a Parliament full of UK MEP’s,the majority of whom want to exit.

The European Parliament may shift anyway if the other Countries' populists gain seats so the UK's Brexit MEPs may be a small issue.

My fear :
Fine BUT We may end up not leaving and end up with a Parliament full of UK MEP’s,the majority of whom want to exit.

We will probably end up electing a lot of Brexit MEP's who aim to be disruptive and do nothing for the people of the UK or our environment.

Yes we will Ian & their job is to help get us out of the EU circus asap. - that will be a hell of lot for everyone!

My fear :
And in reality this would still make not a blind bit of difference. The influence that UKMEPs have in Brussels is equivalent to a very slightly annoyed fly at a barbeque. The majority of decision making is undertaken by the collective grouping of other nations. (who don't like us anyway)

Ah yes, because everyone who is voting for the Brexit Party are doing after a deep period of reflection and rational, logical appraisal and not at all as an emotional reaction to European integration and the fumbling of the Brexit process.

:rolleyes:

Actually the "emotional reaction to European integration and the fumbling of the Brexit process" is the EXACT reason I will vote for the Brexit party.

Loathe him or like him Farage created the first populist party to force ONE issue (UKIP) , our pathetic parliament then gave him the golden opportunity to do exactly the same thing again!!

UKIP (Now) is a bust flush infiltrated by some very odious characters and has lurched so far to the right they can`t be considered by any reasonable person.

Political funding of all parties can be easily seen as "dodgy", rich people buy influence no matter which party you look at.

The referendum was held, the votes were counted but , in this day and age, you can`t have winners or losers so we have a complete and utter stalemate and it is that stalemate that divides the country. It enrages leavers and delivers false hope to remainers.

I hope both major parties are absolutely decimated at these elections and that the message sinks in that the public (on both sides) have had enough.

Just to add to the above, its not "just me" it seems....latest poll I could find on the web......from YouGov

Brexit Party 37%,
Lib Dem 19%,
Lab 13%,
Green 12%,
Con 7%,
Change UK 4%,
UKIP 3%,

SAMPLE SIZE: 3,864 GB adults
WHAT IT SHOWED: This poll will make devastating reading for the Tories on the eve of the European elections. They have slumped on 7% into fifth place behind the Brexit Party, Lib Dems, Labour and the Greens. It is more good news for Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party which is storming ahead on 37% and is comfortably in first place. The poll is also good news for the Liberal Democrats whose unequivocal stance on Brexit is helping their electoral fortunes.

My favourite quote from Lib Dem leader Vincent Cable was “He regretted the result of the Referendum” then he said he “Wants another people’s vote” How many does he want to regret...

Last edited:
The above reflects every poll I've seen in recent days. Absolutely no surprises. Labour & Tories deservedly being crushed, UKIP supported by a few dimwits, Change UK making no impact, LibDems and Greens challenging the Brexit Party / Tory defectors on EU direction.

Brexit Party will have more MEPs than any other party / grouping of parties. But they'll be a toothless protest group unable to influence Brexit, ironically.

They will, but it will be the 2nd time people have voted in favour of leave rather than remain. I really think the same could happen again in a 2nd referendum

Current polling shows two things in essence. There Is very little difference in numbers between those who want to remain/leave and the remain parties should have pushed a unified approach.

I think the result of a second referendum would be very, very close to the first with a marginal win one side of the other.

Ah yes, because everyone who is voting for the Brexit Party are doing after a deep period of reflection and rational, logical appraisal and not at all as an emotional reaction to European integration and the fumbling of the Brexit process.

:rolleyes:

Not only did I not say or suggest that, I actually don't believe it either.

That was very much his point!

Well if the question was "what is tactile rhetoric?" Then the answer is:

'Unassuming, competent and persuasive statements which threaten to convince people that your argument is worth subscribing to.'

The way the question was posed, however, makes me wonder what was actually being asked.

Current polling shows two things in essence. There Is very little difference in numbers between those who want to remain/leave and the remain parties should have pushed a unified approach.

I think the result of a second referendum would be very, very close to the first with a marginal win one side of the other.
And with the lack of acceptance over the last vote being a big enough gap, we'd be stuck in a feedback loop for all ages as loser wouldn't accept this result. If I lost, I wouldn't and I guess many others will take the same mindset.

i voted remain and still believe it’s the best route for the country, however a vote was taken and should be delivered upon.

I’d rather cheese-wire my own face off than vote for Nigel Farage, though.

Going forward, a lifetime of voting Labour is behind me. I shall vote Green in every vote I’m able to. This is due to the fact that they represent the only values that really mean anything significant to the human beings yet to come.

If (big if) there was a second referendum I don`t think it would be anywhere near close as we would get "sold a pigs ear" with the referendum options.

1. Theresa`s "great deal" (that nobody really wants!)

2. Leave on WTO (doom, despondency delivered by the four horseman of the apocalypse).

Hardly a choice.........

If (big if) there was a second referendum I don`t think it would be anywhere near close as we would get "sold a pigs ear" with the referendum options.

1. Theresa`s "great deal" (that nobody really wants!)

2. Leave on WTO (doom, despondency delivered by the four horseman of the apocalypse).

Hardly a choice.........

3. Remain

And in reality this would still make not a blind bit of difference. The influence that UKMEPs have in Brussels is equivalent to a very slightly annoyed fly at a barbeque. The majority of decision making is undertaken by the collective grouping of other nations. (who don't like us anyway)
This is partly correct, it's certainly true that UKIP have had very little affect on the EU parliament. But this is their own choosing by adopting a policy of non engagement in any EU affairs, whether they are in Britain's interests or not.

We have the second largest number of MEPs in the EU, but because ⅓ are UKIP (largest British MEP party 2014) it's incredibly difficult for Britain to get anything through. This is also why a lot of people right of centre feel the EU isn't working for Britain.

If we'd had MEPs that reflected our domestic politics, things might have been different

Back
Top Bottom