How to complete the season

Sunderland and Ipswich are the two sides who have played the most games in L1 this season - 36 each - and neither of them is in the top six despite having played two fixtures more than some of their nearest competitors, let alone one. That doesn’t change no matter what method is used to complete the points tally, be it PPG weighted or otherwise. So if they get their way and there is some sort of extended playoffs - which we are backing in the event that all fixtures can’t be concluded, I might add - where all teams down to tenth get the chance to compete, it is an absolute farce.

Can someone please post up the weighted PPG table, so we can see who is in the playoff spots as it stands....Ta

Thanks both - so the SFs would be Oxford v Wycombe and Fleetwood v Peterborough...

This would keep McAnthrobus happy, but exclude Pompey, Sunderland and Ipswich, who are the other three in the rebel six... aah diddums!

The only concern with this is the prospect of some supporters travelling up/down the M40 to loiter outside grounds, which could cause issues with the police etc

Re: L2 - I think Stevenage and Macc may get away with no relegation, as getting a six-way playoff organised in the National League may prove a complex issue - so I expect just Barrow to come up to replace Bury.... but as L2 are planning to hold their playoffs, then hopefully Southend and Bolton can be relegated as they deserve..

Sounds like this is an indicative vote rather than a 100% finalised outcome. EFL and The FA would have to ratify it and I guess the EFL aren't going to do that until L1 has come to an agreement!

BBC Sports reports
"League Two's season has been brought to an early conclusion following discussions between clubs and the English Football League.
The final table will be decided using a points-per-game method, but promotion and relegation has yet to be finalised."

Ian Abrahams, the broadcaster is suggesting that 20 of the 24 clubs said there should be NO relegation.

L1 clubs to discuss again on Monday.

No relegation. Why are clubs allowed to vote? They are OBVIOUSLY going to vote in their own interests. It should be decided by an unbiased panel. Madness.

Thanks both - so the SFs would be Oxford v Wycombe and Fleetwood v Peterborough...

This would keep McAnthrobus happy, but exclude Pompey, Sunderland and Ipswich, who are the other three in the rebel six... aah diddums!

The only concern with this is the prospect of some supporters travelling up/down the M40 to loiter outside grounds, which could cause issues with the police etc

Re: L2 - I think Stevenage and Macc may get away with no relegation, as getting a six-way playoff organised in the National League may prove a complex issue - so I expect just Barrow to come up to replace Bury.... but as L2 are planning to hold their playoffs, then hopefully Southend and Bolton can be relegated as they deserve..

How would the other relegation spot from League 1 be decided?

The whole thing has been an absolute joke and shown up again how bloody useless the games rule makers are. Brian Lee et al were super quick to apply the rulebook after a missed fax in our case, but after so many weeks where its been blatant play would not resume, it feels like it is in the hands of egos like McAnthony whose expensively assembled team should be miles clear at the top in any case.

Useless.

How would the other relegation spot from League 1 be decided?
Generally, I'm against the idea of PPG deciding relegation, especially when it is down to a couple of points, but just want to make sure there is an exception for Southend and Bolton as they are majorly detached and do not deserve another go in L1 next term.

So if our season can’t be finished, which I don’t think it will be, the play offs will be

Oxford v Portsmouth
Wycombe v Fleetwood

Back
Top Bottom