How to complete the season

They’re spinning it out till everyone has totally lost interest

Already lost for me... gave it up weeks ago. Whatever is decided, it just won’t feel the same anyway.

For that matter, I’ve written off the year 2020 in its entirety regardless of what happens on a football pitch.

Last edited:
The athletic are reporting league 1 and 2 could be resolved as early as Monday or Tuesday. The apparent favoured approach is the weighted points per game which would see Coventry 1st, Rotherham 2nd and us 3rd.

Isn't a vote a bit ridiculous in these circumstances...With every team protecting their own interests?

It's like when Karen Brady came out straight away and said the premier league should be null and void....

Isn't a vote a bit ridiculous in these circumstances...With every team protecting their own interests?

It's like when Karen Brady came out straight away and said the premier league should be null and void....
Is the FL voting like the EU whereby it needs full support or just a majority?

In fairness if the season is to end, it should end as it is now. Otherwise you risk a club in 8th moving up to 3rd and get promoted!

Positions at the end of a season are not based on PPG, so this situation should follow.

If clubs are voting on a simple PPG or weighted PPG scenario, then I’d like to think it would go in our favour. Surely clubs who would be looking for promotion next season - whenever that is - would rather us be out of the way than Wycombe.

In my opinion football has to work backwards from next summer. Football this season will hinge on when next season can start and then have a cut off point once that is established.

Politicians are very soon going to have to choose between easing the lockdown earlier than they would like, risking thousands of extra infections, or keeping the lockdown until there is a vaccine for all and killing the economy. An impossible dilemma, as we have discussed many times, but I think we know where the most votes lie.Football will probably therefore be back relatively quickly in some form whether we like it or not.
If we keep the lock down in place we substitute corona virus deaths for other deaths (search links between recession and increase deatha).

Killing the economy also kills the NHS via reduction in tax revenue. There is a tipping point where non corona deaths outweighs corona and where simply there isnt enough money to sustain the health system.

The whole industry has been shown up for what it is and it's main Goal

it has been clear for weeks that a decision was needed quickly not just about this current season but next also, instead all they come across as trying to do is squeeze every drop of ££££££ and invent new rules to enable them to do that..If you don't agree to play on a neutral ground we will vote for relegation etc etc words led by self interest.

it has just become boring and tedious but nothing will have been learned from any of this as you can be sure that going forward it's always going to be the me me me attitude as with many in society.

Sport don't make laugh.

The athletic are reporting league 1 and 2 could be resolved as early as Monday or Tuesday. The apparent favoured approach is the weighted points per game which would see Coventry 1st, Rotherham 2nd and us 3rd.

If true that will P**s Wyscumb off

oh and Pompey, Sunderland and the Posh even better?

Football in Korea is back. I have a soft spot for Ulsan Hyundai

All 1,142 K-League players, coaches and club staff were tested for Covid-19 last week. All the tests were negative.

Players will use personal water bottles during the match. Each bottle has a label with their name on it.

All staff will wear masks on the bench. And all players will get temperature checks to enter the stadium.

This will not happen today but some K League clubs will use the stadium sound speaker to cheer on players. Recorded sound effects will be played during the match. Players can hear fans cheering if they score.

Whoever goes up it’s going to be hollow, no promotion party and it’s undeserved, it’s not a proper promotion. Then probably one season losing most games in the championship but without the pleasure of actually being their and getting to visit some new/long ago grounds with a good chance of getting relegated at the end.

It’s not exactly how I imagined returning to championship level football after 20 plus years away, the only people who seem to be excited about the prospect on social media are High Wycombe, which says a lot.

Football in Korea is back. I have a soft spot for Ulsan Hyundai

All 1,142 K-League players, coaches and club staff were tested for Covid-19 last week. All the tests were negative.

Players will use personal water bottles during the match. Each bottle has a label with their name on it.

All staff will wear masks on the bench. And all players will get temperature checks to enter the stadium.

This will not happen today but some K League clubs will use the stadium sound speaker to cheer on players. Recorded sound effects will be played during the match. Players can hear fans cheering if they score.
Theres a live game from the K league on the BBC sport website as we speak. All feels a bit hollow, empty stadium and everyone on the bench in facemasks.

Theres a live game from the K league on the BBC sport website as we speak. All feels a bit hollow, empty stadium and everyone on the bench in facemasks.

Thats why I seriously feel the appeal of football will be limited until its safe to have crowds back.

Thats why I seriously feel the appeal of football will be limited until its safe to have crowds back.
I was initially quite excited but soon lost interest. Its got a soulless feel about it and one cant help feeling the participants are being put at an unnecessary risk.

Whoever goes up it’s going to be hollow, no promotion party and it’s undeserved, it’s not a proper promotion. Then probably one season losing most games in the championship but without the pleasure of actually being their and getting to visit some new/long ago grounds with a good chance of getting relegated at the end.

It’s not exactly how I imagined returning to championship level football after 20 plus years away, the only people who seem to be excited about the prospect on social media are High Wycombe, which says a lot.
It's a hollow victory, but a victory.

I don't know how to feel about it really. Obviously happy if we do get promoted, and it gives us a much better chance of keeping our top players. But with no 'promotion' moment it feels a little hollow, and if there aren't going to be any crowds for a while, we wouldn't be able to compete financially at all with any of the Championship clubs, as I doubt we'd have the finances to improve the squad significantly. There's a reason why clubs like Barnsley and Rotherham yoyo, and next season won't be the right conditions for us to buck the trend.

Back
Top Bottom