How to complete the season

Wasn't the cumulative income from ALL of our cup runs and associated TV money this year about 1m? How can you say 700k is 'not a lot'?

Also not sure why you feel entitled to even more of the PL's income. As the majority of that money comes from broadcasting rights deals, those clubs could quite legitimately argue that that money is being paid for the right to watch THEM play - not teams in League One.
700k is a lot for a small club like ours and that’s swallowed up by our rent and service charge. So the premiershit can have it all yes they get more tv rights but shame on the FA and the Govt For not getting involved knowing half the EFL could be out of buisness as a result of this pandemic, that obviously being bother 2 team wankersnas they can watch their 2nd team while their local team they’ve supposedly supported are no more and the premiershit getting richer and think f**k all about the grass roots. A dip into their financialA and help or at least try and help the grass root football clubs

That amount is swallowed up by Kassam so our actual reliable income is not that significant, now if those greedy gits in the premiership give up 5 million if there 120 million towards the EFL with better percentage split rather than the current one then it wouldn’t be the answer to all the problems facing the EFL but would go a long way. So what is dished out which is approximately 4.5% per club is not that significant.

It is a significant amount of money for US and many lower league clubs. Should the FL give money to National Lg clubs as a solidarity payment and them give one to the Northern Premier, Southern Lg etc? And that a lot of ours gets eaten up by rent for the Kasstad is nothing to do with the PL and everything to do with the high rent we pay.

It is a significant amount of money for US and many lower league clubs. Should the FL give money to National Lg clubs as a solidarity payment and them give one to the Northern Premier, Southern Lg etc? And that a lot of ours gets eaten up by rent for the Kasstad is nothing to do with the PL and everything to do with the high rent we pay.
I know our situation had nothing to do with those tosses in the premiershit but with the greed and all that’s s**t the premiershit have over the years lorded it over the EFL, you might think that they may help the lower grass root clubs and save them from possibly going out of business and with Kassam still charging us full rent then we could be a victim. But hey if the tv companies reclaim the money they’ve paid to the premiershit in advance of their tv rights and so forth s**t a lot of raleams will struggle big time never know the greedy owners may seek thei clubs and save huge losses l, not that any same person would want to purchase an buisness with that financial model. And I wouldn’t worry about mike Ashley possibly not being able to sell because of ho wants to but it, then that greedy c**t can suffer and I will laugh.

I know our situation had nothing to do with those tosses in the premiershit but with the greed and all that’s s**t the premiershit have over the years lorded it over the EFL, you might think that they may help the lower grass root clubs and save them from possibly going out of business and with Kassam still charging us full rent then we could be a victim. But hey if the tv companies reclaim the money they’ve paid to the premiershit in advance of their tv rights and so forth s**t a lot of raleams will struggle big time never know the greedy owners may seek thei clubs and save huge losses l, not that any same person would want to purchase an buisness with that financial model. And I wouldn’t worry about mike Ashley possibly not being able to sell because of ho wants to but it, then that greedy c**t can suffer and I will laugh.

Sorry Bazzer but I'm struggling to understand some of that. But on the top bit, on the same basis we should be supporting National Lg clubs and them clubs below, etc.

And if I understand correctly what else you've written then this could see PL clubs' go to the wall as many lose big money (it seems to be Managers, Players and Agents who make the big money out of football at the top end). The majority of owners seem to spend a lot of money rather than make it.

Sorry Bazzer but I'm struggling to understand some of that. But on the top bit, on the same basis we should be supporting National Lg clubs and them clubs below, etc.

And if I understand correctly what else you've written then this could see PL clubs' go to the wall as many lose big money (it seems to be Managers, Players and Agents who make the big money out of football at the top end). The majority of owners seem to spend a lot of money rather than make it.
The owners do Max Denim did with Bournemouth but now when has said they’ve got to do basically what we have to do and sell to survive, their are people moaning but no matter how much you have spending above 100million is a lot irrespective if you got a few 100 million more in your bank. Yes off course the National League have to be helped and that comes from the EFL as well I believe so they would have to have some help, I’m afraid some of those clubs won’t be around when the league starts again.
As regards some of PL clubs going to the wall, maybe after this is all over all the FA’s around the world should get together and sort out a wage cap to prevent things that may happen as a result of this virus.

Promotions decided on ‘sporting merit’..? What the hell does that mean? Based on reputation and history? Let me be the first to congratulate Ipswich and Bolton then.. ?

‘Sporting merit’ is so vague, but likely to mean ‘points per game’ to decide finishing places if the season cannot be completed.

Promotionns only with no relegations.

No fans in stadiums until beginning 2021 earliest.

‘Sporting merit’ is so vague, but likely to mean ‘points per game’ to decide finishing places if the season cannot be completed.

Promotionns only with no relegations.

No fans in stadiums until beginning 2021 earliest.
Without meaning to go all ‘yin and yang’ I dont really like the idea of having promotions without relegations. It would throw everything out of balance and, in my view, ruin the integrity of the next season of competition.

Without meaning to go all ‘yin and yang’ I dont really like the idea of having promotions without relegations. It would throw everything out of balance and, in my view, ruin the integrity of the next season of competition.

Also, how would it help fixture congestion if we resume proper in January or similar? League seasons would be much longer than normal with less time to play them.

Completely agree with you. It’s either fair to sort out both promotion and relegation under some agreed ppg system or neither.

Can’t see why anyone should go up for finishing third either, that position only gets you into the playoffs so why should it be different because you have played less games?

If you can’t finish a season by a reasonable time, and you haven’t sorted out a way of settling it before that season started then that season is null and void, that’s the only fair way to do it.

Concentrate on next season and put rules in place in case this happens again.

Completely agree with you. It’s either fair to sort out both promotion and relegation under some agreed ppg system or neither.

Can’t see why anyone should go up for finishing third either, that position only gets you into the playoffs so why should it be different because you have played less games?

If you can’t finish a season by a reasonable time, and you haven’t sorted out a way of settling it before that season started then that season is null and void, that’s the only fair way to do it.

Concentrate on next season and put rules in place in case this happens again.
I just think you need to move some teams around to make the next season, whenever it is , more interesting. Though we'd probably be happy to watch Forest Green or Barrow just to see football!

I for one am pissed off how the powers that be talk about teams below the championship are different to the rest as if we are not worth it . Yes of course we have to be safe but that also applies to those above us, please show us clubs and fans the same respect. Sorry rant over stay safe everyone. COYYS.

This has made us all have to reevaluate.

If you are used to pulling strings at the top of the football pyramid and are used to making vast amounts of cash, then suddenly you have to come to terms with the fact that you are no longer essential. Doctors, nurses, delivery folk, shop workers, street sweepers, bin men and women etc are running the country now. Things will never be the same again in this country whilst Im alive.... and Im glad.

Elite football players on 200k a week?! Its preposterous and deep down we all know it.
75.00 to watch a game of premier league football.....joke!!!
OUFC players on over 2K a week to play a sport in tier 3!!!! Outrageous.

I love my footy but I don't see it as essential. I understand that footballers need to be paid accordingly. Perhaps they only have a 10 year career which means the elite players need to earn 4 x what my wage is. Bloody hell, even 10 x what my wage is I could swallow but 200k a week!!!

Im not sat here blaming the players. Its just that wages will determine what my family and have to pay to watch a non essential piece of entertainment.

The power has shifted. Every OUFC player will now be privileged to receive a wage at the end of this. We have a cracking team and when it starts up again I expect a big push for promotion.

COYY!!!!

If you are used to pulling strings at the top of the football pyramid and are used to making vast amounts of cash, then suddenly you have to come to terms with the fact that you are no longer essential. Doctors, nurses, delivery folk, shop workers, street sweepers, bin men and women etc are running the country now. Things will never be the same again in this country whilst Im alive.... and Im glad.

Elite football players on 200k a week?! Its preposterous and deep down we all know it.

I love my footy but I don't see it as essential. I understand that footballers need to be paid accordingly. Perhaps they only have a 10 year career which means the elite players need to earn 4 x what my wage is. Bloody hell, even 10 x what my wage is I could swallow but 200k a week!!!

Im not sat here blaming the players. Its just that wages will determine what my family and have to pay to watch a non essential piece of entertainment.

The power has shifted. Every OUFC player will now be privileged to receive a wage at the end of this. We have a cracking team and when it starts up again I expect a big push for promotion.

COYY!!!!

Power of the masses. If everyone stopped paying silly money for sky sports and pay per view subscriptions, stopped going to games charging stupid ticket prices, gave up on needing the massively expensive club shirts and merchandise and all the corporate elite stopped eating pawn sandwiches etc, then maybe things would change.

Unfortunately, I don’t see it.

COYY!!!!
We have a good team because the owners are paying the wages to get the better players here, that might add to the club debt who knows.
Are your expectations based on the wages you think are to high?

Back
Top Bottom