How to complete the season

As for the season, I’m more convinced than ever that this country is never letting go of this season. That European countries are already starting to end it and an increasing number are now talking about coming to a group decision just makes me think it’s even more likely that we are going to go the other way. Surely to God nobody can justify carrying this on any longer?

Aye, I reckon you could be right. The sense of English exceptionalism has blighted many things over the past years and I suspect it could be the case in football, too.

Realistically, I think it increasingly unlikely this season can be finished. We're into May tomorrow, so there just won't be time. It's how things are sorted that needs to be decided now.

I still think that halting the season but not awarding any titles and promotions and not relegating anyone is the least worst option, but that's just an opinion.

The French & Dutch Leagues are financially much smaller money making machines than the English Premier League is. My guess is EPL will be much more influenced by what the Spanish, Italian and perhaps more importantly the German leagues do.

Having said that the EPL does appear to be hell bent on completing the season regardless of the consequences.

I can see the Leagues 1 & 2 eventually voiding the season, possibly the Championship too.

Sadly whatever happens I think it’s inevitable that several historic EFL & Non- League clubs will go bankrupt.

FL could do an exclusive deal for coverage with just one media outlet, just for example say quest. I bet a significant deal that would benefit ALL FL clubs could be done which would give all access to some better levels of media income.

All pie in the sky I know, better than being the afterthought in media terms that currently exists!

Yes and £700k is not a lot really, really?? Taking that away would have quite an impact on our budget I reckon.
That amount is swallowed up by Kassam so our actual reliable income is not that significant, now if those greedy gits in the premiership give up 5 million if there 120 million towards the EFL with better percentage split rather than the current one then it wouldn’t be the answer to all the problems facing the EFL but would go a long way. So what is dished out which is approximately 4.5% per club is not that significant.

Bury went bust over about one quarter of what our cut of it is. It’s a lot of money, especially when cash flow is zero. Debt can’t be serviced without cash flow.

The PL imploding kills us all.
And the premiership could give more the greedy bastards

Sorry if already posted, but it's clear that we should just take the first result of the season against each opposition team and create a league table from those 22 games.
That is a bloody bonkers way of settling it, but obviously with us going straight up under this system, I'm all in favour ?

Wasn't the cumulative income from ALL of our cup runs and associated TV money this year about 1m? How can you say 700k is 'not a lot'?

Also not sure why you feel entitled to even more of the PL's income. As the majority of that money comes from broadcasting rights deals, those clubs could quite legitimately argue that that money is being paid for the right to watch THEM play - not teams in League One.

With the Mayor of Liverpool worried that thousands would still turn up for games played behind closed doors, with the position our club is in, how many, if any, Oxford fans would still travel to home or away games with no prospect of getting into the ground? This of course would compromise social distancing, but would the hope of this winning run continuing with an away win, with us third entice people to grounds?

Back
Top Bottom