How to complete the season

Fools never differ!

Would we honestly want footballers tested ahead if the NHS, Police, Prison Officers and Carers who are working every day with those who are dying from this virus?

We talk about the money from Sky killing the game, with it's pampered millionaire footballers, but this would be the sickest joke going.
We could leave them out, couldn't we? :ROFLMAO:

Only joking!

Maybe I'm a little sensitive as I am currently working somewhere with confirmed cases of covid-19, with little in the way of PPE, and very little chance of self isolating! My mental wellbeing, and that of the vast majority of essential workers will improve when our lives, and the lives of our loved ones, are no longer at risk.

Football is just a game, and although I am passionate about it and our club, I really think it is beyond stupidity to think that a few games behind closed doors will solve all our wows.

When it is safe to return, for everyone, then let's bring it back and support our team in greater numbers than before. But until then please put things into a little perspective?
stay safe

Why is is beyond stupidity to suggest that playing games behind closed doors could not be a solution to finishing this season? When we reach the Govenment's third stage of the Covid 19 stategy (mitigation) it is unlikely that it will allow mass gatherings such as football crowds to happen immediately. This is because of the expeience of countries such as South Korea who eased off too quickly and saw an uptick in new cases. Therefore they are likely to plan a phased return to normality, hence my suggestion. Since many have suggested mid May to early June as the likely timimg of the change to the mitigation phase, there would be enough time to complete the season without the need to jeopdise the following season. It is likely that the actual timing will be heavily influenced by the experiences of Italy, Spain and other European countries who are already seeing a decline in the number of new cases and are likely to be able to ease restrictions two to three weeks ahead of the UK.

I have done the calculations and Wycombe have 17 points from 16 games at an average of 1.066 giving them a further 6.396from away games and a further 9.332 from their 4 home games giving them a further 15.728 points. We would get a further 15.917 points.
Nobody will know for certain though at this although I reckon my calculations would need to be at least 6% out to be wrong.
This is 1 of many methods available but is the fairest way to do it.
It works out as:
Coventry
Rotherham 78
Oxford 75.85
Fleetwood 75
Peterborough 75
Portsmouth 74.66
Wycombe 72.03
Sunderland 71

Job done...

Why is is beyond stupidity to suggest that playing games behind closed doors could not be a solution to finishing this season? When we reach the Govenment's third stage of the Covid 19 stategy (mitigation) it is unlikely that it will allow mass gatherings such as football crowds to happen immediately. This is because of the expeience of countries such as South Korea who eased off too quickly and saw an uptick in new cases. Therefore they are likely to plan a phased return to normality, hence my suggestion. Since many have suggested mid May to early June as the likely timimg of the change to the mitigation phase, there would be enough time to complete the season without the need to jeopdise the following season. It is likely that the actual timing will be heavily influenced by the experiences of Italy, Spain and other European countries who are already seeing a decline in the number of new cases and are likely to be able to ease restrictions two to three weeks ahead of the UK.

The point about testing footballers at a time when frontline emergency workers are not being tested is stupid. We are several weeks off any restrictions on lockdown, and probably months away from any sense of normality. The idea that we could throw together a few games to tidy up this season without the footballing world looking ridiculously selfish is insane.

The point about testing footballers at a time when frontline emergency workers are not being tested is stupid. We are several weeks off any restrictions on lockdown, and probably months away from any sense of normality. The idea that we could throw together a few games to tidy up this season without the footballing world looking ridiculously selfish is insane.
I guess that the testing comment was on the assumption that there are more than 100k per day which should be happening in a few weeks time?

I guess that the testing comment was on the assumption that there are more than 100k per day which should be happening in a few weeks time?

I am suggesting this happens in 9-10 weeks time by which the Government are aiming to be testing at 250,000 a week. Not now obviously! The rate of new indections is also likely to be very much lower than it is today.

It will cost the PL £762m if they don't finish the season.

So what?
And at what price in terms of dead people?
Suddenly "money" doesn`t matter and lots of spreadsheets are being reset to zero.
This is Global and could just as easily come back quickly and everything we are currently doing will be for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom