How to complete the season

Press pause on your sky sports subscription will some of us some money at least ,just wait till Sky & BT ask for a portion of their money back we will soon have the bigger clubs crying as they can't afford the overpaid primadonnas of the premier league .

Just read thar Spurs ‘non playing’ staff being asked to take a pay cut !! No mention about the multi millionaire players though ??

It makes my blood boil.

Newcastle (well Mike t**t Ashley) have furloughed all the none playing staff so they get to claim the 80%. Sure he must be down to the last few million............

Each club could send their best tossers to Wembley for a day of Tossing to see who is relegated, promoted & eventually champions!!
Swindon would win every game though, as would Fleetwood if they sent their manager along.

Just read thar Spurs ‘non playing’ staff being asked to take a pay cut !! No mention about the multi millionaire players though ??

It makes my blood boil.
Chance for one of their players to become a club legend then, and pick up the bill for the extra.

?
Wuhan seriously started closing down around 22 January . Thd first death was announced on 11 January.
The easing of the restrictions started a few days ago. So 2.5 months?
I agree that schools wont open until September.
I would bet that these restrictions are not in for 6 months though.
There will I suspect be an washing of restrictions (not a return to normal life) in a few weeks.
Depending on whether the virus keeps returning for not (nobody knows) will depend on whether further restrictions are required later in the year (until a vaccine is found)?

an washing of restrictions (not a return to normal life) in a few weeks??
You really think some restrictions will be lifted in a few weeks, at the peak of the virus, predicted for a few weeks time?
Sounds like a Trump'esque prediction.

Pause the season now with no promotion or relegation.

Restart next season in the normal way but with the starting point being where teams are placed now.

Throughout next season claw back the unplayed games and make capacity by scrapping tin pot and EFL cup.

Any player changes in the summer would be no different to the January transfer window.

No one could argue that they have been disadvantaged. Teams at the top get the opportunity to continue their promotion push and teams at the bottom get the opportunity to fight their way out of relegation.
Excuse my ignorance, maybe I've been stuck indoors for too long, but I'm confused!

Are you suggesting we start next season, as a new season, but with all teams in their current positions, on their current points, games played, goal difference etc, and just fit the completion of those 10-12 games left from this season, into the full fixture list for next season, meaning scrapping the cup competitions, to accommodate a total of 46 league games next season, PLUS the remaining 10-12 games of this season, with an overall total of 92 games played over the 2 seasons?

Pedantic I know but 44 games next season, total 88 games. No replacement for Bury.

Excuse my ignorance, maybe I've been stuck indoors for too long, but I'm confused!

Are you suggesting we start next season, as a new season, but with all teams in their current positions, on their current points, games played, goal difference etc, and just fit the completion of those 10-12 games left from this season, into the full fixture list for next season, meaning scrapping the cup competitions, to accommodate a total of 46 league games next season, PLUS the remaining 10-12 games of this season, with an overall total of 92 games played over the 2 seasons?

yep.... why not?

Amalgamating 2 seasons into one can’t be any more damaging than just writing off a complete season as null and void or finishing this season to the detriment of not having a season next year.

Based on this seasons points tally, teams would have earned the right to start next season in an advantageous position.

yep.... why not?

Amalgamating 2 seasons into one can’t be any more damaging than just writing off a complete season as null and void or finishing this season to the detriment of not having a season next year.

Based on this seasons points tally, teams would have earned the right to start next season in an advantageous position.
The main why not would be: that is a lot of games to fit into a season which may not even get going until September or even October and then may even have another CV inspired break over the winter and which has a European championship at the end of it.

Why not just finish this season when we can, even if it's after the official start of next season with all contracts extended to cover the matches left this season. Then for next season, no league games just series of cup competitions (the League & FA Cup as normal as they can be) plus a one off special with all the teams from top 5 divisions (including Conference), with 50% of proceeds from games going into variety of charities to help local communities to rebuild from what is, & will be, unprecedented times which will leave some areas struggling for years to come.

Why not just finish this season when we can, even if it's after the official start of next season with all contracts extended to cover the matches left this season. Then for next season, no league games just series of cup competitions (the League & FA Cup as normal as they can be) plus a one off special with all the teams from top 5 divisions (including Conference), with 50% of proceeds from games going into variety of charities to help local communities to rebuild from what is, & will be, unprecedented times which will leave some areas struggling for years to come.
What? Lose all of next season!? So what would the club live on? That sounds really boring as well.

I would cancel the league cup, cancel the checkaleasingdon'tcare trophy too. That space will give leagues the time to proceed. The European place can go to a team in the Premier League based on finish

yep.... why not?

The main why not would be: that is a lot of games to fit into a season which may not even get going until September or even October and then may even have another CV inspired break over the winter and which has a European championship at the end of it.

I appreciate that there is an increase in games being squeezed into a season but were are talking about an additional 9/10 games and removing tin pot/efl... that is not a significant difference.

Someone may have the numbers, but I am sure many premiership teams play up to 55 games a season.

Obviously I would love the season to finish but it looks unlikely and to just make it null and void seems the most unfair answer.

Back
Top Bottom