How to complete the season

The Premier League should dosh out an extra solidarity payment, perhaps a quarter of the current annual amount in each division? and review again in April. This won't work for everyone, some clubs run with much smaller overheads than others. But at least it's a start.

The Premier League should dosh out an extra solidarity payment, perhaps a quarter of the current annual amount in each division? and review again in April. This won't work for everyone, some clubs run with much smaller overheads than others. But at least it's a start.
A minimum 20% from each club to the EFL to dole out to clubs accordingly, yes some clubs will get more than others but clubs with the sort of income Thanet have coming in the larger clubs would get help but not clubs who rely on footfall to survive.

Having said that I haven’t seen a post yet but if there is one then apologises in advance..............
does anyone have an inkling on whether uncle Firoz is helping the club at all?

Nice idea and as they apparently have a 1.5 billion slush fund, it would be excellen.
but they won’t.

Why would he? If we went bust he would be clear to cash in on all that lovely housing potential.
That’s why I asked but with the announcement from the chancellor we should be able to ask for help if as has been said by PUFC we will lose about 500k due to games not being played at home for the remainder of this season

So the aim is to finish the season by the end of June. Not happening (in my uneducated opinion).

And if it's not - void? ?

Well in L1 some teams have 10 games to play plus potentially two playoff semis and a playoff final. Even if they could arrange the playoffs that quickly (played behind closed doors to avoid ticketing issues?) and played Saturday/Tuesday that is 7 weeks. Count back from the end of June and you'd have to start in mid-May at the very very latest. Seems unlikely unless the players are deliberately infected en masse now so that they are all recovered by then.
You're right. Won't happen.

Well in L1 some teams have 10 games to play plus potentially two playoff semis and a playoff final. Even if they could arrange the playoffs that quickly (played behind closed doors to avoid ticketing issues?) and played Saturday/Tuesday that is 7 weeks. Count back from the end of June and you'd have to start in mid-May at the very very latest. Seems unlikely unless the players are deliberately infected en masse now so that they are all recovered by then.
Not gonna happen. If there is an attempt to complete the season, they should start by abolishing the playoffs though.

So the aim is to finish the season by the end of June. Not happening (in my uneducated opinion).

And if it's not - void? ?

Yep, there's going to be a lot of wishful thinking about 30th June coming from the clubs, but we're in a situation where the football authorities can't take decisions for themselves. Football is connected to the wider world.
It will take a very sudden downturn in the pandemic to allow for seasons to be completed by 30th June.

Apparently the euros were cancelled to allow the leagues to finish. 42B57D23-93B7-4969-A496-54A515F56D38.jpeg

Unless laws are changed.
Indeed that is possible. But the government will probably have enough on its plate than legislate on football politics!
I reckon they the leagues will do everything possible to try and avoid the likelihood of legal.issues.

Well they should Mark.
But even some of the PL revenues are threatened and they will probably be worried more about their shareholders than the lower leagues!

I think the football world is in a state of denial and self-delusion to be honest. I can't see how there will be any football this summer, and I wouldn't be surprised if next season didn't start on time either. I don't think people realise how bad it's going to get. The current modelling suggests that the absolute best case scenario is tens of thousands of deaths in the UK, but more likely it'll go into the hundreds of thousands. This is very likely going to be the defining catastrophe of this century.

I think the football world is in a state of denial and self-delusion to be honest. I can't see how there will be any football this summer, and I wouldn't be surprised if next season didn't start on time either. I don't think people realise how bad it's going to get. The current modelling suggests that the absolute best case scenario is tens of thousands of deaths in the UK, but more likely it'll go into the hundreds of thousands. This is very likely going to be the defining catastrophe of this century.
I am not sure about that.
The government are suggesting that deaths if 20,000 could be as good as can be hoped for but I am not sure where you get ' hundreds of thousands' from.

I am not sure about that.
The government are suggesting that deaths if 20,000 could be as good as can be hoped for but I am not sure where you get ' hundreds of thousands' from.
It was estimated at around 250k deaths from the virus but the government want t try and keep it to 20k

Back
Top Bottom