How to complete the season

IMO there's only 4 things of any real note to come out of Belgium ... Stella Artois, Belgian chocolate, the cross channel ferries .... and an honourable mention to Plastic Bertram :sneaky:
Rene Magritte.

Turns out Son has been allowed back to Korea so as to get his military training out of the way, which won’t start until the end of April and is set to take around a month. So that’s May officially on the scrapheap as well. Not that we didn’t know that already, but it would’ve been nice to hear it from our own footballing authorities first.

Turns out Son has been allowed back to Korea so as to get his military training out of the way, which won’t start until the end of April and is set to take around a month. So that’s May officially on the scrapheap as well. Not that we didn’t know that already, but it would’ve been nice to hear it from our own footballing authorities first.

We shouldn’t allow any planes to leave or arrive except the repatriation of Britain’s stuck abroad on holiday, although I do wonder why they were allowed to travel with Covid 19 taking hold 3 weeks ago.
And does that mean Son will be the only passenger?

Last edited:
Interesting postings. Whatever happened to football. Has something gone wrong????

Forget Stella:poop: and replace with Belgian Beers ie Quads, Tripels, Dubbels ??

Straffe Hendrik Tripel my favourite, bit worried my supply is starting to get low and my order that was due to come over with Belgian friends next week has been cancelled with this damn Covid-19. At least I still have a decent supply of Brugse Zot blond and brown.

Does anyone really believe that those on the boards of the PL, EFL etc know what the hell they’re doing?

No disrespect, but how can anyone know what the hell they are doing in this situation? It's completely unprecedented. The authorities have nothing to go on, no time frame to work to and no idea what legal challenges might come out of all this.

It's easy to pontificate on a forum, but actually having to make these decisions is an absolute minefield. Whatever is decided, there are going to be a lot of noses put massively out of joint and a host of unforeseeable consequences. I, for one, do not envy the people who will have to make those decisions and I think it's unfair to slag them off before they've even managed to decide anything.

No disrespect, but how can anyone know what the hell they are doing in this situation? It's completely unprecedented. The authorities have nothing to go on, no time frame to work to and no idea what legal challenges might come out of all this.

It's easy to pontificate on a forum, but actually having to make these decisions is an absolute minefield. Whatever is decided, there are going to be a lot of noses put massively out of joint and a host of unforeseeable consequences. I, for one, do not envy the people who will have to make those decisions and I think it's unfair to slag them off before they've even managed to decide anything.
Communication has been beyond poor - people at several clubs who I know have all said the impression they’re getting is that the league doesn’t know whether it’s coming or going. I would feel sorry for the EFL if I thought they’d shown any sort of leadership or competence at all in recent years, but all they’ve done is fundamentally mismanage their own affairs and catastrophically fail several of their own member clubs. Not to mention the fact that they managed to sell their own cup competition down the river to the Premier League a couple of years ago. The management of the EFL has been horrific for years. It’s been a gravy train and an old boys network, and there are too many people on it who have done precisely nothing for the league and its member clubs. They’re paid an awful lot of money and given an awful lot of privilege, and while nobody can expect them to have perfect answers in this situation, they should have more to offer after a month than just a shrug of the shoulders. And as for the Premier League, well, I think anyone not living under a rock knows how shocking they’ve been as a governing body for years.

The future of dozens of clubs is in the balance and they are getting very little information - far less than they should be. At some point they need to make some sort of statement that at least shows they’re being assertive and decisive. Of course no decision will make everybody happy - that’s life. But the sound of cans being kicked around grows louder every day.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Premier League jetting off to China to complete their season.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom