Ex Player How many 'home grown' youngsters have played in the U's first team?

What was the young keeper who played against Chelsea (1-1 draw) in FA cup at Manor ground called?

Jimmy Light .....(who's likeness featured on the pubsign at the Corner House on the slade for many years)

thanks to me Dad for that ^ one:)
I'm sure it wasn't Jimmy on the pub sign, but can't remember who it was.

Elliot Jackson ?

Funnily enough I just came on here to post his name. Swindon-born player.

Unless some of the older heads can correct me, I think that the only youth team goalkeepers to have made a first team appearance for us have been Max Crocombe, Sam Warrell, Elliot Jackson, Simon Cox and Roy Burton.

Elliot Jackson ?

Funnily enough I just came on here to post his name. Swindon-born player.

Unless some of the older heads can correct me, I think that the only youth team goalkeepers to have made a first team appearance for us have been Max Crocombe, Sam Warrell, Elliot Jackson, Simon Cox and Roy Burton.

Bradie Clarke?

Really like Paul Reece as well, great shot stopper for a little guy

Didnt Phil Wilson get agame in goal too?

Yes he did. Came on as a sub against Bristol Rovers and started against Notts County at the end of the 2004-05 season*.

Edit: *Info from the excellent Rageonline website.

Last edited:
Didn’t martin grey go in goal once as well? Or am I imagining things

Aiden Hawtin ( aka 'ballboy' v Ritchie in the 2-0 home win over Sw*nd*n)

had a first team cameo appearance in the away game to Tramere a few seasons after the 'ballboy' incident.... cant recall if he made any other first team appearances though?

An incident that pretty much ensured his place in OUFC folklore irrespective of what else he did in his career! That game had just about everything!

Back
Top Bottom