How long can Eales remain silent?

What should Eales do next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellowyellow

Lots of opinions out there at the moment, vocal get rid of Clotet, seems to hold with the majority. What though about the silent fans, who may have now taken stock and think being in tenth place currently is reward enough.

I think with jan transfer window being so important, we will hear one way or the other very soon. Either he will decide this takeover is going nowhere (again) and publicly end it. Or we will have an announcement that we have new owners (or majority ones ) either way it will need a clear statement of ambition in the market. If Darryl is staying great, let’s spend those funds that were told are there following sales. If he’s not let’s see what the new guys intend to do

I think yesterday was a year of Eales losing interest coming home to roost. Much of the good work done in his first few years has been undone now, we have a poor side and next to no backroom staff to promote the club.

The cost cutting while he tries to sell the club was always going to have an effect, Appleton’s presence and the previous good work delayed the impact but now reality is slapping us hard in the face. Anyone who saw us play Cheltenham, Blackpool etc knew that we were above our ability in the league, yesterday was coming. Unless we take some pretty drastic action, I think we need at least 5 players to come in, then I expect a lot more of those types of beatings, we are physically not equipped to cope at this level.

If the takeover malaise continues and we bring no one in then we need about 19 points to be safe, that seems easy but I am not full of confidence that the worlds slowest football team is good enough to get that amount, think we might of used up all our luck this season.

Yesterday was bad, very very bad but it is just one game. Before yesterday results have shown we a mid table side and that is where we will finish. The test will be how the players react from yesterday's mauling. It's going to be a big transfer window for Pep if he wants to still be in a job come the end of the season.

As for Eales then there is no take over and never has been. He is looking for extra investment so the club can challenge to get into the Championship. He has already said in the past that if and when there is something to be said then he will say it but until then it's business as usual.

I think some fans seem to forget that yesterday will be hurting the players and club staff as well. No professional footballer wants to be on the end of that scoreline and they will know they let the club down.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Then, these players are hurting game after game, and changing nothing regarding the mistakes they continue to make. It's not about one result, you're right. Its about what's led up to this, this result has been coming and probably wont be the last heavy defeat. We have been shocking over most of the last 10 games or so. Did you hear clotet's interview yesterday, complete and utter drivel. He said the players basically gave their all. He's not going to blame the players, and it went on and on, peppered with his usual fokkus catchphrase.

The players clearly aren't playing for him, and if comments above from two separate people are to believed then he has no respect amongst the squad.

Management comes from the top, and this is another failing of eales. He has said and done nothing all season to support clotet. Through both their actions we currently have dumb and dumber running the club, our club. Hopefully both will be gone soon, and we are left with an owner who does give a damn about the club, with a manager who tries to build a squad using players who aren't injury prone, journeymen, after their final pay cheque.

If those players gave a damn about the yellow shirt then they wouldn't be serving up the usual comedy of errors week after week, under the leadership of Coco the clown. That's where your comment is right, that this isn't about one game but an ongoing farce being served up by Coco and his band of Dads army, old codgers, with a few Private Pike's mixed in.

Clotet gives more coaching advice from the touchline.

Then, these players are hurting game after game, and changing nothing regarding the mistakes they continue to make. It's not about one result, you're right. Its about what's led up to this, this result has been coming and probably wont be the last heavy defeat. We have been shocking over most of the last 10 games or so. Did you hear clotet's interview yesterday, complete and utter drivel. He said the players basically gave their all. He's not going to blame the players, and it went on and on, peppered with his usual fokkus catchphrase.

The players clearly aren't playing for him, and if comments above from two separate people are to believed then he has no respect amongst the squad.

Management comes from the top, and this is another failing of eales. He has said and done nothing all season to support clotet. Through both their actions we currently have dumb and dumber running the club, our club. Hopefully both will be gone soon, and we are left with an owner who does give a damn about the club, with a manager who tries to build a squad using players who aren't injury prone, journeymen, after their final pay cheque.

If those players gave a damn about the yellow shirt then they wouldn't be serving up the usual comedy of errors week after week, under the leadership of Coco the clown. That's where your comment is right, that this isn't about one game but an ongoing farce being served up by Coco and his band of Dads army, old codgers, with a few Private Pike's mixed in.

Clotet gives more coaching advice from the touchline.
U seem to have used a picture of Lawrence vigouroux organising his defence by mistake

It’s Clotet out for me too. A couple of his signings have some good qualities - eg Ricardinho shows sublime skill at times, Mous seems the sort of admirable guy we need at the back especially with no Nelson (albeit he had a shocker yesterday) - but the team are not playing for him and he refuses to change a system that clearly isn’t working. And that dreadful interview yesterday did it for me. I could see other people in their cars shouting at the radio! It was deluded and arrogant. And showed zero respect to the paying public. And as lots have said this hammering was definitely coming...

I would also put in a vote for the fans forum option. I get some of the anti Eales stuff but don’t really agree with it, he deserves lots of the credit for the terrific previous 2 seasons so I’m still pro. But coming out and trying to reassure people is definitely needed as is some statement of intent in January window.

Getting relegated - which for me is highly unlikely but not out of the question - would ruin all that has gone before.....

DE used to come into the bar for a chat afterwards - win, lose or draw - but you don't see him now. Oh hang on - you don't see many others now with £6.00 for a bottle of beer!

Would not trust PC with transfer fund as he might bring more OAPs in who are not equipped to stand English div 1 .

Would not trust PC with transfer fund as he might bring more OAPs in who are not equipped to stand English div 1 .
I wouldn't either. Trouble is will there be any funds? Won't be able to attract a new gaffer if he thinks he's getting a poisoned chalice. Ownership and direction needs to be sorted and stated publicly before you can reshuffle the pack lower down to any effect.

Might just be me, but I get the feeling that the Thai involvement isn't going to be anything like we think it is, if it does indeed happen.

I think Eales, for good or bad, will be with the club for a long while yet. His involvement will probably change, but rather than it all being on his shoulders I can see the club ownership being spread more evenly than having one majority shareholder like we do now.

For me thats not a bad thing. He's overseen a pretty damned good period for the club, and prior to recent times was happy to put his hand in his pocket to fund transfers. We can sit and say they were investments where he knew he'd get his money back but this is football, how often does that plan actually play out.

More pressing for me are the on pitch issues. Does Eales and any other investors give money to a manager like Clotet, who seems to be sinking rapidly and unable to change things? I personally wouldn't. On that basis I would probably get rid now. I wouldn't like it, I would love Clotet to succeed, but I just don't think he's capable.

How much of what we've achieved under Eales is down to what Ashton put in place?
I agree, but u have to give Darryl the credit that it was him that brought Ashton in, and funded his plan. I still think that’s his biggest mistake thinking he could take over that side himself and dispense with mark

I wouldn't either. Trouble is will there be any funds? Won't be able to attract a new gaffer if he thinks he's getting a poisoned chalice. Ownership and direction needs to be sorted and stated publicly before you can reshuffle the pack lower down to any effect.
What's happened to all the transfer money , Johnson , O Dowda , Roofe , and Lundstrom ? .

any odds yet on slippery showing up at the Oxvox members meeting on Jan 10th?

Apparently he’s going to send along some made up program notes about how Rosie things are, how fantastic the future is and hot dogs all round.

clothead out!

Was thinking about this last night. Darryl is still largely quiet and there has been no word even from itk people about the takeover for some weeks even to say it’s all off.

I get the feeling that Darryl knows full well from experience that change just before a transfer window massively effects ur ability to bring in players, or convince others to stay. (See Liam Lindsay/ chris maguire) its hard to convince people of what ur trying to do if the clubs all up in the air with no stability. Could it be it is all signed off, these players are now coming in back on model with the financial backing of our new major shareholder, but delaying the announcement until the window is shut.

Back
Top Bottom