How long can Eales remain silent?

What should Eales do next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was thinking about this last night. Darryl is still largely quiet and there has been no word even from itk people about the takeover for some weeks even to say it’s all off.

I get the feeling that Darryl knows full well from experience that change just before a transfer window massively effects ur ability to bring in players, or convince others to stay. (See Liam Lindsay/ chris maguire) its hard to convince people of what ur trying to do if the clubs all up in the air with no stability. Could it be it is all signed off, these players are now coming in back on model with the financial backing of our new major shareholder, but delaying the announcement until the window is shut.

I would guess that he was looking to conclude everything late last year, but things are on hold/off for the time being. Had things been close to completion I think they'd have been pushed through to add more weight to these deals.

Was thinking about this last night. Darryl is still largely quiet and there has been no word even from itk people about the takeover for some weeks even to say it’s all off.

I get the feeling that Darryl knows full well from experience that change just before a transfer window massively effects ur ability to bring in players, or convince others to stay. (See Liam Lindsay/ chris maguire) its hard to convince people of what ur trying to do if the clubs all up in the air with no stability. Could it be it is all signed off, these players are now coming in back on model with the financial backing of our new major shareholder, but delaying the announcement until the window is shut.

I would guess that he was looking to conclude everything late last year, but things are on hold/off for the time being. Had things been close to completion I think they'd have been pushed through to add more weight to these deals.

Depends what the new guys intentions are, if it’s to bring in their own manager then I think that’s enough of a unstable situation to effect players coming in, as they just don’t know what it’s going to be like. Mapp and Ashton had that trouble convincing people when they first took over. It happened again when mapp left in convincing others like maguire and Lindsay . And above all I think if it was not going to happen Darryl would have come out and said so.

He was in the away end on Saturday, anyone chat with him?

He was in the away end on Saturday, anyone chat with him?

Even if they did, I doubt very much he will have spilled the beans. They way he has dealt with nearly all of our transfers and the last takeover bid, is to keep things very close until the deal is done. Said as much himself as well. So wouldn’t really expect any different

I would love to know who this investor is which so many people voted for who will buy a club with few assets and no ground. I was led to believe that Santa Claus was make believe and that Richard Branson has no interest in turning his big fortune into a small fortune bankrolling our club. Regardless of whatever has happened in terms of player sells DE has still ploughed significant amounts of money into this club with no real prospect of recouping it.
If he gambled with his money in the way some of you like to pretend you would then he and the club would go under quicker than the Titanic.
There is potential, obvious potential, in a successful club in Oxfordshire but thanks to the stupidity of NM that is as far away now as it has ever been. I’m just thankful for what DE (and MA*2)have done in the last few years and don’t understand the attitude of many on this forum. It’s all very well coming up with hypothetical ideas and mumbling it’s a forum so my opinion counts but at some stage, reality and logic have got to gate crash the party.

I would love to know who this investor is which so many people voted for who will buy a club with few assets and no ground. I was led to believe that Santa Claus was make believe and that Richard Branson has no interest in turning his big fortune into a small fortune bankrolling our club. Regardless of whatever has happened in terms of player sells DE has still ploughed significant amounts of money into this club with no real prospect of recouping it.
If he gambled with his money in the way some of you like to pretend you would then he and the club would go under quicker than the Titanic.
There is potential, obvious potential, in a successful club in Oxfordshire but thanks to the stupidity of NM that is as far away now as it has ever been. I’m just thankful for what DE (and MA*2)have done in the last few years and don’t understand the attitude of many on this forum. It’s all very well coming up with hypothetical ideas and mumbling it’s a forum so my opinion counts but at some stage, reality and logic have got to gate crash the party.
I am very impressed with the business model Mr Eales is implementing (apart from Summer17 but we all make mistakes). I am frustrated that we have to sell our best players at the right price but I also appreciate that the football club needs to be a sustainable going concern.

Back
Top Bottom