How is your town/city/village/hamlet......

Down here on the south coast roads quiet supermarkets only allowing a certain number of shoppers at a time then 1 in 1 out system. Even gone down the Ikea route and we now have arrows on the floor which everyone has to follow around the store. Apart from loo rolls shelves pretty well stocked. Still amazed be the number off elderly that are on the streets just wandering around seemingly aimless, but its exercise for them I guess. Still get the odd idiot around, reports of people being mocked because they are wearing a mask. Still working as in my job we look after the most vulnerable in our society. We will beat this we have to. ?

I work at Reading College where kids who are vulnerable or from families with key workers can come. I have to make sure the kids who come into the library scan their cards on entry and exit and remain 2 metres apart while they work. I have never seen so little traffic in the town centre which was a pleasant change. I am working at home but go in on a rota. Yesterday was my first day back at work. The take up have been extremely low. I had one student in the morning and was allowed to go home at 2.00pm. My shift today has been cancelled and the whole college may now close early for Easter.

We were out for our regulation "Boris" (formerly a walk) yesterday, nice circuit from home through a couple of parks etc. One of which has an outdoor gym, this has been closed by the council. Each bit of equipment has a notice attached to it about CoV-19. Where possible they are also locked.

And there, in the middle of it, was some stupid woman using it.

I give up.

Not been out of the village since Saturday unless you count walking along the beach to Lyme with the dog in the morning - passed about 4 people yesterday and a few more today on a 2 hour walk. Odd that it's become polite to avoid the elderly then wave at them.

Ladyship and I are off to the metropolis of Seaton tomorrow to go to Tesco and get our weekly shop plus some stuff for (chortle) elderly neighbours.

A question: should one say "Be lucky, people" or "Be lucky people"?

You must reside very close to my holiday home, not far from Hunters Lodge on the A35. :)

Here in Malaysia we have been under partial lockdown for nearly 2 weeks. Partial lockdown means that only 1 person can go out by car once a day for essential travel, ie to the supermarket, doctors, etc. The Police and Army are out on the streets, but if caught they just take your details and tell you to go home. For me, I work in a Operations Centre of a Bank, nearly all of us are working from home to the degree people have unplugged their desktops, taken them home and carried on working.

I am lucky enough to live in a house here, so my day is logging onto the work laptop and working remotely. Our partial lockdown and restriction of movement order has been extended till 14th of April, so no Easter and Church here. I find it frustrating as like going out running, cycling, and all the other things we enjoy.

Not been out of the village since Saturday unless you count walking along the beach to Lyme with the dog in the morning - passed about 4 people yesterday and a few more today on a 2 hour walk. Odd that it's become polite to avoid the elderly then wave at them.

Ladyship and I are off to the metropolis of Seaton tomorrow to go to Tesco and get our weekly shop plus some stuff for (chortle) elderly neighbours.

A question: should one say "Be lucky, people" or "Be lucky people"?
though the village with be all but shut, if its low tide you could take an excersise stroll to Beer along the beach/ pebbles.... lovely little fishing village, and decent swimming in sea, though the latter will be a bit too cold to venture

For Oxon based folk Aldens/meatmaster are now delivering to Oxford city, Witney and Bicester poscodes. They sell meat and vegboxes. We have been using them for many years and the produce is good quality and excellent value. If it is safe for you to venture outdoors you can preorder and collect 48 hrs later from their Osney unit with minimal human contact.

They are an old established local Oxford company and I assume they have lost a lot of regular business with colleges. restaurants closing.

Keep well, keep distant

stroll to Beer along the beach/ pebbles.... lovely little fishing village, and decent swimming in sea, though the latter will be a bit too cold to venture

The other, Bridport, side of Lyme @Sarge . Beer is a lovely little village and the best beach - too far for me to walk what with tides and things; and it's in Devon.

Yes, it's lovely down there. Been to Lyme many times (for Guitars on The Beach a couple of times).

Do either of you know Colyton? It’s where the in-laws are from. Seaton is a dump, but I love Lyme. Envy you, Paul.
I don't ...Know Beer reasonably well, and Seaton vaguely.... will try n check out Lyme next time Im down that neck of the woods

We were out for our regulation "Boris" (formerly a walk) yesterday, nice circuit from home through a couple of parks etc. One of which has an outdoor gym, this has been closed by the council. Each bit of equipment has a notice attached to it about CoV-19. Where possible they are also locked.

And there, in the middle of it, was some stupid woman using it.

I give up.
I call those people "just a minutes". I'm using the equipment for just a minute. Blocked your drive for just a minute. Parked on double yellow for just a minute

Tend to be selfish and self centred prats from my experience

Do either of you know Colyton? It’s where the in-laws are from. Seaton is a dump, but I love Lyme. Envy you, Paul.

Only know where Colyton is but it's not on a main road iirc so should be ok.

Agree about Seaton but it has the biggest Tesco. ? probably try to use the excellent local outlets in Bridport for the next shop.

Here in Malaysia we have been under partial lockdown for nearly 2 weeks. Partial lockdown means that only 1 person can go out by car once a day for essential travel, ie to the supermarket, doctors, etc. The Police and Army are out on the streets, but if caught they just take your details and tell you to go home. For me, I work in a Operations Centre of a Bank, nearly all of us are working from home to the degree people have unplugged their desktops, taken them home and carried on working.

I am lucky enough to live in a house here, so my day is logging onto the work laptop and working remotely. Our partial lockdown and restriction of movement order has been extended till 14th of April, so no Easter and Church here. I find it frustrating as like going out running, cycling, and all the other things we enjoy.

Mate, there's quite a few short videos , circulating in SGP via Whatsapp. Drones dispensing crowds with some sort of fire work rockets, in what appears to be Ipoh & KL. Minor beatings and torture being applied to young men caught by Malaysian uniformed police officers. These videos could be invalid and fake. Yet, if valid, some of the authorities are not mucking about.

Getting bored here at home.
Reading some reports suggesting that the virus is peaking. I hope that is true. Most people are keeping their distance.
I have a feeling that the excellent weather is due in part to less pollution, and it is eerie the absence of noise.
Starting to really miss football, playing badminton, pub, restaurants and even shopping.
Even forgetting what day it is at times

Back
Top Bottom