How far away from Oxford do you live?

Peterdev

I know this has been discussed before. I live in Yateley, NE Hants. Are there many supporters around this area?

What percentage of our core support actually live in Oxford? Many live in the County but a high proportion seem to come from much further afield..

I’ve moved to many places. Intention is to move back to Oxfordshire within a year or two when I give up working.
Thinking about Witney but after seeing the chaos ensuing at Windrush Valley looking at other options. Botley might be OK but I’m sure the traffic is a serious problem even if the price of houses is less challenging there

If you drew a (Bermuda) triangle between MK, Northampton and Bedford - I'd be in the middle of it. Just under 60 miles from the stadium.

Born Old Headington, moved to Essex (Leigh on Sea), moved a bit North (Brightlingsea) then very North.... Leicester.

Grew up in Long Wittenham, went to Wallingford school where it was 50/50 split of Oxford and Reading fans. Moved later on to Chadlington where you find the odd Cheltenham & Swindon fan. Now live 152 miles from the stadium in Chester.

I spend about 3/4 of my time in Greensboro, North Carolina (3,854 miles away), and the rest of the time in Porto Alegre, Brasil (6,406 miles away). I usually manage to get to one game a year, and have made it to all our Wembley appearances, courtesy of Silver Ox. I have to say that the forum and iFollow are a whole lot better than trying to get the half-time and full-time scores on a transistor radio tuned to short wave. So I guess that, Trump and Brexit aside, there is progress.

Born in Abingdon, Went to school in Abingdon. Moved to Portsmouth in 1989 for work.

9045 miles in Perth. Been to 3 games in the last 4 years (my son was mascot for one - the only oxford supporting 10 year old in Western Australia). Ifollow (in this seasons incarnation) and YF are good. I like it at the start and end of the season as kick off time is 10pm on a Saturday. Less convenient when the clocks change. Glad to see that Jon-iou and my “campaign” last season to get commentary on the vision seems to have paid off.

Opposite from most people on here, in that I’m an immigrant rather than an exile. Born and raised in Lancashire, school in Bolton.

Moved to Abingdon from London 15 years ago to raise kids. Only started supporting OUFC during the L2 promotion campaign. Never supported a team before that.

Plastic made good(ish) I guess.

(awaits backlash)

Opposite from most people on here, in that I’m an immigrant rather than an exile. Born and raised in Lancashire, school in Bolton.

Moved to Abingdon from London 15 years ago to raise kids. Only started supporting OUFC during the L2 promotion campaign. Never supported a team before that.

Plastic made good(ish) I guess.

(awaits backlash)

Once a Yellow always a Yellow

9045 miles in Perth. Been to 3 games in the last 4 years (my son was mascot for one - the only oxford supporting 10 year old in Western Australia). Ifollow (in this seasons incarnation) and YF are good. I like it at the start and end of the season as kick off time is 10pm on a Saturday. Less convenient when the clocks change. Glad to see that Jon-iou and my “campaign” last season to get commentary on the vision seems to have paid off.

YES!!! How annoying was that, particularly as they wouldn't even let you have two tabs open, one for video and one for audio. I'm quite sure that he change was all due to the two of us (I'm just surprised that we haven't yet had a vote of thanks by all those who use iFollow).

Reminds me that I haven’t thanked Chris Williams who no doubt had a big hand in sorting it out.

Back
Top Bottom