How do you guys feel about Cambridge? Is there anything there or is the rivalry projected on to you by the media?

Cambridge? To me they’re a smallish club, doing well at the moment. No rivalry or history between us though I quite like them now as their fans seemed decent.

Like us they’re a club that will always be associated with their local university. They’re doing well in League One and after Saturday are more respected by Yellow fans for their behaviour during one of our saddest days.

It reads well to the neutral/non OUFC fan, ‘Oxford vs Cambridge’ - but I don’t think any of us feel any special way about them. Nothing wrong with the club promoting it to get a bit of attention I suppose.

I don’t feel that there is any rivalry. Like Sarge said, we are (mostly) not students just ordinary fans.
The boat race? Couldn’t give a hoot who wins.

None, never has and never will.

Leave all that to the students!

I have no issue with Cambridge at all, apart from that away stand being inexplicably a mile from the pitch I enjoy going there. Really nice city.

Don't care who wins the boat race as I've never rowed, I'm not posh, and didn't go to either university.

Just another football cub,no rivalry at all,any media interest is self generated

A bloke from each city build a raft using wooden pallets and a few old oil drums (but never enough rope) and great hilarity ensues when they race down the Swift Ditch.
Now I'm way more likely to watch that than the toffs race. Soapbox Derby on water, what's not to love?

Back
Top Bottom