How do you beat Citeh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If putting crosses in early is the tactic, then we won't have anyone on the end of them if Taylor doesn't play.

Mackie will just get passed around, and doesn't provide the poaching threat.

So I'd play Taylor from the start.

Play both from the start. I would

Play both from the start. I would
If playing both, I'd play Mackie in a slightly deeper role and let him be a nuisance whilst leaving Taylor further up to get on the end of crosses and poach.

Depending on fitness, I'd play;

Eastwood
Long Dickie Mous Ruffels
Gorrin
Henry Brannagan Fosu
Mackie
Taylor

If playing both, I'd play Mackie in a slightly deeper role and let him be a nuisance whilst leaving Taylor further up to get on the end of crosses and poach.

Depending on fitness, I'd play;

Eastwood
Long Dickie Mous Ruffels
Gorrin
Henry Brannagan Fosu
Mackie
Taylor
Not bad, but we’ll need the extra defender. Mackie out and Mous in next to Gorrin.

Not bad, but we’ll need the extra defender. Mackie out and Mous in next to Gorrin.

No good sitting back against city. Would rather have a go at them and get done on the counter. Mackie will chase down everything and hopefully create space for Taylor.

No. Gorrin didn't play well when alongside another midfielder at the start of the season. He needs the freedom to cover/read the game. So play him as we have since being on this successful run as he is so much more successful sweeping behind the other midfielders.

Further I would rather we tried beating them playing our way because just trying to stop them won't work.

No. Gorrin didn't play well when alongside another midfielder at the start of the season. He needs the freedom to cover/read the game. So play him as we have since being on this successful run as he is so much more successful sweeping behind the other midfielders.

Further I would rather we tried beating them playing our way because just trying to stop them won't work.
Agree, although there would be an argument for playing Baptiste and Brannagan ahead of Gorrin to provide a little more strength in the middle. That way we would still have Henry and Fosu adding width and Taylor/Mackie up on their own.

Having extra bite in the middle and disrupting City will be fine if we then look to move the ball quickly through Fosu and putting their defence on the back foot.

Agree, although there would be an argument for playing Baptiste and Brannagan ahead of Gorrin to provide a little more strength in the middle. That way we would still have Henry and Fosu adding width and Taylor/Mackie up on their own.

Having extra bite in the middle and disrupting City will be fine if we then look to move the ball quickly through Fosu and putting their defence on the back foot.
No way would I leave Gorrin out v Man City. He will be one of our key players I reckon.

Basically we have to play absolutely out of our skins and City have to have a really, really, REALLY bad day at the office.
Why did Wigan play out of there skin to beat city this season city are abit of a weaker animal there defence is dodgy they might not have there best gk so we just play are game rough them up abit and we will win

Ah ok when you said there is an argument to play Baptiste ahead of Gorrin...
That was in reply to the suggestion of having another midfielder alongside Gorrin instead of Mackie as a deep no.10. Either way, we're in agreement that Gorrin is in!!

Still play Gorrin ahead of Baptiste an added bit of grit and determination

I reckon citeh will have to be at their very best on Dec 17 ... even then an in form OUFC are very likely to beat em:)

instruct Mackie to do a 'Gomez' on Sterling n then we'll batter em in style ;)

I reckon citeh will have to be at their very best on Dec 17 ... even then an in form OUFC are very likely to beat em:)

instruct Mackie to do a 'Gomez' on Sterling n then we'll batter em in style ;)
Don’t forget Moose to have Aguero in his pocket and Taylor to leave Stones in his wake

An Oxford Fail feature this week reported that the mural is to be put in place soon but it was a footnote to this feature that caught my eye. Paul Peros (oxvox) was quoted at the foot of the article and spoke about the City game, saying...

"They have some great plans underway for the Man City game (on December 18) and we were happy to step back from our original plan to unveil then and go with what should be a big crowd against our local rivals from up the road."(Whycome).
I wonder what ‘great plans’ they are???
Any ideas??

An Oxford Fail feature this week reported that the mural is to be put in place soon but it was a footnote to this feature that caught my eye. Paul Peros (oxvox) was quoted at the foot of the article and spoke about the City game, saying...

"They have some great plans underway for the Man City game (on December 18) and we were happy to step back from our original plan to unveil then and go with what should be a big crowd against our local rivals from up the road."(Whycome).
I wonder what ‘great plans’ they are???
Any ideas??
Beating Manchester City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom