How do you beat Citeh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defensively, they are a bit of mess. One for Mackie and Taylor to get about them. With the Xmas period, they could put a weaker team out due to higher priorities...

they have a slightly bigger squad to choose from than we do.... despite which, I fancy therell be a league cup upset on Dec 18, live on Sky TV
They do, but to quote a friend of mine. Otamendi is a complete <bleeping> liability and Stones ain't much better. We didn't sign Maguire because of FFP and we're back to playing Fernandinho there because Pep trusts him.

I know it's not strictly relevant, but has anyone seen Otamendi's back tattoos? They're comfortably the worst set of ink I've ever seen.

Start Mackie to get in their faces for the first 70 mins, and then bring on Taylor to hopefully poach a goal late on. The defence is get-at-able. With their tough run of fixtures then, Pep will presumably rest his few healthy CBs, so the central pairing, and perhaps even the wingbacks, will be less solid than last year's Kompany (who went on to play a key part in their run in) and Otamendi (who was not yet the joke figure he currently seems to be), with Stones sitting in front.

It's a shame we don't have Whyte any more for games like this. While Fosu is excellent, he does not possess the kind of blistering pace that will put even top-level defenders on their heels if he runs at them. I would play CB and Henry in front of Gorrin; Baptiste may have started last year, and can be great on his day, but on days like this we will need calm older heads like Henry's if we are to get anything - which seems much more likely than last time.

Attack down the wings and put crosses in early. Can see this being a game for Mackie chasing down the defenders and goalie.

Hope Clownio Bravo is on goal and they play Stones and Otamendi together. What Mackie and Taylor could do to those two. Nightmare on Grenoble Road springs to mind

Hope Clownio Bravo is on goal and they play Stones and Otamendi together. What Mackie and Taylor could do to those two. Nightmare on Grenoble Road springs to mind

Yep, that’s spot on. Just get Pep to play that back 5 and we’re home and dry. Special mentions also for Kyle Walker’s and Angelico’s inept performances as well.

Games like this one is when I wish we still had the priory we could of made it very intimidating on there arrival abit like rushden all those years ago in the p.o they lost the game whilst still on there coach lol

Games like this one is when I wish we still had the priory we could of made it very intimidating on there arrival abit like rushden all those years ago in the p.o they lost the game whilst still on there coach lol
A scruffy pub is intimidating?

Get as many day trippers into the ground as possible so that at least half the stadium will go home happy!

Are the stumps behind the fence on sale yet? might have to start the bidding.

I think we're a far better side this year than last year and the 0-3 was a respectful score. City looked to me last year, that they could at any point have turned up the pressure and scored a hatful. So I hope for this game that City are looking ok in the league before we play them, because we don't need their players looking to prove a point to Pep.

I have the solution! We just need one of these things made with an Ox for pre-match.

We won't reach the last four;
But win, lose or draw,
We'll hold our heads high.
We'll look to the sky
And we'll say with a snarl:
"You may be God, but we pray to Karl!"

Attack down the wings and put crosses in early. Can see this being a game for Mackie chasing down the defenders and goalie.
If putting crosses in early is the tactic, then we won't have anyone on the end of them if Taylor doesn't play.

Mackie will just get passed around, and doesn't provide the poaching threat.

So I'd play Taylor from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom