How did he get that gigg

Cass63

What’s on his management c.v to get the Wales job

Apparently the firs question was "Are you Welsh?" And that is how they made the decision

They better hope he bothers to turn up, hardly made himself available too often as a player but he is passionate about wales honest gov

Not the first ex-player to get his first real taste of management at international level - can't say I'm rooting for him though

They better hope he bothers to turn up, hardly made himself available too often as a player but he is passionate about wales honest gov

Yeah probably as passionate about Wales as Vinnie Jones was ?

I hope his hubris comes back to haunt him. His interview for the Swansea job apparently showed a total lack of preparation. His attitude was that of 'I'm Ryan Giggs - when do I start?' He's arrogantly said that his ideas would go over the heads of lower league players so is determined to nab a top level gig.

Begs the question why he took the Wales job then! I hope he suffers a humiliation at the hands of Andorra or the Faroe Islands so he can learn some respect for the game. His own mentor, Sir Alex, started his managerial career at the lowly East Stirlingshire and Giggs should do his time there too.

Rarely do top quality players make good managers..... there are exceptions to the rule of course

And like most of the Welsh team he's English. .

He was born in Cardiff.

He definitely seems to have a sense of entitlement because of his playing career. Can't imagine it will be successful appointment personally, but it's Wales, so I don't really care either way.

Last edited:
Bizarre choice to say the least. Being a top quality player doesn't guarantee being a top quality coach.

I reckon this appointment actually makes a bit of sense for both sides.

He'd probably have been a disaster if a Premiership side did actually take a punt on him - clearly doesn't have the experience to jump into that right away; and equally clearly is too arrogant to start lower down the pyramid and actually prove himself.

The Wales job, however, satisfies his ego and gives him a chance to prove he's a competent manager.

From Wales' perspective, they're probably not going to get anyone great for the role anyways; at least by taking a punt on Giggs, there's a chance he's going to turn out to be a good manager. And, frankly, how tough a job is it? Six times a year or so, you get to take charge of twenty or so mediocre cloggers, and you've got to devise a gameplan so that they get the ball as quickly and efficiently as possible to Gareth Bale.

I struggled to make it through that team ‘meeting’ earlier @Dave T !

Aside from Bale and Ramsey what do Wales have? Both now late twenties (I think!), how much longer will they turn out for? Not a great time for Giggs to take on the role!

His refusal to start low and work his way up will cost him in the end, he may get a bit more time with wales than he would at somewhere like stoke. But those clubs weren’t appointing him for a reason. It will end eventually as gary Neville did

His refusal to start low and work his way up will cost him in the end, he may get a bit more time with wales than he would at somewhere like stoke. But those clubs weren’t appointing him for a reason. It will end eventually as gary Neville did

At least Neville makes a reasonable pundit and talks a bit of sense, so has that to fall back on; Giggs is painful to listen to. Definitely doesn’t strike me as a great thinker, or at least doesn’t seem to articulate his thoughts very well.

Last edited:
Ryan Giggs said:- "I played 64 times for my country. I'd like to think I'll be the same kind of manager as I was a player"

So presumably that means he'll not turn up to the Wednesday match away to Lithuania due to a 'niggling injury/illness' but will be fully fit in time for his punditry stint on Saturday.

i bet he wont be against the w.a.g.s travelling come euro's and world cups time allegedely

At least he applied. The English FA have given the Women's job to a man that has no experience, no links with the women's game, and didn't even apply for the job. Apparently someone put his name forward as a joke...

Back
Top Bottom