How can you support Stratfield Brake?

I thought this was going to be a Kidlington NIMBY starting a thread at first.
We have a focus group working on a new thread title as we speak but there will be a one month consultation period before we decide :unsure:

Will OXVOX be at the home game against Portsmouth on the 5th Feb?. I hope so, get more signatures and OXVOX memberships

I've just sent off an email to my local County Councillor. I used a few tips to compose my email. All very basic stuff but, everything helps. I wrote out the text using MS Word which allows for a spell check and grammar check. It is also much easier to write and edit in Word.
I researched all the content before sending to make sure that what I was asking for was factual. I've looked at the website for the councillor and discovered what they themselves are campaigning for and how I could use that in favour of the plans. (mine is in favour of carbon neutral build and education - easy)
I have also quoted from Kidlington Parish Council reports (KPC Chair's report December 2021 is relevant) The leaked letter also contains lots of information.
There are now Facebook pages and tweets appearing that those who have doubts are populating, their opposition is more pointers to what needs to be emphasised (E.g. on street parking issues, increased traffic in Kidlington)
I kept the finished email short, to the point, positive and polite. I mentioned that both my wife and I are constituents of said councillor and season ticket holders to OUFC - only fair to be open and honest.
If you have thought about writing but, haven't done so yet, please consider doing so. The more letters, emails etc that councillors receive, the more they will take note and, hopefully, realise what a fantastic opportunity this represents for Oxfordshire.

Just done the public consultation survey and also sent an email to Duncan Enright our local councilor who is I believe on the cabinet. I mentioned about ground sharing is a waste of time, the Coventry example used by Mr.Hill was wrong ie ground sharing at Northampton town FC and Birmingham City then moving back to the Ricoh Arena and now deciding on building their own stadium due to high rent costs. I also mentioned I know it's a long time ago about Charlton Athletic leaving the Valley Ground and ground share with Palace. The Charlton fans had to form a one issue political party called the valley and campaign a return to the valley in the Greenwich Borough 1990 elections for which they won 11% of the vote. This force the issue with the local council and paved the way to return to the valley. Where would Oxford ground share if we lost the case for the new stadium and also the lease running out at the Kasstad in 2026.

Back
Top Bottom